Entry requirements : possible to withdraw money before passing Immigration at Suvarnabhumi ?

Did at Suvarnabhumi airport, before passing the Immigration Passport Control it have any ATM's to withdraw money with foreign credit card ?

So that I can have requirements to show the 10,000 THB ( I will arrive with the 30 days exemption ) in case they will ask me to show a proof.. at Immigration, as I've read they're not allowing to go to ATM to withdraw cash..

I know they're accepting any currency( to show the proof), but the problem I come from Philippines and I don't want to make many exchanges of money & withdraw here, especially the Thai Bank consider the Philippine Pesos only 0.51 THB = 1.00 PHP. I have only 15.000 PHP, it will not be sufficient because no doubt they check the currence at the TMB Bank which is just at the back of the Immigration Passport Control at SVB.

I remember that at departure area after Immigration it have some ATM's giving some USD $, but it's only for the SCB Bank customers I guess and it was located on departure area..

I definitely remember seeing a money exchange next to the visa on arrival entrance. So I guess there must be an ATM too.

Edit: I found this for you:
Walking-through-the-Suvarnabhumi-Airport

Edited by manarak

Yes there is atms before immigration, you may have to go upstairs to departures though.

if I was you and you were that worried about it I would try and get cash before I travelled though just in case for some reason your card didn't work.

The chances of being asked to show cash are quite slim but I suppose it could happen.

Edited by Doiger

1 hour ago, Danielsiam said:

... the Thai Bank consider the Philippine Pesos only 0.51 THB = 1.00 PHP

Be aware, if you do bring in lots of PHP, good exchanges in Thailand like Vasu and SuperRich give excellent rates. You may just want to bring in 25,000 PHP and change it while here (obviously not at TMB!)

I've never once been asked to show cash. Everyone has plastic these days. 

Mind you I've never been asked to show plastic either.

Where does this concern come from?

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

Be aware, if you do bring in lots of PHP, good exchanges in Thailand like Vasu and SuperRich give excellent rates. You may just want to bring in 25,000 PHP and change it while here (obviously not at TMB!)

Yes, totally true, even the exchange office (not a Thai Bank) at the Airport Link leven at down of the airport had a good exchanges rates with almost any currencies, but never with any thai banks

just it's problematic that the Immigration Officer will certainly check the rates from the TMB at his back 10 meters ahead, and will don't care about others rates, even the official one like on xe.com etc..

Anyway on other forums, they're telling it don't have any ATM available at arrival area in SVB before reach Immigration, but only exchange office,

Well, it remain me to change my pesos in EUROS in Manila Airport, but right, I don't know if the rates is good.. 

Edited by Danielsiam

10 minutes ago, striderman said:

since 1988 never been asked for such information inc last tuesday

I guess one would hope, when they pump in your passport number seeing you have visited Thailand numerous times in the last few years with reasonable gaps, no overstay, no trouble, not looking like a visa runner, the need to ask for proof of funds is negated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danielsiam said:

just it's problematic that the Immigration Officer will certainly check the rates from the TMB at his back 10 meters ahead, and will don't care about others rates, even the official one like on xe.com etc..

Quite true, and would be an issue if you want to bring in the minimum. Personally, I am willing to carry extra cash to avoid these kinds of issues. You are never forced to exchange the foreign currency you are holding at the unreasonable rates. If immigration is looking for 10,000 THB minimum, and you have the real equivalent of 17,500 THB, it does not really matter if you are told it is only worth 13,000 THB. It exceeds their minimum, and that is good enough.

There are ATMs before and there is a cash exchange booth (a Thai bank or maybe 2)--as far as I remember.

The rates are not much different than a bank, unlike Holiday Towns in Europe which may ask 10% more for the cash.

I have never been asked to show money in 13 years and 30 arrivals. Nobody I know has been asked. Maybe you need to look like a druggy or look dirty?

Eddy

8 hours ago, BuckBee said:

many more people getting asked for flight proof and money, not so much if westerner and look respectable. chances maybe low but it is a happening concern .

Chances are low of looking respectable? Now that's what I call a sweeping insult LOL

Den 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spicychili said:

Never bine asked for money but they again i got a visa and that proves i got inof money :)

Sent from my SM-N910C using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I'm not sure that the current round of free visas hasn't temporarily removed whatever advantage actually having a visa in hand rather than reliance on visa-exempt used to confer...     (PS The Honorary Consulate I just got mine from advised me that the free visas were ending as of 28FEB. Now that the month has turned, I'm waiting to hear if the free visas are still being handed out thru AUG or not.)

I've never been asked for the money, or anything else for that matter, at Imm. on the way in either.  But even though I've always played by the rules and don't think there's much about my "profile" that would excite much attention, I simply don't take it for granted that can't change and try to be prepared for the unexpected.

I don't think anyone really needs to worry about exchanging money  prior to Imm.  The equivalent of THB10K in a foreign currency or even currencies is acceptable as far as I've ever heard.  Not having cash in any currency (or travelers checks), IF you're actually asked for it, can I guess be another story though, so what you really might want is an ATM...

Assuming there are ATMs on the secure side, it's hard to believe that if you're at the immigration desk, and are asked for the money and don't have it, that you can't simply say thank-you, fall out of line, go back and get the needed cash out of an ATM, and then get back in line again.  I've read a very few accounts here on TV of individuals saying they were simply "denied" with no chance to do or say or show anything, but my reaction has been that there just HAD to be something else going on...

Edited by hawker9000

Depending on ur contry you get free visa 30 days then you can apply for a visa as first os free depending where your from if you leave the contry and wanna enter again you still on the previs free visa mean if you stai 28 days and leave thailand and come bk you wont get 30 days again that rules have bine changed last year

9 hours ago, Spicychili said:

3 places atlist where you can exchange ur money before immagration atm is after

He explicitly stated he does NOT want to "exchange" money as he only brings Peso which affords an atrocious exchange rate at Suvarnabhumi before passing immigration. He asked for an ATM. An A-T-M

As member DOIGER mentioned, there are SCB-ATM's on the departure level (a bit tricky to get there from arrival level once being airside but it is possible). These ATM's offer withdrawals in US $  plus other currencies but I don't remember which ones, and - get that ! - do NOT charge the usual 200/220 Baht withdrawal fee (the charge was just 3$ last time I used them if I remember that right)

15 hours ago, Chicog said:

I've never once been asked to show cash. Everyone has plastic these days. 

Mind you I've never been asked to show plastic either.

Where does this concern come from?

I only have cash in Thailand, and a Thai savings passbook. My Australian debit cards are for emergency purposes only.

I am wondering how many people are aware the equipment scammers use has become so sophisticated, it can capture data from a

card in a leather wallet as the scammer brushes past. My son gave me a small metal case specifically designed for credit card data protection.