Video: Driver who fled scene apologizes to victim and society

webfact

He had already started to turn left and the motorbike still tried to pass.  Typical of Thai's and their driving behaviour.  Suck sh$t to the motorbike rider, maybe they will think twice next time before trying to undertake a turning vehicle.  

I had one only 20 min ago.  I was on the bike, I indicated to turn right across the road into the front of a shop.  I had stopped to give way to a car coming the other way and then proceeded to cross the lane when a young Thai <deleted> wanted to overtake me nearly causing himself to crash.  Gave him a nice finger and told to go <deleted>$k himself. If he had of crashed I would have laughed and kept going, no shits given.  

Edited by Phuketboy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

was he using his indicator?

Was she looking (obviously not, not many Thai do, they all drive and ride with their eyes closed) and trying to not undertake a turning car? He was already turning before she even got there.  

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Yeah! She was dumb cos he had already started to turn left.

If being dumb here was a crime though, there wouldn't be many people on the streets.

What is as shocking as the guy driving off was the amount of people that drove by without stoping to see if she was OK.

Unbelievable.

LOI , land of ingnorance

I count at least vehicles driving past with at least 5 people who observed the victim in distress before someone intervened.

The first person to get out of the SUV didn't got to check the victim they appear to be taking a photo on their phone...not ringing for help

Land of Smiles...Land of Selfish b******s more like!

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

- I cannot tell if she's wearing a helmet, even on a full sized screen & nor can i tell if he's indicating.

- His dashcam might help if he had one, inc audio supporting his indicators were working.

- Some of the non affected drivers may have phoned for help and/or made their footage available instead of  'doing nuffink' as suspected in this thread.

- How many reading this are still driving without a dashcam...?

Just my 2p :)

If he had a dash cam, I'm sure it accidentally got deleted later, and he 'apologized' once the police tracked him down

4 hours ago, Cereal said:

Sorry about the girl on the bike, but I blame her 100% for that accident. I've been driving bikes for 40 years and you simply don't pull moves like that unless you wanna get smucked.

Poo on you, too... 5555

7 hours ago, Mook23 said:

I see nothing strange in the movie. Car doesnt use its direction lights/indicators. And turns left without watching his back. Motorcycle doesnt slow down although it was pretty obvious the guy was going to do a leftie. Driver then flees. Normal. Thai. Behaviour. Next. Please. Khrap.  

Yep, quite norman as my Thai wife would say, glad the girl is on the mend.

I see nothing strange in the movie. Car doesnt use its direction lights/indicators. And turns left without watching his back. Motorcycle doesnt slow down although it was pretty obvious the guy was going to do a leftie. Driver then flees. Normal. Thai. Behaviour. Next. Please. Khrap.  

and how many people simply passed without offering help to the poor victim....

Hi, I haven't seen this video here yet, but I really hate these motorbike drivers who do not care that cars want to turn left.

I don't know if this car driver was blinking, but anyway most stupid motorbike drivers just pass you even if you show that you want to turn since few seconds, I HATE THEM.

I do not wish anything bad to anyone, but people driving motorbikes as this one are just looking for problems, and sometimes it happens !

So why only blaming the car drivers when the stupid one is almost always the motorbikes drivers ?

When I blink since 15 seconds and they don't care but keep overtaking me they deserve what happens to them !

Anyway are you sure that these retarded have the right to overtake me on the left ?

But what I am sure is that when I blink since 15 seconds if they are not totally stupid they should let me turn !

So you don't know how to turn left as well?

The car should have turned on the indicators, moved slowly to the most left part of the road (so no motorbikes can pass him on the left anymore) , then he should slow down and make the turn left.

It's all his fault, no indicators and not keeping left to block the way for motocy's.

But in BKK maybe 20% of the cars uses indicators, even the big buses from the BMT are too stubborn to use them. And they all do it because they can and the police won't do a thing about it.

7 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Any rider with brains would slow down in those circumstances: it must have been obvious, now even more painfully so, that the guy was going left. So she keeps going at full bore assuming he will wait? Beyond dumb.

Yes, exactly ! but still why people accuse the car driver ? I agree that if he is Thai he must know nothing just like the bike driver !

5 minutes ago, fruitman said:

So you don't know how to turn left as well?

The car should have turned on the indicators, moved slowly to the most left part of the road (so no motorbikes can pass him on the left anymore) , then he should slow down and make the turn left.

It's all his fault, no indicators and not keeping left to block the way for motocy's.

But in BKK maybe 20% of the cars uses indicators, even the big buses from the BMT are too stubborn to use them. And they all do it because they can and the police won't do a thing about it.

Indicators or not, space or not, motorbikes still pass, they are hopeless brainless.

When I was learning to drive I was taught that if you make any manoeuvre from the normal forward flow of traffic (e.g.- left turn, right turn, lane change, joining a main road, leaving a main road) it is your responsibility to ensure that the manoeuvre is carried out safely.

In Thailand, motorcyclists are obliged to keep to the far left. Yes, it is a bloody nuisance when they don't react to your turn signal - but there is no excuse (none whatsoever) for turning across the path of a any vehicle which is merely travelling in the correct direction.

There is a good reason why cars are fitted with 3 rear view mirrors. In this case it is very clear that the car driver didn't use them.

8 minutes ago, abab said:

Indicators or not, space or not, motorbikes still pass, they are hopeless brainless.

Yup indicators mean nothing in thailand, when you see them flashing the driver highly probably forgot to turn them off an hour before.

Also many times i see indicators flashing for left while the vehicle turns right....

Drivers who lack the braincells to use indicators properly should sit in a citybus.  But in Thailand everybody is allowed to drive. 

Today on Chaeng Wattana road (very big main road in BKK) there were 2 cars driving against traffic...on all other roads i spotted at least 50 motocy's and cyclists going against traffic...SOOOO THAI and SOOO SELFISH.

And i guess mr Prayuth doesn't see those things so maybe he should go see the eyedoctor...how on earth can he not see all this??

Very happy to read that she survived. the car that hit her did a cowardly runner, various bikes and vehicles drove past without stopping and the first person that did stop took pictures first. Very voyeuristic and ghoulish,.

1 hour ago, abab said:

She wasn't passing- she was in HER lane. the cowardly ersehat (trying to beat spellcheck!) that didn't stop cut her off.

I guess you have never heard of 'mirror, signal, mirror, maneuever.'

Edited by Psimbo

17 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

She wasn't passing- she was in HER lane. the cowardly ersehat (trying to beat spellcheck!) that didn't stop cut her off.

I guess you have never heard of 'mirror, signal, mirror, maneuever.'

I guess that most people telling here that the car driver are motobikes drivers who know nothing and prefer to think that cars are always wrong...

Wrong or not, do what you want, but I am sure that I won't be the one laying in the road....

9 hours ago, Mook23 said:

Yes, this is standard driving here around Chiang Mai as well... A bit suprised that the motorbike was not slowing down more... maybe failing breaks? OR she was daydreaming? 

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

When I was learning to drive I was taught that if you make any manoeuvre from the normal forward flow of traffic (e.g.- left turn, right turn, lane change, joining a main road, leaving a main road) it is your responsibility to ensure that the manoeuvre is carried out safely.

In Thailand, motorcyclists are obliged to keep to the far left. Yes, it is a bloody nuisance when they don't react to your turn signal - but there is no excuse (none whatsoever) for turning across the path of a any vehicle which is merely travelling in the correct direction.

There is a good reason why cars are fitted with 3 rear view mirrors. In this case it is very clear that the car driver didn't use them.

It's possible that the car driver saw the woman on the motorbike but expected that she would slow down.... 

I feel like I have been in that womans situation on my scooter a million times, And i always slow down and curse the idiot car driver for not signalling earlier... but i do slow down.. and i'm still alive. Thank god.

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

When the PM travels all other traffic is halted.

Yes, and once normal traffic resumes people are now late and start driving even more reckless than what is Thai standard.. And even more accidents are likely to happen ... But he will never see it ... After farang new year this year he made a statement saying that he had tried everything with traffic and that he had given up... LOL .. all that's left is to fire the entire traffic police....