23 Year Old Russian Girl Missing from Koh Tao

snoop1130

"Officers led by Pol Lt Col Napa Senathip, deputy investigation chief at the station, on Saturday inspected the missing woman’s room and asked the hotel to supply a list of guests staying at the hotel around the time she disappeared.

The team examined her mobile phone records and asked local businesses, including diving operators, if they recalled seeing the woman. They also questioned the hotel operator and staff but found nothing suspicious."

more at:

http://mobile.dudasite.com/site/chiangraitimes1?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiangraitimes.com%2Fkoh-tao-police-search-for-missing-23-year-old-russian-woman.html&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.au%2F#2668

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys here we are again & again obviously there is something seriously wrong with the police on Koa To a Island as so many tourists seem to go missing and they are in capable of finding the culprits ! why not pass a rule that all small hostels and hotels must install CCTV cams to be able to identify the culprits easier even random street cams so at least the vehicle can be identified this would be a good start to help with safety and encourage safer tourism on the Island I think its not as if these measures are expensive now ! or quite simply boycott the island until something is done to secure safety for foreigners traveling to the Island which I quite honestly think is a better idea in my opinion ! as these incidents are not discriminate on which country the tourist comes from what do you guys think ?

13 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

Trolls and nonsense post removed...  Please if you have something to say, make sense, instead of speculative dribble ...

I guess thats right but you are should to know self many can feel the truth but cant talk about or wrote about.

13 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

Trolls and nonsense post removed...  Please if you have something to say, make sense, instead of speculative dribble ...

34 minutes ago, Ian Maxwell said:

Well guys here we are again & again obviously there is something seriously wrong with the police on Koa To a Island as so many tourists seem to go missing and they are in capable of finding the culprits ! why not pass a rule that all small hostels and hotels must install CCTV cams to be able to identify the culprits easier even random street cams so at least the vehicle can be identified this would be a good start to help with safety and encourage safer tourism on the Island I think its not as if these measures are expensive now ! or quite simply boycott the island until something is done to secure safety for foreigners traveling to the Island which I quite honestly think is a better idea in my opinion ! as these incidents are not discriminate on which country the tourist comes from what do you guys think ?

there are cameras all over the place, doesn't mean some locals and police want anyone to see what they record, a fine example would be The AC bar where Hannah and David were last seen alive - the investigating replacement police claim the cctv footage from the bar was withheld - standard procedure in any murder investigation starts at the last place the victim/s were alive and tracks forward from there until they reach the crime scene, the early investigators that were removed did show various cctv footage to the media but never got a chance to show anything from inside AC bar - when Mon was arrested I am pretty sure they looked at it but once they were removed from the investigation the AC bar and any cctv footage became a deep black void and was never mentioned again even though it should have been key to the investigation ..... go figure  

On 04/03/2017 at 2:36 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Surely no one goes free diving alone ? They always have some sort of support team ? 

I hope she is found safe and well, but as others have stated, it's not looking good.

I used to a lot, occasionally with one other but never with a support team, you have to bear in mind that one of the main reasons people free dive is that it is free.  And it is only actually swimming under water, perhaps deeper than you might, but giving it a name has made it sound like some sort of professional activity, to most of us it is just a part of snorkelling.

1 minute ago, Shawn0000 said:

I used to a lot, occasionally with one other but never with a support team, you have to bear in mind that one of the main reasons people free dive is that it is free.  And it is only actually swimming under water, perhaps deeper than you might, but giving it a name has made it sound like some sort of professional activity, to most of us it is just a part of snorkelling.

Okay, I must be getting confused then, I thought that free diving was going as deep as possible, only on the air stored in the Lungs and Muscles, usually with a very long long long rope, the "Free Diver" would then descend as far as they could before returning to the surface with the rope as a guide and usually accompanied by Scuba Divers.

This is from wikipedia, the current world champ. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Nitsch

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Okay, I must be getting confused then, I thought that free diving was going as deep as possible, only on the air stored in the Lungs and Muscles, usually with a very long long long rope, the "Free Diver" would then descend as far as they could before returning to the surface with the rope as a guide and usually accompanied by Scuba Divers.

This is from wikipedia, the current world champ. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Nitsch

That is competitive free diving, and just one particular discipline, there are others competitions in horizontal free diving, maximum distance and minimum time events, but diving for pearls without breathing apparatus is also free diving, which just means to dive while holding your breath.  It's somewhat unlikely that this girl was going for the depth record, more likely she was an adventurous snorkeller. 

On 04/03/2017 at 1:52 PM, smedly said:

do a search on the net Koa Tao murders but here is the latest thread

very sorry to hear about this obviously very accomplished young girl, she may have chosen the wrong Island to holiday

Yep !  Death Island, is not the best place for a holiday alone .

On 04/03/2017 at 9:03 PM, DavisH said:

gone two weeks...surely the guesthouse/residence where she was staying noticed she was absent from her room many days.. Police must have known before this time she was missing. 

I wonder who owns the guest house. Does anyone know ?

On 3/3/2017 at 8:40 PM, Canceraid said:

Seriously, despite all the stories online, why do people still go there.....to get hurt and die?

Young people go there to party , and they don't read or care about the news . 

Is it murder , is it drowning , is it drugs this time ?  We will never find out until the girl has been located.  

Edited by balo

• 3 weeks later...

I, like others, am convinced that this is the work of a serial killer. A killer that likes ferang women.I think it got a bit too close after the David and Hannah episode for him to make the same mistake twice. I think that the body of the girl has been put somewhere, until time or sea water removes all traces of DNA evidence. Its the work of somebody who knows he can get away with it, and is not too concerned about police investigation.He is obviously a member of a group, or family that can hide or protect him, and can get the protection by throwing money at his accomplices.I think that the boredom of living on an island, that is becoming too small for him to ply his trade, will see him leaving for bigger spaces.God forbid he does.The suspect, if he attends a university off the island(and i think we know to whom i refer) should have his whereabouts known on a regular basis.The availability of mind bending drugs must not be dismissed here

These are my thoughts, i hope to God i am wrong.

Rip little one,

16 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I, like others, am convinced that this is the work of a serial killer. A killer that likes ferang women.I think it got a bit too close after the David and Hannah episode for him to make the same mistake twice. I think that the body of the girl has been put somewhere, until time or sea water removes all traces of DNA evidence. Its the work of somebody who knows he can get away with it, and is not too concerned about police investigation.He is obviously a member of a group, or family that can hide or protect him, and can get the protection by throwing money at his accomplices.I think that the boredom of living on an island, that is becoming too small for him to ply his trade, will see him leaving for bigger spaces.God forbid he does.The suspect, if he attends a university off the island(and i think we know to whom i refer) should have his whereabouts known on a regular basis.The availability of mind bending drugs must not be dismissed here

These are my thoughts, i hope to God i am wrong.

Rip little one,

Dave, do you have any evidence at all for what you have written above? <removed>

bannork

My assumptions on this series of murders, are not irrational, nor are they the meanderings of a bored mind.More assumptions and ideas about the White Chappel murders were made and were laughed at, but, remember, they never caught him.

As for evidence, all of that was destroyed by the clumsiness or the attempts by the Thai investigating officers to destroy the crime scene. Doesnt that tell you anything? Also didnt you find the removal of the chief investigating officer, with an excuse that he had gone on holiday, make you think just a little? I dont know how much you have read or know about this case, but do not try and make glib comments, to make a person who is only giving his thoughts on here.

Every little helps. But in this case, we will never know the truth and the unsub will never be caught, so your accusations of my state of mind or my ideas are moot.Go find another topic and make some more remarks, that obviously your little band of followers, think are highly comical.Don't comment about adult affairs until you are a few years older.

4 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

bannork

My assumptions on this series of murders, are not irrational, nor are they the meanderings of a bored mind.More assumptions and ideas about the White Chappel murders were made and were laughed at, but, remember, they never caught him.

As for evidence, all of that was destroyed by the clumsiness or the attempts by the Thai investigating officers to destroy the crime scene. Doesnt that tell you anything? Also didnt you find the removal of the chief investigating officer, with an excuse that he had gone on holiday, make you think just a little? I dont know how much you have read or know about this case, but do not try and make glib comments, to make a person who is only giving his thoughts on here.

Every little helps. But in this case, we will never know the truth and the unsub will never be caught, so your accusations of my state of mind or my ideas are moot.Go find another topic and make some more remarks, that obviously your little band of followers, think are highly comical.Don't comment about adult affairs until you are a few years older.

This series of murders???? Evidence please.

22 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Bannork

You only have to read the amount of people that have died on this island, is that not enough evidence for you? 

<removed>

Not a lot of people have died on Koh Tao considering the number of tourists who visit it.

Of those who have died since the murders of Hannah and David, drugs and alcohol clearly played a major part. 

If you want to insinuate the son of the headman was involved in the disappearance of Valentina, <removed> produce some evidence.

Speculating without a shred of evidence is not very professional.

When a case goes cold you got to think outside the box. Ever wondered why the FBI use psychics? Hardly professional and speculative to the extreme without evidence.

What it does is forces them to take a fresh approach and look at it from another angle.

Think about it..

1 minute ago, whoareyou said:

When a case goes cold you got to think outside the box. Ever wondered why the FBI use psychics? Hardly professional and speculative to the extreme without evidence.

What it does is forces them to take a fresh approach and look at it from another angle.

Think about it..

It's been thought about already. Please look back and you will find both Thai and Russian psychics' viewpoints.

Just now, Khon Kaen Dave said:

bannork

i suggest you stop trying to get a rise out of me. It doesnt matter how many people have died, died they have. Why don't you produce some evidence some evidence to the contrary.

:coffee1:

You are the one implying the son of the headman was involved in the disappearance of Valentina. 

You should not say that without anything to back it up.