Koh Phangan rogue cop returned to island "on holiday" after being given "inactive post" for extorting tourists

webfact

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, scorecard said:

And the media, even after their own 'reforms' never follow up. 

Nor does the junta it would appear. They have complete, unopposed, god-like powers. Why aren't they reforming the police?

Involves work and effort? Doesn't involve revenge against the Shin crowd?

He's damn lucky his girlfriend/wife didn't tradgically die in a jet ski accident, while out riding with him,, or he'd be facing 5 years in PRISON and be in court for it before her body even made it home... I'd use the term, sickening,, but that just doesn't come even close....

Double standards. The @#$_head probably got a medal for his bravery.

Thai authorities from what i see WILL NOT enforce laws. They only round up change and punish those that try to step out side of the corrupt cesspool to make things better for all.

Thia poor guy was doing his job by the sounds of it. Problem is he got caught so hes Had to sit a few scams out.

The case has forced the chief to admit there are some bad apples in his barrel but he claimed that "almost 100% of his force were upstanding honest cops". 555555, bad luck if you meet the other %...!?!?!?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The chief was presented with a floral bouquet by hoteliers and tourist operators on the island in conjunction with the two victims - husband and wife Anton,36, and Ekaterina Lobanov, 35, who thanked the chief for his swift and decisive action so far.

I think that horse bolted.  If there had been swift and decisive action, the guy would have been in jail instead of back extorting tourists.

Hopefully, he'll be forced to do the right thing this time by the social media attention.  Of course, he may just prosecute the evil-doers who put their dirty laundry up on social media...

"The case has forced the chief to admit there are some bad apples in his barrel but he claimed that "almost 100% of his force were upstanding honest cops"."

Those so called upstanding honest cops are anything but simply because they know who the corrupt ones are but do nothing about them. Upstanding and honest is not about turning a blind eye to corrupt partners. Absolute and total reform is the only way to change the RTP.

What the heck?? Can I believe this absurdity?

This criminal given a pat on the back asks for holiday time (!!) instead of being hauled off to jail in chains as an example of what the upholders of law and order cannot do!

The chief of police has the bl**dy nerve to state his rotten cops are fine upstanding honest men.

You (pay to ?) become a cop in Thailand to soak the locals and foreigners and enrich yourself. 

Every single day we see examples of what a totally lawless country this is. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Russians had bravely gone to cops after they were picked up off Hat Rin beach and bundled into a Chevrolet pick-up after they were approached over a fake drugs deal. They were then driven away and robbed by the gang.

That says it all! ! ! You need to be brave, or very brave in Thailand to report to cops you've been robbed by their colleagues...

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The case has forced the chief to admit there are some bad apples in his barrel but he claimed that "almost 100% of his force were upstanding honest cops"

Was this a scene from the movie Lie Lie Land? On which planet is the "chief" living?

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yet more proof that the admin of BIB has absolutely no genuine or serious interest in cleaning up corruption within their ranks. Look at how they (did not) handle this guy.

Always inactive posts. Almost never prosecuted and sent to jail. Why???

And you'll notice, we almost never hear of what happens to these guys AFTER they're sent to inactive posts. It's not like they stay there forever. Probably in most cases, a brief cooling off period and then back to robbing, stealing, extorting, etc.

give them a break, they still have over 19 years to be free of corruption.

2 hours ago, silver sea said:

Presumably, an 'inactive post' means that he has 'nothing to do all day, and plenty of time to do it in', so no wonder he returned to his criminal ways.

What was that saying by Jack Nicholson in that famous movie oh yes "I'm Back!!!"

2 hours ago, BrainLife said:

Cops do not get prosecuted or jailed for the simple reason they know too much about other bad cops. The only other option is death by cop to silence a caught one, which is also bad for the cop mafia.

I kind of conjur up a scene in my mind where the bad cop sits at a table with a revolver with one bullet in it. He is surrounded by other bad cops pointing their loaded guns at him. I think they drew straws and he lost. 

Will this country ever learn.

I don't understand the point of an inactive post when a bad cop or government official commits a serious crime. It's repeatedly obvious its not the solution.

Only sacking and jail time can ever deter these criminals from operating their seedy and greedy lust for money 

You just could not dream this up could you? Allowed to return to the place of his criminal activities?! To carry on as before and enhance his activities and perhaps deal out "justice" to some tour operators.

Some high ranking policemen need their heads banged together for allowing this! But, then again, what "interests" did they have in the criminal activities on Koh Phangan? :whistling:

Archived