Walk on the beach is healthy and you should try

I love the beach. It's getting there or should I say getting the missus to go there that's the problem. Then it's only Pattaya beach. Dirt meets water. Chemicals, building site sand thrown onto red dirt beach. The sea is dirty and full of tiny stinging jellyfish. The water is dangerous in my opinion. Not very good for swimming in or playing in with your small children. The sun is so hot and without a constant application of suncream it can burn your skins in less than 30 minutes of exposure.
Walking at night on the beach. Dangerous and asking for trouble in a Pattaya.

I want to go right now to the beach. But not any beach. A beautiful, private beach with a lovely, cozy hotel room, double bed, air conditioning and power shower.

We all want that. A young 20 year old Thai babe would also be nice.

Whenever I stay in my home in Jomtien I walk the beaches 2-3 times per week . I also bring a garbage bag to pick up trash . It's good exercise and the locals will look at you and say; Look crazy farang . I will smile and say : Look at me pick up the trash after you. 

Since Pattaya is such a boring place, I also recommend walks on the beach or beach roads, preferrably after 2 AM. Before they rob you, you will get a chance to engage in a lively conversation with the local Lady-Boys. Enjoy !

10 hours ago, swissie said:

Since Pattaya is such a boring place, I also recommend walks on the beach or beach roads, preferrably after 2 AM. Before they rob you, you will get a chance to engage in a lively conversation with the local Lady-Boys. Enjoy !

Walking anywhere at 2am is risky. Now I wonder why it's lady boys who rob or beat up foreigners? Hmm, maybe people should keep their homophobic feelings to themselves.

Living v close to a relatively unused/quiet beach, I still wouldn't dream of walking there after it gets dark as there are too many possible (albeit v unlikely) dangers.

Snakes/centipedes (in the 20 odd metres of grass, followed by steps that are surrounded by grass and 'shrubs') - and then of course the even less likely possibility of being attacked by someone on yaba or whatever whilst walking along the quiet/relatively unused beach.

It wasn't helped when around 3/4 years ago I was told that an area near the back of my house was a favourite spot for yaba users.....  Although this info. came from another Westerner that lived nearby, so could be wrong as I'd never heard any noises to indicate that this was true.

Yes, I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to walking anywhere further than my patio at night!

15 hours ago, balo said:

Whenever I stay in my home in Jomtien I walk the beaches 2-3 times per week . I also bring a garbage bag to pick up trash . It's good exercise and the locals will look at you and say; Look crazy farang . I will smile and say : Look at me pick up the trash after you. 

When I first moved to this house, I used to do the same thing.

It quickly became apparent it was a pointless exercise as too much trash and broken glass was brought in by the tide every day.  I could have dealt with the relatively small amount left by visiting Thai locals, but not the amount brought in by the tides :sad:.

6 years ago the beach was very dirty, but now the beach is clean. No perfect, but Pattaya has improved because many tourist started to complain. It was really dirty with condoms everywhere too .... . Some of you are new here in this area, but years ago there was no safe place to swim and people were hit by jet ski. Pattaya has really improved the situation on the beach generally so I tell them good job and I hope they continue to make these beaches a welcome place for all.