Police appeal for help as fears grow for missing Russian tourist

rooster59

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really do hope this turns out well but it is looking pretty grim at this stage and the BIB on the Island do not have a good track record.

Equally, as international pressure and media coverage increases  I hope this does not turn into "round up the usual suspects Burmese"

Gotta feel for the family.

a friend of the missing girl checked in on the other thread and is reading all these comments.

i have been using twitter to get the message out.

if anyone on the island can help, contact her friend here:

if you've seen her - please let us know! https://vk.com/victoriazubkova https://vk.com/id8574487"

https://vk.com/skazochnicca

The '2 weeks!!!' brigade should note that adults aren't usually deemed to be missing in the true sense until something out of the ordinary indicates otherwise. Until then they're assumed to be perfectly OK and enjoying their privacy.

HTH

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given the amount of people dying and going missing in Koh Tao, one has to question why people keep going there.

Maybe when the tourists dry up, a proper investigation might try to find the people behind these incidents.

its a huge diving resort.

It would not surprise me if certain people were just hoping nobody would notice her missing - problem solved, suddenly when someone turns up looking for her they are all jumping through hoops or pretending at least

Honestly - no matter where you are or what you are doing - people just don't vanish from a holiday resort without someone noticing

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Would also be nice to know if CCTV cameras at the hotel were working.

She must have had friends and eaten at places so a history of movement should come to surface, -- we hope.

I would think CCTV footage would be over written by now, wouldn't it.... im not conversant with how modern computer systems store data, or for how long... but with the disappearance happening so long ago, I doubt their appeal will lead anyway.

and if she went into the water and accidentally drowned, she would have bloated and floated by now ( unless tied down).

with phone, passport, etc left behind, I'm sad to say that this is probably an RIP scenario.

It would not surprise me if certain people were just hoping nobody would notice her missing - problem solved, suddenly when someone turns up looking for her they are all jumping through hoops or pretending at least

Honestly - no matter where you are or what you are doing - people just don't vanish from a holiday resort without someone noticing

I would think CCTV footage would be over written by now, wouldn't it.... im not conversant with how modern computer systems store data, or for how long... but with the disappearance happening so long ago, I doubt their appeal will lead anyway.

and if she went into the water and accidentally drowned, she would have bloated and floated by now ( unless tied down).

with phone, passport, etc left behind, I'm sad to say that this is probably an RIP scenario.

I think she has to be missing first probably 2 weeks , she is an adult. If thailand searches for every wayward tourist...

Same in the West

Young people are addicted to mobile phones these days. This girl had a phone on her. So how often was she posting before she went missing. If it was several times a day then suddenly it stopped, that will be the day she disappeared.

2 minutes ago, bangkokorbust said:

I think she has to be missing first probably 2 weeks , she is an adult. If thailand searches for every wayward tourist...

Same in the West

Um.... err... I think the point of the story is that she is missing.... presumedly for over two weeks, given she was supposed to check out of the hostel on 16 feb.

but... the story title is kind of a giveaway... "....fears grow for missing Russian tourist"

What is going on, i have lost count of the number people that had an accident and banged there head

and died, or fell in the water and drowned. We all know that the people on this island know who is responsible, but they must be scared to say a word. 

I cant wait for the film to come out, so i can find out who done it

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

I'd wager it was in the afternoon Feb 16--she was due to leave Feb 16, yes?

Exactly. That was what I was alluding to...and raises a lot of big questions if it were the case.

Though in the absence of any decent reporting of facts I did not want to speculate about any possible foot-dragging by authorities and local media until we know who reported what and when. I don't think I would forget about a guest that failed to check out on time, especially during high season AND for two weeks. Though the way it is being reported, the owner of the hostel only checked the room after the friend arrived on the island looking for her and raising the alarm.  And only then (or once published in Samui Times) were the police informed and/or made a statement about the case. 

Well when I go out honestly i tend to leave everything expensive and important at home plus only carry a few thousand  baht you know how Thai's rolls at night .. 

Here are some interesting facts to share with you all   and what not to say that whoever did something went back to the hostel with her valuables to make out she left everything there ..   

Russian mobile Internet users by age:

The majority of Russian mobile Internet users are younger. Most of the Russian mobile Internet users are between the ages of 18 to 24. The second largest amount of Russian mobile Internet users are between the ages of 12 to 17. The third largest amount of Russian mobile Internet users falls between the ages of 24 to 34. Younger people are more commonly using mobile devices because their generation has grown up with technology, and there is increasing popularity with keeping up with social media on their devices.

russian mobile user age distribution

Source : http://russiansearchmarketing.com/runet-2016-updated-facts-russian-mobile-internet-users

I hadn't realised the Koh Tao Thai mafia were that stupid. If anything has befallen her, it will be no use the RTP, the 'justice' department and the courts trying to fit up two migrant workers again. They'll have to actually do some proper investigative work, in the process uncovering more skeletons than they would wish.

Pretty girl, slim,blond hair,170 cms tall?remind you of another girl bearing similar attributes that had her life taken from her on devils island?

The Op that mentioned a serial killer being at large on the island, might notbe far wrong.

Hope she is found alive, and soon.

12 minutes ago, richusa said:

i can say the island family had a hand in this.......

Who knows only the people on the island do sadly it also doesn't help she was staying in a hostel because people can gain access to people stuff so easy to be fair with you ..  

I read some of the comments here about the types of vermin associated with this place and it just depresses me, I really hope the young girl is safe, imagine if it was your daughter? 2 Weeks?

Why do we keep hearing about this place over and over again when it comes to murders and rapes? What is wrong with Thailand?

Archived