Rejected entry to Thailand because too many tourist visa

tried to enter at Suvarnabhumi just with EU passport and got denied entry because of too many tourist visa/visa exemption on arrival. When asked for money proof I showed my Thai banks ATM cards but they wanted to see only cash (that I could not access before Immigration barrier)
What sort of crazy place has Thailand become ? now I will go to Phnom Pehn to see if they can give me a visa and will try to re enter just to recover the staff in my Pattaya condo and the millions baht in my stock/market and bank accounts , but I am seriously thinking to relocate. 

Cash in hand is becoming rarer, I have sufficient in banks, I thought I could show bank balance on my phone apps but what your saying that will be a no go.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your post. Things seem to be moving with a pace this week with refusals to enter. Maybe the link I posted nearly 3 weeks ago saying there had been an announcement regarding a crackdown on Tourist visa entries starting in August ( That everybody again rebuffed) has started early? Lets see what unfolds further.

4 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Thanks for your post. Things seem to be moving with a pace this week with refusals to enter. Maybe the link I posted nearly 3 weeks ago saying there had been an announcement regarding a crackdown on Tourist visa entries starting in August ( That everybody again rebuffed) has started early? Lets see what unfolds further.

It appears he was trying to do a visa exempt entry since he states he is going to apply for a tourist visa.

Many reports of people with many visa exempt entries being questioned and asked to show the cash.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

It appears he was trying to do a visa exempt entry since he states he is going to apply for a tourist visa.

Many reports of people with many visa exempt entries being questioned and asked to show the cash.

I agree but there are also reports on those on visas being refused although again, under the guise as you have said, through lack of funds.
People say there are cash machines before immigration at Bangkok but I am pretty certain there isn't. The first cash machines I can recall are in the baggage hall. I personally wouldn't of thought it was good move in this day and age of security, leaving the plane and heading directly upstairs to departures which could draw attention to yourself.

• Like 1

was wearing a collar shirt and smiling, unfortunately the young officer I was led to was grinning all the time.

Dam the best laid plans of mice and men!!

But I guess with new rules on how many stamps in your passport only cold hard cash and not the illusion of, will do.

I was told last time I went through immigration at suvarnabhumi (dec 16) that I had come too many times on visa exemption and I should get a tourist visa next time before I left australia otherwse I wont be accepted. I went 6 times last year

So yesterday I went to the local thai embasy and got a tourist visa. Took 2 hours to get the new visa. No problems

• Like 2

I got a retirement visa 12 years ago as they only gave me a few days when I came in, for the same reasoning - so not a new rule! Certainly they could have dealt with it in a more civilised manner!

No wonder the queues are so long if they are focusing on this issue now!

My first entry in 1998, I showed them 1000 USD in Amex Traveler Cheques....almost wasn't good enough...and I had an "open return" they commented on that, too.  Saw people handing 20000 THB through the fence at Maesai between families to re-use as show money...in 2006.  But, you come here often and are eligible for retirement visa/extensions you are choosing the very hard way to do things...it's not a secret, at all.  If I were ten years younger and not eligible, I would practically scratch Thailand off my list.

• Like 2

Just like I have been trying to state before. It´s going to get harder with tourist visas for people that want´s to stay on a long term basis or like to go out and in as many times as they want per year.

Just maybe some people will start to agree with me soon.

As it has been told in other threads in this forum, there are ATM´s before Immigration counter. So there is no use in an excuse of no access.

Thailand is not crazy. They just implement rules to regulate the use of right visas for entering and exiting the country.

On the other hand it seems very strange to me that you need to get into Thailand, to get access to your alleged millions of Bath in the stock market and your accounts. Thought people investing in that kind of way had access where ever they are. That´s like a rule for the investment to be able to be as profitable as possible in todays playground.

When you are talking about recovering the staff in your Pattaya condo, I sincerely hope that it´s the kind of staff that the wizard uses in Lord of the Rings. Having staff working in your Pattaya condo on a tourist visa, is just another chance of being rejected at the entrance.

However, I might have been missunderstanding all this, but if not everything else is about right.

• Like 2

I'd your opinions.
I plan to spend 3-4 months outside Thailand every year and spent 8-9 months in Thailand on back to back SETVs.
I believe this could look acceptable as a tourist until I got the magic 50.

What do you reckon?

1 minute ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

I'd your opinions.
I plan to spend 3-4 months outside Thailand every year and spent 8-9 months in Thailand on back to back SETVs.
I believe this could look acceptable as a tourist until I got the magic 50.

What do you reckon?

Today yes. Next week, next month, next year who knows what there actual policy will be. Nobody can say. It changes daily :smile:

• Like 1

If you wanna do the long term tourist thing and you have the cash, then just get the TE visa until you reach retirement age. Then at retirement age you can reassess which is the best visa for you.

28 minutes ago, lkv said:

Sorry i keep reading the other threads as well, some people say ATMs can be found at Departures but tricky to get there from the secure zone.

Can someone specifically enlighten me where exactly are this ATMs in either BKK or DMK at arrivals in the secure zone? Because the only ones i have seen and used were after Immigration.

Actually never mind. I am pretty sure there aren't, but even if there are, seeing the general Immigration trend, I would not risk it for these ATMs being out of cash (which they should be at some point if a lot of people take 10-20K each out of them).

No thanks, I will just carry some foreign currency from now on to avoid surprises.

Edited by lkv

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

"...now I will go to Phnom Pehn to see if they can give me a visa and will try to re enter just to recover the staff in my Pattaya condo and the millions baht in my stock/market and bank accounts..."

Amazing how someone who must be so familiar with the country that he has entered so many times without a visa that he is now refused entry decided to invest "millions of baht" in the Thai stockmarket and banks in such a manner that he could not access those millions unless he was  in the country.  Almost unbelievable for such an astute investor.

the investments were made a long time ago , and I can access them moving online money from stock market broker to bank account and then withdrawing by ATM , but that's surely not a comfortable way. What I can say , I definitely did not see coming the backstab from Immigration , after this I will surely take my steps.