Video: Nasty Bangkok taxi driver caught on tape threatening a female passenger is fined and banned for a month

webfact

5 hours ago, Panda13 said:

Good job. Well done Lands Transport Dept. emoji106.pngemoji106.png

4 hours ago, uchibenkei said:

Smart and brave woman.  Good for her.  

IMHO the good job was done by the lady.

Brave and decisive, but staying calm and polite despite his threat.

The LTO? Well, maybe I am wrong, but seeing the taxi driver fumbling around with something like a remote, does that mean, he can adjust the meter with the remote? If so, not unlikely that is a fixed installation. Would have been a good idea, to check all the taxis of the operator, if they have rigged meters ...

Edited by BernieOnTour

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

Why not put 50.000 baht fines on rigged metres? 1000 is far too low.

And what is done about taxi's driving on a license of another driver? I see it more and more lately.

Because very few taxi drivers have that sort if money. Keeping the fines low, as laughable as it may seem, probably ensures some payment is made.

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

In addition the officials found three cabs with out of date documents. They took the plates off the vehicles and fined the operator 10,000 baht for each violation

I think the paltry fine, and the token ban are the least of his worries.

The owner of the rental place ain't going to be happy with him.

I don't think the owner will care.  All the owners of taxi cooperatives are mafia.  It is a business where need taxi drivers to be scared of your enforcers to make sure they bring back the car, pay rent and follow the rules. 

The punishment is better than nothing but he should be banned for life.

The good and bad of technology every one carry a cell phone these days and camera rolling video shooting it is a good thing and perhaps the bully will start thinking about how to be polite and have good manners.

I would use my safety lamp/taser if there was any arm done.

9 hours ago, rkidlad said:

'The driver tells her to stop filming and erase the footage or he will sue her'

Hmm, where did he get the idea he could sue someone for exposing his crimes? I wonder? 

it happened in the Us a few times people filming police were sued !!!

5 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

IMHO the good job was done by the lady.

Brave and decisive, but staying calm and polite despite his threat.

The LTO? Well, maybe I am wrong, but seeing the taxi driver fumbling around with something like a remote, does that mean, he can adjust the meter with the remote? If so, not unlikely that is a fixed installation. Would have been a good idea, to check all the taxis of the operator, if they have rigged meters ...

Maybe they did - they made short work of 3 sets of number plates of cabs with out of date documents!

But there again - maybe not - TIT

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Being abusive and a thief, surely this brings Thailand into far more disrepute than many actions.

Should have been banned for life!

You've got it all wrong.  This man is a Thai and the authorities have now decided that it is only tourists and ex-pats who bring Thailand into disrepute.

49 minutes ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

So based on his fine of 2,000 baht, threatening a single female passenger in your cab is 50 times less serious than feeding some bread to a couple of fish.

That's right,  but at least this passenger was not charged with inciting violence from the cab driver by her action, or with any other preposterous misdemeanour, like playing a game of bridge in the back with a fellow passenger, or potentially causing an accident by making the cab driver turn round  instead of paying attention to the road................ so she was quite lucky really.