Video: Nasty Bangkok taxi driver caught on tape threatening a female passenger is fined and banned for a month

webfact

Video: Nasty Bangkok taxi driver caught on tape threatening a female passenger is fined and banned for a month

3am.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A taxi driver who was caught on tape threatening a female passenger has been fined 2,000 baht and banned for a month.

Bunset Inthawongchai did some serious pointing at his passenger when he saw her filming him when the meter was running too fast.

"Don't mess with me!", he yells but his passenger is unfazed.

Then when land department officials went to the garage that he used to rent his vehicle they got a bonus - they found three out of date taxis, fined the operator the top whack and ripped off the number plates of the cars Thairath reported.

The video began as the female passenger sees the meter running too fast on a journey she is familiar with. Her complaints are met with a series of lame excuses that the passenger does not buy.

She takes a video of the driver's details then as she says she will report him he turns and the conversation becomes threatening. The driver tells her to stop filming and erase the footage or he will sue her.

The passenger calmly asks on what charge exactly would he sue her.

She presented her evidence to the land transport department who went to the garage where the driver rented his cab. He was fined 1,000 baht for impoliteness and 1,000 baht for having a meter incorrectly set. He was also banned from driving a taxi for a month.

In addition the officials found three cabs with out of date documents. They took the plates off the vehicles and fined the operator 10,000 baht for each violation and further said that the operator could not register any vehicles for six months.

Source; Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-24

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition the officials found three cabs with out of date documents. They took the plates off the vehicles and fined the operator 10,000 baht for each violation

I think the paltry fine, and the token ban are the least of his worries.

The owner of the rental place ain't going to be happy with him.

25 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

'The driver tells her to stop filming and erase the footage or he will sue her'

Hmm, where did he get the idea he could sue someone for exposing his crimes? I wonder? 

A lesson taught by example over a decade ago...

Young lady, I salute you! Well done! 

Land transport dept., also a job well done! 

Ban the driver for a month and if he's caught messing aroung again, ban him for life. 

Everybody deserves a second chance in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Why not put 50.000 baht fines on rigged metres? 1000 is far too low.

And what is done about taxi's driving on a license of another driver? I see it more and more lately.

1000 baht really for threatening the lady with bodily harm? He should never be allowed to   work in the tourist industry....

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

'The driver tells her to stop filming and erase the footage or he will sue her'

Hmm, where did he get the idea he could sue someone for exposing his crimes? I wonder? 

Defamation laws and Computer Crimes act.

You can post something completely true and still be sued by the person you have exposed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/970358-bbc-journalist-faces-five-years-jail-for-thailand-reporting/?page=3#comment-11651724

Amazing Thailand.

If some taxi driver convicted of any crimes, it should be announced in the Taxi radios. So that others are scared.

Probably if the crime is proved in court, and endanger the passenger's life, he should be banned driving taxi for life.

Then they will scared. Once i confronted a taxi in front of Central World. You can go insulting them, but make sure there are CC Tv cameras around, they will be scared.

Take photo of them and their car, rather than stay and cheat another passenger they will move away, and they will not come back and cheat next one.

'The driver tells her to stop filming and erase the footage or he will sue her.' Pillock! 

The transport dept. might just be getting a little more serious about these scam merchants. But they could also try being more proactive. That way, they might have actually found the three taxis with out of date documentation instead of inadvertently stumbling across them.

23 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Defamation laws and Computer Crimes act.

You can post something completely true and still be sued by the person you have exposed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/970358-bbc-journalist-faces-five-years-jail-for-thailand-reporting/?page=3#comment-11651724

Amazing Thailand.

Indeed. But even in LoS, his succeeding with such a suit would be a stretch of credulity.

1 hour ago, 6thST said:

I forgot to ask does the driver even have a drivers license??? He also only got a 1 month banned from driving a taxi??? What a joke!!!

I would not have been happy with him keep looking round at me whilst driving.It takes a fraction of time to take your eyes off the road and have a serious accident,That was really scary 

Archived