Rejected entry to Thailand because too many tourist visa

Just now, hohososo said:

I am pretty confident no immigration officer ever has or ever will read these forums.

I am also pretty sure ubonjoe knows more about immigration laws than any immigration officer.

You are joking regarding they never read these forums, really you are? The forum is totally open reading. You don't even need a log in to just read it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

You are joking regarding they never read these forums, really you are? The forum is totally open reading. You don't even need a log in to just read it. 

Which raises the question why the Immigration wants to know your social media you're using, etc..

Of course, would they never try to check on you to find out that you've just upgraded your fartbook status that you've found a new online teaching job without paying any taxes in Thailand......:post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by ajarngreg
  • Like 1

If you have millions in the bank, there's no excuse for you not getting a Thailand Elite visa. I took the 5-year program and I never got any questions at the border. It's just $15,000, not $1,000,000. For 5 years. Worth it IMO. A tourist visa is for tourists, and you're not a tourist.

If you apply now, you'll be back in within 10 days. And about the "not giving money to people who don't accept you" excuse, it doesn't work - I'm sure you won't stop paying your taxes if your country arrests you for a crime you did. You know what I mean - get your TE visa now, rich boy.

P.S. About the "checking social media" stuff, I solved the problem: I have no Facebook, no Twitter, no Instagram, and no Snapchat. I just use Line (encrypted only) and Signal with people I know.

Edited by SiamBeast
  • Like 2

Actually is it not 10k for a single person and 20k for a family?

From UK Thai Embassy Web page

Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must show the documents below at the port of entry: 

• Proof of adequate finances for the duration of stay in Thailand i.e. traveller’s cheque or cash equivalent to 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family.

Edited by 473geo
add source

2 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Just looked. About £465

Or 4,640,018.06 Laotian Kip............being a Kip millionaire is cool these days. 

Edited by ajarngreg
  • Like 1

Just now, ajarngreg said:

Which raises the question why the Immigration wants to know your social media you're using, etc..

Of course, would they never try to check on you to find out that you've just upgraded your status that you've found a new online teaching job without paying any taxes in Thailand. 

It's a amazing that for weeks a consulate is continually advertised as being 'Easy' suddenly it isn't. Mark my words when I say Yangon is next for the tighten up :smile:

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Thailand don't want most types of tourist, they only really want the rich ones, like the ones who get the Elite Visa.

There is no issue I can see with marriage and retirement extensions either? Even being on a PE Visa I wouldn't travel with no money or even contemplate coming through the airport without the required funds. I am just as likely for a refusal as anybody else without the funds as far as I am aware.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

13 minutes ago, hohososo said:

I am pretty confident no immigration officer ever has or ever will read these forums.

I am also pretty sure ubonjoe knows more about immigration laws than any immigration officer.

That is true but unfortunately he isn't the one sitting behind the welcome to Thailand desk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Thailand don't want most types of tourist, they only really want the rich ones, like the ones who get the Elite Visa.

And they don't appreciate those who've already spent millions of baht, sometimes even in bucks.

Which is very similar to some hookers who leave you after your cash is gone.

Are they all hookers? ( I'm joking, so please take that into your consideration, please.) 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sanemax said:

People have stated that there are no ATMs before immigration .

Also, some ATMs have a withdrawal limit of less then 20 000 Baht

Some foreign ATM cards do not work in certain Thai ATMs and sometimes withdrawals are rejected .

My UK  ATM card only seems to work with Bangkok Bank ATM machines , other ATM machines sometimes allow withdrawals and some dont , even BB ATM sometimes reject my withdrawals .

The only sure way of having the money (Robberies permitting) , would to be too take it out before you leave Thailand , carry it around with you for a few days and then show it on return if asked too

Your ATM-card must then be very bad. If I had a bank like that, I would change as quick as 1-2-3!
I assumed that people travel with working cards! It´s also something that have to check before travel.
Getting tired off crazy explainations.
If you have a working card you can take it out in the country you visit at the last ATM before departure. You can´t be much safer.

So, no! You don´t have to carry the money for a couple of days.
Even if you did that, as another poster already stated, 20000 bath is nothing today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajarngreg said:

It's easy to understand why they're doing this. Too many foreigners and I'm now talking about quite a huge number, have abused the tourist visas to work here illegally, mostly at schools. It's very difficult for an Immigration officer to differentiate between the good and the bad guys.

It's apparently the ideal and obvious solution to this problem because apparently it would just be too difficult to raid said schools, unannounced

2 hours ago, Penefattore said:

So after I suffered injustice by them you suggest I should reward them forking out half a million baht ?

I did not become rich rewarding those who treated me like shit , but rather going where I got treated best.

Excellent reply mate, I hope everything works out for you whatever you do.

1 minute ago, Get Real said:

Your ATM-card must then be very bad. If I had a bank like that, I would change as quick as 1-2-3!
I assumed that people travel with working cards! It´s also something that have to check before travel.
If you have a working card you can take it out in the country you visit at the last ATM before departure. You can´t be much safer.

Even if you did that, as another poster already stated, 20000 bath is nothing today.

Thanks, you're so right. It seems that the OP you've answered was trying to make all look very bad. 

Anything is only as good as the person who's using it. Including ATM cards. 

Of course can't you get a higher limit when you're in a real deep depth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Your not that rich running in and out of Thailand on Tourist visas. It's just not the done thing you see.

That's one of the reasons there are always plenty of rooms available in hotels and guesthouses, not enough tourists to use them.

2 minutes ago, ovenman said:

It's apparently the ideal and obvious solution to this problem because apparently it would just be too difficult to raid said schools, unannounced

Please use your logic, Sir/mam. Doesn't it make more sense to not let these people in beforehand?

Then you don't have the illegal workers at certain institutions, right?

Thailand was a very long time very relaxed and had one eye always closed.

But way too many wake- up calls weren't in their interest.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

We have to start to learn to sort out who is really a tourist. I believe most of the people with Elite Visa, do stay in Thailand over 180 days a year.
That is then not to consider a tourist. A tourist is to be considered as a person that are travelling on vacation. That means not staying in the country over 180 days, and automatically be eligible to pay tax in the country.
I have never heard of tourists visiting a country and they have to pay income tax.

That is just one explaination. There are hundreds of what can be considered as a tourist in Thailand, but it´s definately not the people on an Elite Visa.

1 minute ago, Lovethailandelite said:

They are in departures not arrivals as I have said.I wish people would read instead of posting away for nothing.

I wish people would get their facts right before posting away for nothing ,

As there is ATMs before you get to the Immigration,they are beside the small duty free area on the right hand side ,before you turn right to go towards the immigration part.

7 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I prefer to have a minimal ATM withdrawal limit , just incase of any fraudulent activity .

I would also prefer not to have 20 Billion Laos kip , or whatever it is , on me, when in Thailand , 

I can withdraw larger amounts over the counter though .

I never make ATM withdrawals anyway , so I do not need a higher withdrawal limit

Ed visas are back in fashion lately, some mates of mine have been getting one year visas for 20k and actually being told no need to attend lessons. 

One door closes another opens (again) ...