Video: Nasty Bangkok taxi driver caught on tape threatening a female passenger is fined and banned for a month

webfact

Darksidedog is so right!  A lawyer caught red-handed not only with his hand in the till but also falsifying documents and signatures when transferring large tracts of land into his own name without the owner's knowledge or consent, appeared in Court with a counter action for defamation, threatening to stop any inheritance ever passing to the plaintiff , unless the defamation action was dropped.  Rather than confrontation and the threat of prolonging matters for years in Court, the plaintiff gave in, resulting in the loss of well over 1 billion baht in inheritance rightfully due !

Edited by flyingdoc
typo

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Jerry787

Had a similar exprience 1 month a go, pick up at airport asked to delivery me in Soi 52 and wanted to charge me 500thb strait, told him to go the Bang Na and he refused because to much taxi at the end he took the express way and  meter running fast... total fee 490 thb, when i usually pay 400 max...

the driver seen in the movie shall be banned for life, and revoke the driving license, to teach a lesson to other drivers, one months they don't care and if they keep driving other taxis, who going to find it out  ?

5 minutes ago, Jerry787 said:

Had a similar exprience 1 month a go, pick up at airport asked to delivery me in Soi 52 and wanted to charge me 500thb strait, told him to go the Bang Na and he refused because to much taxi at the end he took the express way and  meter running fast... total fee 490 thb, when i usually pay 400 max...

the driver seen in the movie shall be banned for life, and revoke the driving license, to teach a lesson to other drivers, one months they don't care and if they keep driving other taxis, who going to find it out  ?

Had exact same problem. Was at airport and got a taxi, but they wanted 500baht and no meter. Got out while at airport and support staff took his license plate number and info.

Get a call 2 weeks later saying the driver got suspended for 6 months and cannot take rides from the airport. He was found to have done this before.

Well done Swampy taxi rank!

9 hours ago, seancbk said:

I must be really lucky, I always seem to get one or the other of them.

are u aware of the fact that u can be scammed without even u knowing it?why u blasting here that always got honest taxi? Most likely u been in 100 rigged meter taxis without u got a glue what going on

2 hours ago, Grubster said:

Wait till you see him feeding fish and then nail him.

That's it trot out the thing about the fish.

Do you realise that feeding fish on a reef damages the ecosystem.     There are very good reasons why that tourist was arrested and there are people (Thais) who are far more knowledgeable about marine ecosystems than you'll ever be.    

http://www.reefresilience.org/coral-reefs/stressors/local-stressors/coral-reefs-tourism-and-recreational-impacts/

• Changes in marine life behavior from feeding or harassment by humans

http://greentumble.com/how-does-tourism-affect-coral-reefs/
  • Fish feeding and encounters with charismatic or rare species can alter the natural behavior of coral reef species, such as foraging behavior, changes in home range size, population density, migration patterns, and reproductive activities. Changes in the distribution of species may occur, as the more aggressive species will tend to dominate in areas where fish feeding is common. Decreases in overall species abundance have also been observed in some high-use areas.

4 hours ago, Jerry787 said:

Wow a whole 90 baht more since your last trip.

How will you pay for your holiday?

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:
13 hours ago, seancbk said:

I must be really lucky, I always seem to get one or the other of them.

are u aware of the fact that u can be scammed without even u knowing it?why u blasting here that always got honest taxi? Most likely u been in 100 rigged meter taxis without u got a glue what going on

I've lived in Bangkok 8+ years, I know how much it costs to take the taxi journeys I take every day or every night.

I very rarely get refused and if I do I just ask the next cab, I always get either the 2nd or 3rd taxi to take me.  

I never get ripped off.

Maybe the fact I speak Thai and live on Sukhumvit so they don't need to turn at all, just drive straight down Sukhumvit and drop me next to a BTS station (condo is next to that station).

80 baht gets me home and I give them the 20 baht (from the 100) as a tip.

6 hours ago, seancbk said:

I've lived in Bangkok 8+ years, I know how much it costs to take the taxi journeys I take every day or every night.

I very rarely get refused and if I do I just ask the next cab, I always get either the 2nd or 3rd taxi to take me.  

I never get ripped off.

Maybe the fact I speak Thai and live on Sukhumvit so they don't need to turn at all, just drive straight down Sukhumvit and drop me next to a BTS station (condo is next to that station).

80 baht gets me home and I give them the 20 baht (from the 100) as a tip.

They also even scam thais as u could see in the video.this scam was about wrigged meter not about wrong direction.To claim that all taxis are honest in Bangkok is just hilarious ok.But up to u

8 hours ago, seancbk said:

That's it trot out the thing about the fish.

Do you realise that feeding fish on a reef damages the ecosystem.     There are very good reasons why that tourist was arrested and there are people (Thais) who are far more knowledgeable about marine ecosystems than you'll ever be.    

http://www.reefresilience.org/coral-reefs/stressors/local-stressors/coral-reefs-tourism-and-recreational-impacts/

• Fish feeding and encounters with charismatic or rare species can alter the natural behavior of coral reef species, such as foraging behavior, changes in home range size, population density, migration patterns, and reproductive activities. Changes in the distribution of species may occur, as the more aggressive species will tend to dominate in areas where fish feeding is common. Decreases in overall species abundance have also been observed in some high-use areas.

Yes I know plenty about fish and the environment. Maybe we should just shoot those who don't and end all this nonsense. Don't you think a 500 baht fine would be sufficient for those who are not aware of this. Why don't you get out there and collect plastic bags and other trash instead of justifying this draconian punishment for some lady from the northern hemisphere making an honest mistake. By the way you should not be driving or using any electricity if you are such a save the planet guy. Do you realize what you are doing to our planet.

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

They also even scam thais as u could see in the video.this scam was about wrigged meter not about wrong direction.To claim that all taxis are honest in Bangkok is just hilarious ok.But up to u

I never said they don't scam.  I said I've never been scammed myself. 

I guess it has a lot to do with where you get taxis from and where you are going to.

I see people getting ripped off and refused all the time because they don't know that where they are trying to get a taxi is a spot that the mafia type taxis sit.   If those people just walked a hundred meters or so further up the road they could get into a good cab easily.   But people people that don't live here don't know that and people who do live here are perhaps lazy or hope that they just get lucky.

3 hours ago, Grubster said:

Yes I know plenty about fish and the environment. Maybe we should just shoot those who don't and end all this nonsense. Don't you think a 500 baht fine would be sufficient for those who are not aware of this. Why don't you get out there and collect plastic bags and other trash instead of justifying this draconian punishment for some lady from the northern hemisphere making an honest mistake. By the way you should not be driving or using any electricity if you are such a save the planet guy. Do you realize what you are doing to our planet.

I'm not a save the planet type guy at all.   I'm totally for big business and making lots of money.   

I commented because you felt the need to trot out some unrelated issue as if to say "oh they did this, what do you expect" as if Thais are stupid and you are somehow smarter.

My point was the Thais are smart, there is a good reason for that fish feeding fine.   

5 minutes ago, redwinecheese said:
13 minutes ago, seancbk said:

good reason for that fish feeding fine.   

everybody would love to hear that good reason that I am sure off

Are you not capable of following a thread and reading all the posts?

The fine and publicity of the fine is to stop other people from doing it.    

Feeding wild fish is damaging to the reef environment 

21 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Feeding wild fish is damaging to the reef environment 

:shock1: If so, give the feeder a warning not blackmail her with enormous amount of money and confiscate her passport for more blackmail to come !!

what if a Thai did it....hello

Edited by redwinecheese
clarification

58 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I never said they don't scam.  I said I've never been scammed myself. 

I guess it has a lot to do with where you get taxis from and where you are going to.

I see people getting ripped off and refused all the time because they don't know that where they are trying to get a taxi is a spot that the mafia type taxis sit.   If those people just walked a hundred meters or so further up the road they could get into a good cab easily.   But people people that don't live here don't know that and people who do live here are perhaps lazy or hope that they just get lucky.

Yeah yeah and how we know their taxi meter is not wrigged then?Is this also our fault for flagging down the "wrong" taxi? We not like u only riding the same one km taxi ride back forward that bts station all ur life.

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

I'm not a save the planet type guy at all.   I'm totally for big business and making lots of money.   

I commented because you felt the need to trot out some unrelated issue as if to say "oh they did this, what do you expect" as if Thais are stupid and you are somehow smarter.

My point was the Thais are smart, there is a good reason for that fish feeding fine.   

As I said I would agree with a fine but 100,000 baht bail come on.