They call this a "hamburger."

KhonKaenKowboy

555 - Nice one !

I remember a few years ago in the UK a guy with a hidden camera went into BK and MD, he ordered a burger and opened it at the counter. It looked nothing like the advert, he would not accept it till they made it the same. The look on the staff's faces was priceless!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

21 hours ago, cmtg1 said:

OMG why I aren't surprised that you use miracle whip in place of real mayonnaise 

Real mayo is okay for pasta salads and potato salad as it's bland, but for a sandwich Miracle Whip is the only way to go!

23 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Real mayo is okay for pasta salads and potato salad as it's bland, but for a sandwich Miracle Whip is the only way to go!

I prefer to make my own from scratch, which is anything but bland, and takes just a couple of minutes to make.

But in the name of sloth, I'll defer to 'Kewpi' brand Japanese mayo in the squeeze bottle, with its 273 known carcinogenic ingredients. Now THAT has flavor!  :licklips:

2 hours ago, Sandy Freckle said:

I love Kewpi brand also..., especially their roasted sesame salad dressing.., it's full flavoured and therefor very, very good.
What ! 273 known carcinogenic ingredients ?..., a guilty pleasure to be sure. 

I confess that this may be an exaggeration. There might only be 271 known carcinogenic ingredients. But after living in Japan and eating the stuff for 15 years, I began to glow in the dark. Certainly not enough reason to turn me away from the stuff.  :smile:

If freshly made, the McDonald's "Quarter-pounder with Cheese" is a decent 'sandwich.' I would hesitate to call it a decent 'hamburger.'  The problem is, you have to request that it be freshly made, which negates the advantages of a 'Fast Food' restaurant.

That said, the Burger King "Whopper with Bacon and Cheese" is a very good 'hamburger.' 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it's the same as ... some decades ago when I was living in MacAmerica, but if you ask for something slightly different on your burger order (we used to ask for extra pickles and onions), they are required to make a fresh one from scratch. 

And at least back in the day they did in fact put extra whatnot on your special order with no extra charge or head-scratching. 

On 28/02/2017 at 3:35 PM, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Having previously been appalled by how much tomato sauce was put on my burger, I decided to try no "ketchup."   Here is what I got.  Don't know what the best caption for the photo should be.  Perhaps:  "Did you know there is an excise tax on pickles and mustard?"  or "Crybaby corporate cronies can't cope with cost of condiments" or "Today's lunch at School #38."

DSC_0000506.jpg

hmmmm ...    looks disgusting   :sick:

Can anyone recommend a good bottle of ketchup to go with burgers?

I've tried Roza (too red) and Heinz (2 baht more expensive than Roza) but nothing seems to meet my aesthetic, taste, price and colour requirements. 

LoadedI've tried Roza (too red) and Heinz (2 baht more expensive than Roza) but nothing seems to meet my aesthetic, taste, price and colour requirements. 

TWO BAHT!! Good God! This profiteering is outrageous!

FolkGuitar: I'll defer to 'Kewpi' brand Japanese mayo in the squeeze bottle, with its 273  (or 271) known carcinogenic ingredients.

Kewpie mayo:

2 T Rice vinegar
1 T Malt vinegar
1 t salt
1/2 t MSG powder
1/2 t Japanese mustard powder
1/8 t Hon-dashi ( fish broth bouillon)
1/8 t Garlic powder
2 large egg yolks
1 cup veggie oil (or soy oil)
Then emulsify with a blender.

Note of curiousity off topic -- why would anyone move from Japan to Chiang Mai? Are you being punished? 

On 02/03/2017 at 9:27 AM, roo860 said:

I remember a few years ago in the UK a guy with a hidden camera went into BK and MD, he ordered a burger and opened it at the counter. It looked nothing like the advert, he would not accept it till they made it the same. The look on the staff's faces was priceless!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

....and after they'd all taken turns to spit in it?....

Archived