Four dead in family massacre in car park at Nonthaburi municipal offices

rooster59

Four dead in family massacre in car park at Nonthaburi municipal offices

mass.PNG

Image: Daily News

A Thai father shot his wife, her father, his own six year old child then himself in the car park of the Sai Noi municipal offices yesterday.

The family had been at the offices outside northern Bangkok where the estranged wife and her dad were demanding that Surasak Deechaiyo, 33, sign divorce papars.

He refused and a big argument broke out inside. When the wife and her father walked out Surasak followed them with his son.

He pulled out a gun and shot Teerapong Piyawong, 51, and Wanawan Piyawong, 23, multiple times.

He then turned the gun on his six year old son Sukrit Deechaiyo hitting him in the stomach. All three were pronounced dead at the scene.

Following the massacre of his family Surasak then shot himself in the mouth and was taken to Pranang Klao hospital were he too was pronounced dead.

The whole shooting rampage was witnessed by dozens of shocked members of the public going about their business at the government offices.

The shooter's father Samruay Deechaiyo told the media about the couple's troubles fighting back his tears. He said that his son was a second hand car dealer. He and his young wife had argued after living together for five years in which time they brought up a son.

They separated over a year ago and the young boy came to live with his granddad. Samruay repeatedly tried to get back together with his wife but she always rejected the idea.

Then on Thursday they had gone to her house where her father had again said she must be granted a divorce. But this time he said they were to meet next day at the municipal offices to sign the papers once and for all.

Samruay said this stressed his son out and led to the tragic shooting of all concerned the following day.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-04

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

Just another example of inability to lose face,intolerance and irrational ohhh and of course totally selfish. This is Thailand

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Perhaps the only truly innocent party here, one who had no influence over what had happened previously was the poor 6 year boy RIP

19 minutes ago, Notadoctor said:

I can't believe that some people are so low as to turn this into an anti-Thailand tirade.

Its not anti Thailand, its anti the highly prevalent behavioral characteristics that we all know are part of the relatively low level of educated masses in this country. Keep your own xenophobic subconscious interpretations out of it - just look at the facts, the daily behaviour of so many random people that one might observe.

4 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

Just another example of inability to lose face,intolerance and irrational ohhh and of course totally selfish. This is Thailand

What utterly stupid remarks. There are a group of people on here that come out with the same old B/S on every occasion similar to this.

Human beings are more or less the same all over the world. Some of us have loved ones that support us in our most desperate times of need whom we can turn to for friendship and support to keep us strong.

Others may not be so lucky and when they feel alone and see the only loved ones they have slipping away from them it can be so traumatic that the brain cannot cope and they have what is commongly known as a breakdown. In other words....it can drive them crazy.

Are you saying that this only happens in Thailand?

May God grant the deceased a safe and happy place where ever they are now.

FACE MY A--

Problem is in other countries we have doctors and psychiatrists that could have prevented it from going this far, that man was clearly mentally ill and dangerous with a gun. I feel sorry for his son. RIP.

Its not anti Thailand, its anti the highly prevalent behavioral characteristics that we all know are part of the relatively low level of educated masses in this country. Keep your own xenophobic subconscious interpretations out of it - just look at the facts, the daily behaviour of so many random people that one might observe.

This happens all countries not just Thailand.

This  isn't just in Thailand . Can happen in many countries.....if you know the world 

This is not normal, not even for thais. I believe a vast majority of thais would never do something so horrible.

This happens all countries not just Thailand.

Hugh? What are you babbling on about
The family wanted out. He couldn't take it and they all dead.

This happens in rural Australia on a monthly basis. You don't have to have low IQ,

1 minute ago, smew said:

Uncontrollable anger so often encountered in thailand , so very sad young lives lost 

Ive been here 4 years and never encountered it.. However I saw fights every other weekend back in stockholm/sweden (the combination of alcohol and sexual frustration is dangerous in sweden)

Sure it happens in other countries

It just seems to happen in Thailand as they kill anything that doesnt agree or comply with what they want on a regular basis

And I am sure police in other countries also kidnap its tourists until they pay up

Or let someone with no license, go buy a BMW and destroy a handful of cars and then grant them a drivers license when they finally apply for one

and of course it is also a country with naughty ghosts that play with brakes on vehicles

Luck for us expats though as we are ruled by someone, not skilled in what he does, but by the threat of violence if compliance is not met (I hope my country wakes up and comes and slaps him back to where he came from)

4 minutes ago, hobz said:

Ive been here 4 years and never encountered it.. However I saw fights every other weekend back in stockholm/sweden (the combination of alcohol and sexual frustration is dangerous in sweden)

It will take some practice to see the anger in thais ... I live here since 2001 and see it on daily basis..you will learn

9 minutes ago, ameadi said:

This  isn't just in Thailand . Can happen in many countries.....if you know the world 

Thai culture is kinda exclusive to Thailand, at least the nuances that are pertinent here, in their oh so Thai particular way.

2 minutes ago, smew said:

It will take some practice to see the anger in thais ... I live here since 2001 and see it on daily basis..you will learn

this... Thais are quite angry people actually and it all boils over when they lose face (i.e. wife/GF wants to leave as in this case).

Killing the 6 year old?   may he rot in Hell 

11 minutes ago, bangkokorbust said:

Hugh? What are you babbling on about
The family wanted out. He couldn't take it and they all dead.

This happens in rural Australia on a monthly basis. You don't have to have low IQ,

There speaks a person who starts of with "Hugh? What are you babbling about", mixed in with "low IQ". Oh the irony.

2 minutes ago, bangkokorbust said:

That's a reflection on you. Ask yourself this. what am I doing to attract so much anger.
You need to work on yourself

this is wrong i see it everyday on the roads and many other places but you have to observe it and let go of your  rose-colored specs to see it  

anyway back on-topic and this murderous, selfish pig who kills because he loses 'face'  scum plain and simple scum

Edited by LannaGuy