Video: Families to meet after "unprovoked" attack by stranger on man out having a beer

webfact

Video: Families to meet after "unprovoked" attack by stranger on man out having a beer

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thairath

NAKHON SAWAN: -- Two families are set to meet today after a video did the rounds of Facebook showing what was called an unprovoked attack on an innocent man out having a beer.

The video was posted on the page of Witida Channgam. It shows two friends talking casually at a Khao Tom restaurant just before 4am in Nakorn Sawan on Sunday morning, Thairath reported.

After some time a man from an adjoining table walks over and swipes the seated victim round the forehead with a beer bottle without warning. The attacker then strolls off into the night while those left argue about what has just happened.

Benz, the victim, needed 5 stitches and according to his girlfriend "Por" who was contacted by Thai Rath online he did not know his attacker at all and had done nothing to warrant the attack.

Por said that Benz's mother had been in contact with the family of the assailant and they were all due to meet at Nakorn Sawan police station today to sort it out.

The original Facebook post had called the attacker cowardly and worse than a dog, not human. "Men don't attack from behind like that," said the poster who had appealed to the online community to find the man responsible.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-03

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

Benz, the victim, needed 5 stitches and according to his girlfriend "Por" who was contacted by Thai Rath online he did not know his attacker at all and had done nothing to warrant the attack.

Por said that Benz's mother had been in contact with the family of the assailant and they were all due to meet at Nakorn Sawan police station today to sort it out.

The victim didn't knew the attacker but the families are meeting today?? Something fishy here.

Disgusting vermin. Without the cctv i wonder how eager the family would be tk cooperate.

Custodial sentence should be the only option here.

But i wouldn't be surprised if the cops somehow negotiate a settlement with no prosecutions, where the victjm pays the same fine as the attacker for drinking at 4am & where the food shop gets an exorbitant fjne for being open and serving alcohol so late against good Thai morals.....

If you watch closely the fat guy with the light colored t-shirt at the table with the perp hands over his shoulder bag while discussing something. He even gives a slight glance to the left in the general direction of the victim. then fatty walks nearly out of view. Only to return to protect the perp from  retribution.

The fat guys is the instigator in my view. A deep wai, an apology, and a few THB will sort it all out. Or maybe they can re-encat it in the police station as round 2.

Performed by a true Thai: Either a cheap shot from the blindside. Or a pack attack. Or the last resort, when overwhelmed, weapons drawn and used.

52 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

If you watch closely the fat guy with the light colored t-shirt at the table with the perp hands over his shoulder bag while discussing something. He even gives a slight glance to the left in the general direction of the victim. then fatty walks nearly out of view. Only to return to protect the perp from  retribution.

The fat guys is the instigator in my view. A deep wai, an apology, and a few THB will sort it all out. Or maybe they can re-encat it in the police station as round 2.

Performed by a true Thai: Either a cheap shot from the blindside. Or a pack attack. Or the last resort, when overwhelmed, weapons drawn and used.

One must wonder how the country would could survive if it was under threat and had to rely on typical cowards like this to defend itself. They would run a mile in the face of a real enemy.

You can see the gutless cowardice very clearly as the guy in black shirt walks backwards to the victim measuring his gait and distance to the victim and how far to connect with the weapon. He is leaving enough distance to keep himself out of reach, the second act of ' bravado ' is when the victim is temporarily stunned by the bottle attack. Had the victim not been stunned initially, the assailant would have been off on his toes.

Sure, it was totally premeditated with the full knowledge and assistance by those at the far right table in the  image.

Nothing strange at all about a meeting being called at the police station, cash will change hands as guilt is proven by the cameras, the police will of course, mediate for a fee. They may not know each other but will probably be familiar by sight. Also, somebody in the restaurant will certainly know both assailant and victim.

I once asked my other half about these acts of cowardice, not only in this video, but as in motorbike taxi attacks on foreigners, usually 8 to one and other instances. The deadpan answer was hardly surprising when I was told " You foreigners are a lot bigger, so they get friends to help! "  without batting an eyelid as though it was the natural thing to do, and went back to guzzling noodles.

You will further notice how quick they are to run to the police screaming like the pathetic creatures they are, when they pick on the wrong targets such as was the case with the parking episode and bikers in the pick up truck in Pattaya.

If I was cleverer with computers than my limit of pressing the ON/OFF button, I would collate this video, and dozens like it that we see every week, and send them to Tourist Authorities of the top 20 countries where LOS is the "winner" destination