Rejected entry to Thailand because too many tourist visa

2 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

I wish people would get their facts right before posting away for nothing ,

As there is ATMs before you get to the Immigration,they are beside the small duty free area on the right hand side ,before you turn right to go towards the immigration part.

Bit late on the show today just jumped off your visa run bus? Perhaps you could pull up a detailed airport layout to show those that are interested?

10 minutes ago, Get Real said:

We have to start to learn to sort out who is really a tourist. I believe most of the people with Elite Visa, do stay in Thailand over 180 days a year.
That is then not to consider a tourist. A tourist is to be considered as a person that are travelling on vacation. That means not staying in the country over 180 days, and automatically be eligible to pay tax in the country.
I have never heard of tourists visiting a country and they have to pay income tax.

That is just one explaination. There are hundreds of what can be considered as a tourist in Thailand, but it´s definately not the people on an Elite Visa.

Elite Visa is a tourist visa. Not TR class but PE class but still considered a "special tourist visa" for "special tourists" that stay in those 5 star hotels that are overbooked apparently, as someone was saying

• Like 2

I was told last time I went through immigration at suvarnabhumi (dec 16) that I had come too many times on visa exemption and I should get a tourist visa next time before I left australia otherwse I wont be accepted. I went 6 times last year

So yesterday I went to the local thai embasy and got a tourist visa. Took 2 hours to get the new visa. No problems

Pretty much the same here 10 months ago Even though I only stay a max of 2 weeks at a time I come 6/7 times a year and they said I was no longer a "tourist"
I went to Thai embassy in London and got a tourist visa and for last 10 months have not had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

15 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

Thanks, you're so right. It seems that the OP you've answered was trying to make all look very bad. 

Anything is only as good as the person who's using it. Including ATM cards. 

Of course can't you get a higher limit when you're in a real deep depth. 

Is there no end to your showing off and putting  less wealthy people than you down ?

You are very wealthy , buy expensive clothes, spend 20 000 Baht a night having a drink and 20 000 Baht is small change to you . Youve made it quite clear that you are very rich, no need to keep going on about it

All my big cash is invested elsewhere , I just use my ATM card for daily expenses in Thailand and its my preference to have a minimal daily withdrawal limit from ATM machines

1 hour ago, Penefattore said:

exactly, in ten years I have never been asked to show cash , this time it was just a ruse to be able to fill the report , the young guy shouting at me was quite aware that I actually had plenty of funds to stay in Thailand.

Exactly in 25 years plus I've never been asked to show anything whatsoever. Perhaps because I look normal !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lkv said:

Elite Visa is a tourist visa. Not TR class but PE class but still considered a "special tourist visa" for "special tourists" that stay in those 5 star hotels that are overbooked apparently, as someone was saying

Obviously you cannot afford one so I have no idea why the need to comment? I guess your another that would like to see the programme ended rather than more likely than not to be soon taking the place of continual back to back Tourist visas.
Enjoy your trip to Hong Kong. Make sure to have money on your return though or you may not be allowed back in.

18 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

They are in departures not arrivals as I have said.I wish people would read instead of posting away for nothing.

Did you see the photo in the second post?

18 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

The major hotels are predominately full. Quality tourists don't stay in a 700bht dump.

So only the real well off people should come to Thailand, and the working class should go to Blackpool or another countrys equivalent. If you only want to stay in a Thailand 700 Bt guesthouse, then you are not welcome here. What a snobbish person you are.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Obviously you cannot afford one so I have no idea why the need to comment? I guess your another that would like to see the programme ended rather than more likely than not to be soon taking the place of continual back to back Tourist visas.
Enjoy your trip to Hong Kong. Make sure to have money on your return though or you may not be allowed back in.

Although you don't deserve an answer, I will say I'm pretty diversified as long as money is concerned in several countries including Thailand. I also don't use visa exempt, i use tourist visas, it's just that like others, I don't see the point in travelling with money, especially when I have a Thai Atm card also where I can take out up to 200k a day (20K×10 withdrawals).

But I appreciate your suggestion, will surely carry some cash.

Will not participate in this Elite " give me money so I can let you spend more in the country".

I will enjoy my trip very much thank you, I will take a few days.

When the above scheme does not work anymore I may move to Hong Kong.

Edited by lkv

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I prefer to have a minimal ATM withdrawal limit , just incase of any fraudulent activity .

I would also prefer not to have 20 Billion Laos kip , or whatever it is , on me, when in Thailand , 

I can withdraw larger amounts over the counter though .

I never make ATM withdrawals anyway , so I do not need a higher withdrawal limit

You can take out in an ATM, go in to a bank in Laos and easily change to Bath. Or a exchange office if it´s sat-sun or any other red day.
Ok, you might complain over the small fee you are going to loose, but that´s what you pay for be safe like you say not possible with a "huge" amount like 20000 bath for a couple of days in your pocket.:sleepy:

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Did you see the photo in the second post?

Yes. Says 'There is a money exchange so there must be an ATM'. That isn't telling me or anybody else that there is actually an ATM. There are plenty of money exchanges everywhere but not all have ATM's. Lets deal in fact. That's more helpful when somebody is looking for an open escape route rather than a tunnel only half dug.

• Like 1

Just now, possum1931 said:

So only the real well off people should come to Thailand, and the working class should go to Blackpool or another countrys equivalent. If you only want to stay in a Thailand 700 Bt guesthouse, then you are not welcome here. What a snobbish person you are.

Get a grip! I am pretty sure you just made that up. Quality tourists stay in quality accommodation. And to be honest, I went to Blackpool once. It's a horrible dump.

• Like 1

Your ATM card can only show your ability to pay, it can not  adequately demonstrate your intent to pay.

In other words your ATM card is only a potential payment method not an actual payment method.

Cash is a more direct method of demonstrating to  a merchant your intent to pay

Cash in hand represents a deeper obligation  and intent to pay as you have already converted the funds from a potential payment method to a more  direct  actual payment method.

Therefore cash represents a higher order of trust and confidence to a merchant than does an ATM card. to another merchant

Do you understand  what I am saying?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

If you have millions in the bank, there's no excuse for you not getting a Thailand Elite visa. .

I do have the money in the bank .

I stayed for five years in Thailand on Tourist visas and visa except stamps

I stayed in Thailand continuously for three years on Visa Exempt stamps

Cost me 400-1000  Baht every two weeks , including travel

30-40000 Baht for three years worth of Visas .

It was a lot cheaper than the Thai Elite Visa

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lkv said:

Although you don't deserve an answer I will say I'm pretty diversified as long as money is concerned in several countries including Thailand. I also don't use visa exempt, i use tourist visas, it's just that like others, I don't see the point in travelling with money, especially when I have a Thai Atm card also where I can take out up to 200k a day (20K×10 withdrawals).

Will not participate in this Elite " give me money so I can let you spend more im the country".

I will enjoy my trip very much thank you I will take a few days.

Blimey! All the money people with worldwide portfolios and bank accounts are coming out of the woodwork here today. I never realised so many needed to scrimp and scrape to stay here though. Still, i'm sure you'll manage to spend a little bit of it in Hong Kong :smile:  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Get a grip! I am pretty sure you just made that up. Quality tourists stay in quality accommodation. And to be honest, I went to Blackpool once. It's a horrible dump.

For the snobs it may be, but it is all some decent working class people with a family can afford.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Flying all around the world with no money in your pocket? Sure, you sound pretty astute. Still, at least you can go direct to Laos.

I think there is a lot of unfair criticism directed at the OP here.

Regardless of whether or not he took an unnecessary risk coming in with multiple visa exemptions, judging him on the basis of whether he is ready to pay '000s on an elite visa (regardless of the number of trillions he has stacked up), or whether he carries a stack of cash in his pocket when going to Laos seems to me like an overreaction to something.

I think behind all this is his statement 'my millions of baht in stock investment' which was unnecessary and may have aroused acrimony, but let's focus on the subject matter shall we.

It is now known that it's a good idea to have some cash on us when passing immigration, and that multiple exemptions are likely to be questioned.

It is also known that if you have a lot of money you shouldn't sport them like if you had a new shirt.

Long Live LOS :)

• Like 1

At the end of the day, all the posts and the ways round this, and the ways round that, go to here go to PP,get a tourist,exempt,bank accounts,cash.It really doesn't make a hapeth of difference, because they dont give a toss if you get in or not.It never has and it never will.

It is so simple really to get a multiple entry visa from your own country.

At most consulates ,In the application process you must give them recent copy of bank account total. This i why you never have this this trouble with a proper visa.

I cant understand people risking refused entry by being a cheapskate and expecting to get visa exempt.

26 minutes ago, chainarong said:

Just as soon as U get used to the traffic in Phnom Phen ,it's an interesting place

How is Phnom Penh for other folks anyway? Last time I was there I think I got asked if I want a tuk tuk a couple thousand times in the week I stayed. Including a guy asking me if I want a tuk tuk while I was eating dinner in a restaurant at the riverside area. That's all silly stuff anyway if compared to the event of a medical emergency. Anybody ever had the pleasure of having a surprise medical emergency in wonderful Phnom Penh? (..by the way "tuk tuk, sir?!" )

the young guy shouting at me was quite aware...

What on earth did you do to cause him to shout at you?

The major hotels are predominately full. Quality tourists don't stay in a 700bht dump.

Is someone who has a Thailand Elite card a 'Quality Tourist'?  If you think so, then this TE card holder (me), always stays in the sub-1,000 baht hotels (you don't get rich by throwing money about, unless it is inherited of course).

• Like 2