They call this a "hamburger."

KhonKaenKowboy

Having previously been appalled by how much tomato sauce was put on my burger, I decided to try no "ketchup."   Here is what I got.  Don't know what the best caption for the photo should be.  Perhaps:  "Did you know there is an excise tax on pickles and mustard?"  or "Crybaby corporate cronies can't cope with cost of condiments" or "Today's lunch at School #38."

DSC_0000506.jpg

14 minutes ago, MadMac said:

That piece of cucumber is cute :)

After looking at the photo, it got me thinking...Is that a re-con cucumber?  Only a billion Kg of cucumber grown every year in LOS, and a supertanker full of vinegar.....yet, pickles are more scarce than dog meat, and mustard much more scarce than skin-whitening cream.

23 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

After looking at the photo, it got me thinking...Is that a re-con cucumber?  Only a billion Kg of cucumber grown every year in LOS, and a supertanker full of vinegar.....yet, pickles are more scarce than dog meat, and mustard much more scarce than skin-whitening cream.

Why would they have Cucumbers in Supertankers if they have no Harriers on Supercarriers? Just thinking... :)

2 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Mustard? Makro - Rim Ping - Tops.....

Dukes sells pickles that they make themselves....

2 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Mustard? Makro - Rim Ping - Tops.....

Dukes sells pickles that they make themselves....

You may have lucked out and missed the great "French's Deli-style Brown Mustard Blight." For almost two months, all of the supermarkets were out of this spicy condiment. Trust me, I visited each and every. All sold out! I was most fortunate to discover a bottle in the Green Market near the Shell Station on Heaw Kaew. Thank goodness the drought ended and the shelves are now restocked, panic narrowly avoided.

One may find it rather hard to seek forgiveness from anything that's dead......no matter how long one waits.

But that aside, you wouldn't be  a vego by any chance?  Yes that was a poor attempt at sarcasm.

You picture was pitiful as is the 'burger'.  Macshite  was once ok but now it's the lowest of the low. BK is marginally better but any home grown/grilled meat pattie will always be better.

Both visually and in taste.

7 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

You may have lucked out and missed the great "French's Deli-style Brown Mustard Blight." For almost two months, all of the supermarkets were out of this spicy condiment. Trust me, I visited each and every. All sold out! I was most fortunate to discover a bottle in the Green Market near the Shell Station on Heaw Kaew. Thank goodness the drought ended and the shelves are now restocked, panic narrowly avoided.

Yeah, that "Green Store" is like a little Rim Ping isn't it?  The gal who runs it used to work as a buyer for Rim Ping and really makes it a point to get to know the tastes of her regular customers.  

On 2/28/2017 at 5:50 PM, FolkGuitar said:

Mustard has never been an issue for me, it's the Miracle Whip that is a problem finding....

26 minutes ago, cmtg1 said:

OMG why I aren't surprised that you use miracle whip in place of real mayonnaise 

*sigh* Yet another assumption on your part. Why do you do that?

I don't 'use' Miracle Whip. I help people locate things they may want.

That French's brown is excellent...way better than Gulden's.  I brought back a few squeeze containers from WMT...had a sticker coupon..was about 35 THB each.....I am guessing 119 here..but almost afraid to ask.  The fish smells so bad in TOPS, it is hard to even buy beer, let alone shop for condiments.

On 28/02/2017 at 0:29 PM, pgrahmm said:

You deserve a break today....

The ketchup would have been the only thing going for it....

This - is a hamburger....

IMG_20160325_202409.jpg

The downside of those delicious real burgers is that I wouldn`t fancy french snogging any girl that had just eaten one.

6 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

*sigh* Yet another assumption on your part. Why do you do that?

I don't 'use' Miracle Whip. I help people locate things they may want.

A noble use of your time. Locating miracle whip and sharing that on a public forum

Archived