The Thai Education System is Failing its Students

webfact

2 hours ago, Mook23 said:

U obviously missed the #If u can handle them# part. I have no kids, no aids, no prison, never 1 conviction not even a parking ticket. But then i have a brain and higher than average intelligenge. Sex is great. Drugs can be great too. And 40% or so of adults in my country uses valium or antidepressants....

The rising crime in theft and robbery to feed the drug urge points to the dream of 'if'...coupled with rising teen pregnancies...

Clearly the bad parenting and 'No-Fail' policy in education are also based on 'if' and reality shows not 'if' but 'when'.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corruption is endemic; it affects delivery of education services just as much as any other arm of the public service industry.  The other problem is that reluctance to take responsibility (personal survival in the machine is all) and a reluctance to "rock the boat". 

Telling the truth is a dangerous thing. Few want to confront it, anyway.

What seems to be missing first and foremost is a true Thai statesman in the Thai national/political landscape who is prepared to target real issues while defending him/herself against predatory strategies launched by the entrenched privileged elite who would be desperate to keep things as they are.

Just an observation, and to add to the corruption issue, have you notice the amount of construction going on at campuses national wide?  Where does the money come from to built?  The GOVT of course. Sadly, within the construction realm, corruption is a common way to doing business.  In fact, many construction companies set up the  X fund for the "ahem" educational leaders.  Only look to universities to see the buildings going up, quality of education going down because many of the contribution teachers have been sacked for bringing up the "abnormalities in spending" with construction issues... It is not as bad as the service protection industries, constructions of bathrooms for  XXXXXXX baht.

University council system ... shame...

Just an observation, and to add to the corruption issue, have you notice the amount of construction going on at campuses national wide?  Where does the money come from to built?  The GOVT of course. Sadly, within the construction realm, corruption is a common way to doing business.  In fact, many construction companies set up the  X fund for the "ahem" educational leaders.  Only look to universities to see the buildings going up, quality of education going down because many of the contribution teachers have been sacked for bringing up the "abnormalities in spending" with construction issues... It is not as bad as the service protection industries, constructions of bathrooms for  XXXXXXX baht.

University council system ... shame...

So true. I work in a Uni where they recently advertised a new (western) post. With student fees going up as much as new blocks of classrooms (I'm talking hundreds btw) they offered a westerner the same starting rate as of 5 years ago. Their excuse ' this is a poor area'. <deleted>!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/5/2017 at 2:32 PM, DILLIGAD said:

Who programs the robots, Aliens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the way artificial intelligence is developing, robots could well end up smarter than homo sapiens (potentially destined for the same fate as the Neanderthals) and be perfectly capable of programming themselves.