What is in Leo beer?

Maestro

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

little mary sunshine

"All the same"??? WHAT????? Are you Mad????

You are without a doubt a Phillistine, Thats like saying That all British Tourists are drunkard's, ooop's could be wrong there.

Phillistine?? Not quite..just not a drinker...If I was a drinker,

I believe ai would prefer wine or perhaps a good brandy  seems

to be more compatible with a refined palette.

On 25/02/2017 at 10:01 AM, chickenslegs said:

On the box "Gold Medal Award for World Class Quality"

I'm guessing that is in the category of "Best Thai Beer With Leopard on Label".

I think these days it's hard to find a beer that hasn't won some kind of award tbh

little mary sunshine.

Refined pallete be damned!

When its baking hot, and you've  been cleaning the widows, or cutting grass,or laying the floor tiles to your bathroom. or been shopping with the wife who tells you that you have to go all the way back to the market 'cos they sell the best carrots, Or just when you are hot, tired and sticky,only an ice cold, long glass,,with frost on it, and running down the sides, full of the Amber nectar will do.Offer a nip of whisky, or a glass of wine to someone like that will probably be refused with under the breath mutterings,questioning your sanity and asking what planet you actually live on.

Now,night time,watching a good movie, or listening to some good classic music, or reading a news paper/book, or other forms of relaxing, i would agree,but on this point i still think that your opinion of beer still requires your visit to your local mental institution for a short stay or the Police for a day or two of attitude adjustment.

19 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

little mary sunshine.

Refined pallete be damned!

When its baking hot, and you've  been cleaning the widows, or cutting grass,or laying the floor tiles to your bathroom. or been shopping with the wife who tells you that you have to go all the way back to the market 'cos they sell the best carrots, Or just when you are hot, tired and sticky,only an ice cold, long glass,,with frost on it, and running down the sides, full of the Amber nectar will do.Offer a nip of whisky, or a glass of wine to someone like that will probably be refused with under the breath mutterings,questioning your sanity and asking what planet you actually live on.

Now,night time,watching a good movie, or listening to some good classic music, or reading a news paper/book, or other forms of relaxing, i would agree,but on this point i still think that your opinion of beer still requires your visit to your local mental institution for a short stay or the Police for a day or two of attitude adjustment.

Try reall tall glass of iced tea..more refreshing and will hydrate you, not

dehydrate you...You need to chill out...perhaps to much of your beer!

little mary sunshine

mary, mary, mary, is this how you get when you are losing an argument? listen my little computer warrior.I have watche some of your posts over the time, and i have noticed that this is typical mary behaviour.When you are on the losing side, your attitude changes from one of limited humour to one of seriousness and a little insulting.I do know that you have absolutely no sense of humour.As for the Iced tea. I come from a Jewish family, and iced,lemon tea was always on offer.it was the Jewish remedy for headaches, just like Chicken soup was the Jewish penicillin.As for the rest of your post, ask any usual guy whose been flogging his guts out working in 85/95 degree heat,what he would prefer, tea or a cold one.I am sure that the dehydration thinking would even come into the equation.So on that point i think you can stick your tea where the sun don't shine (that's an unfortunate user name you chose)and if your going to retaliate to this post, using some more flaccid rationale,pleas try and put a bit of humour into it.After all, this is a family forum, and we are meant to have fun here as well.You remember fun dont you? All you have to do is put your lips together and........oh no thats , from,  Cassablanca, isnt it?

37 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

little mary sunshine

mary, mary, mary, is this how you get when you are losing an argument? listen my little computer warrior.I have watche some of your posts over the time, and i have noticed that this is typical mary behaviour.When you are on the losing side, your attitude changes from one of limited humour to one of seriousness and a little insulting.I do know that you have absolutely no sense of humour.As for the Iced tea. I come from a Jewish family, and iced,lemon tea was always on offer.it was the Jewish remedy for headaches, just like Chicken soup was the Jewish penicillin.As for the rest of your post, ask any usual guy whose been flogging his guts out working in 85/95 degree heat,what he would prefer, tea or a cold one.I am sure that the dehydration thinking would even come into the equation.So on that point i think you can stick your tea where the sun don't shine (that's an unfortunate user name you chose)and if your going to retaliate to this post, using some more flaccid rationale,pleas try and put a bit of humour into it.After all, this is a family forum, and we are meant to have fun here as well.You remember fun dont you? All you have to do is put your lips together and........oh no thats , from,  Cassablanca, isnt it?

Most normal guys would certainly prefer iced tea or lemonade in the Sun

and 37-39 degree heat. Perhaps a glass of beer or 

wine and good conversation 

with dinner.

1 minute ago, little mary sunshine said:

Most normal guys would certainly prefer iced tea or lemonade in the Sun

and 37-39 degree heat. Perhaps a glass of beer or 

wine and good conversation 

with dinner.

Not me.........I gave up lemonade about 60 years back...:stoner:

little mary sunshine.

i was wondering how long it would take you to get back to me. You are 10 minutes late.Am i to assume that, by your post, you think i am some sort of uneducated, no class, oik,with no idea of a decent Red, or knowledge of classic music.Or that history is something you read on an ingredients list.I am well aware of the 9 parts of speech and Past,present and future tenses.Brandies? Love a nice Remmy(no ice) warmed over an open fire after a good meal.I even have a Tommy Nutter suit.But nots let get into the class ratings shall we?.We started all this over a glass of cold beer over a glass of iced tea.You see, as i said, this is typical mary behaviour,you have now swerved the topic and are now introducing my possible lack of class into the equation.When you say 'dinner' i dont know where you are from,but in England,the best place to eat,in London,frequented by Oscar Wilde,Bengiman Disraeli,Queen Victoria's husband Albert,who had a special room to receive his female guests, Is called Rhuels Restaurant, and its in Compton street by Trafalgar Square The cheapest meal there was the Stake and Kidney Pie and that was 40 quid, 25 years ago the cheapest bottle of port(passed from the..You Tell me) was 150.00 pounds. 25 years ago Well my previous wife and i used to eat there once/twice a week, on a regular basis.You Can Google this restaurant if you like.Can we discus Vaughn Williams' The Lark Ascending? and where he was when he wrote it? Are you aware of the difference between Classic and Classical Music?

Well that's enough of this. its getting Boring, and even if you did give me the answers to my questions, it wil probably because you have google as a friend.

Ps,Di i mention that i had a Rolls Royce , Silver Shadow MK 2.

Now i know that anyone can say "this only proves that you had money,it doesnt prove that you had Class". Well that's quite right,but the good thing is, that i know the truth.

On 2/24/2017 at 5:20 PM, giddyup said:

Yet the Thais manage to jack up the price of an Australian bottle of red nearly 3 times the price in Australia..

Shame on those Thais, as the Swiss only jack up the price only 6 TIMES on Thai beer.

5.99 Swiss franc is 207 Baht for a 33cc bottle

little mary sunshine

Sorry mary,correction, The spelling of the restaurant, i metioned is spelt 'Rules' Its the oldest restaurant in London,and the one that we used to eat in was in 'Maiden Lane, Covent Garden' the other one was in Compton street,But i just called my ex and she corrected me.

Soz, for the confusion.

57 minutes ago, Allstars said:

Shame on those Thais, as the Swiss only jack up the price only 6 TIMES on Thai beer.

5.99 Swiss franc is 207 Baht for a 33cc bottle

Er, that is 5.99 swiss francs for 6 x 0.33l bottles.

Look at the photo.

8 minutes ago, Allstars said:

Sorry my mistake, but you have to admit the writing is very small, and yes that then shows what rip off Thailand is  when it concerns imported goods.

No worries mate, anyway, if you and anyone else reading TVF would like to join me in a (virtual) pint or two, and tell us about their day, I'm just cracking open my second Leo after a long trek today.

Up at 4am, 2.5 hour drive to Chanthaburi for a wedding 8am start. On the way back we stopped at a rattan furniture shop. Missus ended up spending a fortune on a six seat & table set.

I've REALLY earned my beer tonight.

Cheers chaps!

No worries mate, anyway, if you and anyone else reading TVF would like to join me in a (virtual) pint or two, and tell us about their day, I'm just cracking open my second Leo after a long trek today.

Up at 4am, 2.5 hour drive to Chanthaburi for a wedding 8am start. On the way back we stopped at a rattan furniture shop. Missus ended up spending a fortune on a six seat & table set.

I've REALLY earned my beer tonight.

Cheers chaps!

And easy to wipe up if you spill any on ya Fablon!!
Cheers+++

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

little mary sunshine.

i was wondering how long it would take you to get back to me. You are 10 minutes late.Am i to assume that, by your post, you think i am some sort of uneducated, no class, oik,with no idea of a decent Red, or knowledge of classic music.Or that history is something you read on an ingredients list.I am well aware of the 9 parts of speech and Past,present and future tenses.Brandies? Love a nice Remmy(no ice) warmed over an open fire after a good meal.I even have a Tommy Nutter suit.But nots let get into the class ratings shall we?.We started all this over a glass of cold beer over a glass of iced tea.You see, as i said, this is typical mary behaviour,you have now swerved the topic and are now introducing my possible lack of class into the equation.When you say 'dinner' i dont know where you are from,but in England,the best place to eat,in London,frequented by Oscar Wilde,Bengiman Disraeli,Queen Victoria's husband Albert,who had a special room to receive his female guests, Is called Rhuels Restaurant, and its in Compton street by Trafalgar Square The cheapest meal there was the Stake and Kidney Pie and that was 40 quid, 25 years ago the cheapest bottle of port(passed from the..You Tell me) was 150.00 pounds. 25 years ago Well my previous wife and i used to eat there once/twice a week, on a regular basis.You Can Google this restaurant if you like.Can we discus Vaughn Williams' The Lark Ascending? and where he was when he wrote it? Are you aware of the difference between Classic and Classical Music?

Well that's enough of this. its getting Boring, and even if you did give me the answers to my questions, it wil probably because you have google as a friend.

Ps,Di i mention that i had a Rolls Royce , Silver Shadow MK 2.

Now i know that anyone can say "this only proves that you had money,it doesnt prove that you had Class". Well that's quite right,but the good thing is, that i know the truth.

I have had dinner  there several times during my stay in London,

On special occasions ..If it is the same restaurant  that I remembered, on Compton, please check your spelling....

I am not one to waste lots of money on cars, I had a 1948 Chrysler

Imperial, of course, off the frame restoration, that I had The a pleasure to own for two decades, sold Her when I retired to Thailand. After twenty years...I sold

Her for what I had invested the car... quite  happy.!

I loved my antique car and enjoyed the friendship of other members of the

car club. 

Driving a RR is one of the true pleasures of motoring......telling

strangers, you owned one is an attempt to make something out

of nothing....Quote. W.S.  ". Me thinks thou protests to much".

17 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

I have had dinner  there several times during my stay in London,

On special occasions ..If it is the same restaurant  that I remembered, on Compton, please check your spelling....

I am not one to waste lots of money on cars, I had a 1948 Chrysler

Imperial, of course, off the frame restoration, that I had The a pleasure to own for two decades, sold Her when I retired to Thailand. After twenty years...I sold

Her for what I had invested the car... quite  happy.!

I loved my antique car and enjoyed the friendship of other members of the

car club. 

Driving a RR is one of the true pleasures of motoring......telling

strangers, you owned one is an attempt to make something out

of nothing....Quote. W.S.  ". Me thinks thou protests to much".

If you are going to quote Shakespear please get it right, or specify it as an intentional misquote.

littlemarysunshine

I sent you a correction about Rules. And as for the RR, i dont care what you think about protesting,and i think your quote about protesting is incorrect. I think it is."me thinks he doth protest too much"

The RR has certain details that only an owner would know. IE, Turning circle, length, width, engine size, why only 6 of the 8 spark plugs can be changed in the normal manner, the exact size of the v8 engine, the actual name of the 'silver lady' why the initials changed from red to black, and when, what is peculiar about the seating in the car, Where did Rolls and Royce meet, and where.What is the procedure, when selling an RR through the RR owners club?.What is the best kept secret of the sale of a RR.Mine was a light blue,but there is a RR name for that particular blue,what is it.Where can the signature of the craftsman that worked on the interior of the car be found?What company made the dash board clocks? There are others,but why do i waste my time? with posts that are getting boring now.