Sturgeon says UK PM May nudging Scotland towards second referendum

webfact

15 hours ago, Flustered said:

They did, they had in Alex Salmonds words "A once in a lifetime" opportunity to become independent.

They chose overwhelmingly to stay in the UK.

'Overwhelming' is a bit of a stretch. More Scots, by percentage and by majority, wanted to remain in the EU than they did the UK. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Interesting, so those people who live there and were allowed to vote but don't meet the born in Scotland criteria, what are the plans for them if Scotland ever does gain independance?

(No idea why your post isn't showing up in the quotes box)

Plans? You make it sound like Farage or Trump would be in charge. Thankfully the vision for an independent Scotland is not based upon naked racism or some outdated notion of cultural superiority. 

My vision of an independent Scotland would be a welcoming, open and respectful place, where those who want to contribute to the positive development of the country would be welcome. 

On 2/28/2017 at 7:39 PM, lungbing said:

The hatred is all one way, and it's anti-English hatred from the Scots.  We are just exasperated with the Scots, we don't hate them.  The Scots have already exercised their right to choose their destiny, and they chose to stay with the UK.    What do you want, best out of three or five or seven?

If that argument held water, the divorce courts could be closed down.

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Plans? You make it sound like Farage or Trump would be in charge. Thankfully the vision for an independent Scotland is not based upon naked racism or some outdated notion of cultural superiority. 

My vision of an independent Scotland would be a welcoming, open and respectful place, where those who want to contribute to the positive development of the country would be welcome. 

So your vision is of a welcoming, open place but you still found it necessary to split the voters into two camps - Scots and the others who just live there.

1 minute ago, nahkit said:

So your vision is of a welcoming, open place but you still found it necessary to split the voters into two camps - Scots and the others who just live there.

I did not feel it necessary at all. Either you are deliberately misconstruing the thread in order to paint me as something I am not, or you do not understand the implied comment from Chicog.

He wrote that 'the majority of Scots voted to stay in the union.' The implication of that statement is clear - I merely pointed out that this statement was factually incorrect. You can twist it all you want, it doesn't make you right, it simply makes you a troll. 

16 hours ago, Flustered said:

They did, they had in Alex Salmonds words "A once in a lifetime" opportunity to become independent.

Easy to see how opinion can be stated as fact, "once in a lifetime" can only ever be literal.

Obviously there was no possibility that a percentage of the vote was a rejection of Alex Salmonds white paper as opposed to a desire to remain in the UK.

Again it would be understandable for people to think that any new white paper would be viewed in exactly the same way.

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I did not feel it necessary at all. Either you are deliberately misconstruing the thread in order to paint me as something I am not, or you do not understand the implied comment from Chicog.

He wrote that 'the majority of Scots voted to stay in the union.' The implication of that statement is clear - I merely pointed out that this statement was factually incorrect. You can twist it all you want, it doesn't make you right, it simply makes you a troll. 

Ah yes, when all else fails and you can't wriggle out, play the troll card.

Truly pathetic.

I haven't twisted a single thing - you're the one who made the distinction between the voters.

Edited by nahkit

1 minute ago, nahkit said:

Truly pathetic.

Well, I have reached the limit of my ability to help you understand - if understanding is your failing, then I will withdraw the troll comment, but you are so very barking up the wrong tree.

The frustrating thing for me is that this thread is full of Brexiters ironically claiming that Scottish independence is based upon racism (not claiming that you are a brexiter as I know nothing about you) when they repeatedly fail to provide one shred of evidence to back up this smear, and continuously overlook the masses of evidence that disproves it.

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Well, I have reached the limit of my ability to help you understand - if understanding is your failing, then I will withdraw the troll comment, but you are so very barking up the wrong tree.

The frustrating thing for me is that this thread is full of Brexiters ironically claiming that Scottish independence is based upon racism (not claiming that you are a brexiter as I know nothing about you) when they repeatedly fail to provide one shred of evidence to back up this smear, and continuously overlook the masses of evidence that disproves it.

So lets declare a truce and move on.

30 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Truly pathetic.

I haven't twisted a single thing - you're the one who made the distinction between the voters.

I think your getting to close to the truth.

image.jpeg

18 hours ago, Flustered said:

They voted clearly to remain part of the UK but not overwhelmingly.

Since then, conditions have changed significantly. If the Scots want another referendum, why not?

Nice to see that these guys understand the intent of Scottish independence.

http://www.englishscotsforyes.org/

"Lest we need to spell it out again, ad nauseum, independence is about Scotland’s self-determination.
Our opposition to Westminster is because we feel that Scotland should get the government we elect.

To suggest that support{ing) this is in some way racism is not only patent nonsense, it’s offensive to boot.

The Scottish independence movement is one of civic, not ethnic nationalism."

Intro-Slide.jpg