Question for ubonjoe---Medical EXTENSION

For ubonjoe

I Have a broken arm due to a fall.

I am currently on a  SETV which expires on  28 Feb 2017.

I expect to have an operation to repair the bone in my broken left  arm next week..

The surgeon says he can write a letter for an  extension for a Medical emergency.

I will need at least two months recuperation and several visits to the hospital as an outpatient to check the healing of my arm..

I know that I can get a 30 day extension  on my current SETV anyhow.

But should I try for a 60 day medical rehabilitation extension with a letter from my surgeon.

Is such a Medical  extension possible for Medical reasons with a doctors letter from the surgeon in the hospital.

Thanks JOE.

I will be talking to the surgeon and doctor  on Monday.

He speaks excellent English.

He did his residency/training in the U.S. and England

Now working in the Rama 9 government  hospital in Bangkok.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
Added a coment

The OP states he has to visit Outpatient services for "checks" several times over two months for his repaired arm.

No way he can be unfit/unable to travel to renew a visa/visa exempt entry (I worked in healthcare - rehab and administration for 45 years).

No wonder patients who cannot walk etc can't get medical extensions at some Immi offices.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

The OP states he has to visit Outpatient services for "checks" several times over two months for his repaired arm.

No way he can be unfit/unable to travel to renew a visa/visa exempt entry (I worked in healthcare - rehab and administration for 45 years).

No wonder patients who cannot walk etc can't get medical extensions at some Immi offices.

While this might not be an extreme case, I'd sure like to avoid "travel" immediately after having my arm surgically-reconstructed.   While they may not give him an extension for the entire length of recuperation, some down-time after surgery, to avoid bouncing around on buses, planes, and jostled about in airports, would be the nice thing to do.  I've found the use of both arms, often simultaneously, extremely important in the course of travel.