Police appeal for help as fears grow for missing Russian tourist

rooster59

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Just start with CCTV footage from AC bar and Mons place, work from there...

Guaranteed no cameras will be operational !!

Sad to say but this will not be a happy ending. Unless the Russian mafia get called in to "investigate"

It would be a dream come true to see the Russian mafia unleashed on the demons of Koh Tao. 

2 hours ago, SicTransit said:

Entirely possible. And all those people who keep coming and staying here also have no clue and you are the only one bestowed with the awareness of underlying hate and the ensuing bitterness.

Perhaps its the same killer as 2/3 years ago

32 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

It would be a dream come true to see the Russian mafia unleashed on the demons of Koh Tao. 

Dream on; that's just no going to happen. The Russian mafia (I am well familiar with them)  have no interest in anything that is not self serving.   Rather than posters speculate as to what happened; try thinking of ways to help if possible. It may be too late to save a life, however, solving a mystery /crime will go a long way to bring closure to a family and /or stop a serial killer if there is one.  

Missing Koh Tao woman was a free diver, adds new facet to search

SURAT THANI, 6 March 2017 (NNT) – Police on Surat Thani province’s Koh Tao have indicated new clues have been uncovered in the search for a missing Russian tourist. 

Police searching for 23 year old Valentina Novozhyonova have indicated that questioning of those close to her has revealed she was an avid diver. Searches of her room after she disappeared over 2 weeks ago showed that personal belongings were still present but all of her diving equipment was removed. The search for the missing Russian woman is now to shift to dive sites off the island after initial investigation involved police searching for her whereabouts at entertainment venues on Koh Tao. 

A key clue among the woman’s belongings is a blue towel she used during her dives. Authorities across the island have been instructed to search for the towel as it would have been left ashore during her dives. 

Authorities have taken the opportunity to remind other divers they should not engage in the activity alone. Valentina was a free diver, meaning she did not use any assistive equipment for breathing, increasing the risk she was the victim of an accident.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-03-06

31 minutes ago, bannork said:

Apparently she is bi-polar so that may have some effect on the state of her mind.

so you are blaming her already before anyone actually knows what has happened, I'd be willing to bet that her mind would run rings round yours

You see I think about this an entirely different way than you - free diver for me means she was a very capable swimmer and is less likely than most to have an issue in water, as for being bi-polar, well that means she was likely being medicated for any mental issues she may have had - unlike some on here  

your posting style reminds me of a handful of TVF posters that spend a considerable amount of time and effort trying to protect the reputation of this very troubled Island known as Koh Tao 

Freediving is just diving with a mask, snorkel, fins, a wet suit and weight belt.

I used to do it all the time in California.

Lets hope some useful information comes to light. Her friends are reading this thread.

I hope this young girl is Ok but the fact is that there is an automatic suspicion because of where this happened. Smedly is right about the Islands and the interaction. Aruba is another place where young women are preyed upon and I would guess there are others. Hawaii used to also have that reputation. The difference is that in Kao Tao some people end up dead.

In regards to the comments made about Pattaya and Phuket- I differ somewhat - I don't think the Thai smiles turn to hate but they turn to disgust. When i first came to pattaya 50 years ago- the smiles were real. During several visits in the last years- I find the smiles phony and the response in the Thai language to be curt or even rude. I believe Phuket and especially Pattaya have adopted the same type of behavior that they see from many Western tourists who come to get drunk and engage in debauchery. The  English language that the Thais hear is constantly filled with the F word and any Thai spoken is poor quality and often rude.All Westerners are labelled as uncouth and disgusting and in many cases the Thais are correct. At times, I am appalled by the behavior I see exhibited by Western tourists.. In addition in both places- they are overbuilt- too much competition- and Thais are struggling to make any real money or profit.The vast majority of Thais one sees in both Pattaya and Phuket are there for one thing- money. It is frankly one reason I avoid both places. I neither enjoy the Thais or tourists in either place and I wouldn't go to Kao Tao if you paid me.

1 minute ago, lungnorm said:

This surely confirms they got the wrong boys for the Koh Tao murders. There is obviously a serial killer on the loose there. What happened to the investigation of the resort manager in the Koh Tao murders ?

It doesn't confirm anything!!  No one yet knows what has happened to this lady.  

People jumping to too many conclusions here.

Just now, carmine said:

It doesn't confirm anything!!  No one yet knows what has happened to this lady.  

People jumping to too many conclusions here.

Just a suggestion. The only thing here is some are quick to jump down the throats of posters. I unlike you think laterally ie out of the square.

18 hours ago, berybert said:

Young people are addicted to mobile phones these days. This girl had a phone on her. So how often was she posting before she went missing. If it was several times a day then suddenly it stopped, that will be the day she disappeared.

That's right, now the police have her phone.

I hope the Millers are reading this, and the bigots realise that there is a serial killing gang at large on Koh Tao.

This gang they are supporting, they also do not know that Burmese scape goats have feelings and mothers and fathers.

They can not comprehend that supporting murderers who are still creating misery for the other victims loved ones are at large and gain strength from there idiotic comments.

Beyond brain dead they must be. man up you fools.

Your the only ones who can save the B2 and stop these murders from going on.

49 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

I hope this young girl is Ok but the fact is that there is an automatic suspicion because of where this happened. Smedly is right about the Islands and the interaction. Aruba is another place where young women are preyed upon and I would guess there are others. Hawaii used to also have that reputation. The difference is that in Kao Tao some people end up dead.

In regards to the comments made about Pattaya and Phuket- I differ somewhat - I don't think the Thai smiles turn to hate but they turn to disgust. When i first came to pattaya 50 years ago- the smiles were real. During several visits in the last years- I find the smiles phony and the response in the Thai language to be curt or even rude. I believe Phuket and especially Pattaya have adopted the same type of behavior that they see from many Western tourists who come to get drunk and engage in debauchery. The  English language that the Thais hear is constantly filled with the F word and any Thai spoken is poor quality and often rude.All Westerners are labelled as uncouth and disgusting and in many cases the Thais are correct. At times, I am appalled by the behavior I see exhibited by Western tourists.. In addition in both places- they are overbuilt- too much competition- and Thais are struggling to make any real money or profit.The vast majority of Thais one sees in both Pattaya and Phuket are there for one thing- money. It is frankly one reason I avoid both places. I neither enjoy the Thais or tourists in either place and I wouldn't go to Kao Tao if you paid me.

great post

24 minutes ago, Miss Pickle said:

I definitely would not be happy for my kids to go to Koh Tao too many people go missing or get murdered or raped sadly I don't think this young girl is going to be found alive . Why is this island so bad ?????

I definitely would not be happy for my kids to go to Koh Tao too many people go missing or get murdered or raped sadly I don't think this young girl is going to be found alive . Why is this island so bad ?????

I have no idea what has happened to this poor girl.....Why is this island so bad because those in control of this island and high proportion of this hypocritical country are pure evil. Evil should be crushed when it surfaces when it is  accepted history gives you the answer!

23 year old adults aren't deemed 'missing' until someone or something suggests otherwise. Ex boyfriends aren't particularly high on the list of credible informants for obvious reasons and as yet I have seen nothing indicating her family or Embassy are unduly concerned.

I could of course be wrong...

11 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...3 weeks later...a 'scenario' appears....

...of course nobody entered her room all that time......

...do you know of anyone that dives alone.....???

if she was diving off a beach then she was doing little more than snorkeling - if she went further afield then someone had to take her there - there seemed to be a cloud of silence for over 2 weeks until someone started asking questions - not saying there is foul play involved but that 2 weeks was a very long time for someone's absence not to be noticed especially when she may have needed to top the rent for the room that she overstayed

7 hours ago, webfact said:

“The initial investigation suggested no clues of an attack or murder,” said Surat Thani provincial police chief Apichart Boonsriroj. “Her latest communications via social media indicated she wanted to free dive deeper than 22.3 metres without an assistant or equipment.”

Just to bear in mind, before too much speculation...

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

23 year old adults aren't deemed 'missing' until someone or something suggests otherwise. Ex boyfriends aren't particularly high on the list of credible informants for obvious reasons and as yet I have seen nothing indicating her family or Embassy are unduly concerned.

I could of course be wrong...

Yep... you did miss something... go back to page one and re read the OP

online appeal started by relatives in Russia who have not had contact with her for over two weeks...

4 hours ago, Penicillin said:

Dream on; that's just no going to happen. The Russian mafia (I am well familiar with them)  have no interest in anything that is not self serving.   Rather than posters speculate as to what happened; try thinking of ways to help if possible. It may be too late to save a life, however, solving a mystery /crime will go a long way to bring closure to a family and /or stop a serial killer if there is one.  

Wow - are you a secret interpol agent? Or maybe ex SAS,CIA, ?

Just now, smedly said:

so you are blaming her already before anyone actually knows what has happened, I'd be willing to bet that her mind would run rings round yours

You see I think about this an entirely different way than you - free diver for me means she was a very capable swimmer and is less likely than most to have an issue in water, as for being bi-polar, well that means she was likely being medicated for any mental issues she may have had - unlike some on here  

your posting style reminds me of a handful of TVF posters that spend a considerable amount of time and effort trying to protect the reputation of this very troubled Island known as Koh Tao 

I have no interest in protecting the reputation of Koh Tao, the last time I went to any of the islands in the south was back in 1989/90.

It just amazes me how poster after poster comes out with assumptions she has been murdered by the  associates or owners of the AC 1 bar without a single shred of evidence so far.

I'm not 'blaming' her for being bi-polar by the way.

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Yep... you did miss something... go back to page one and re read the OP

online appeal started by relatives in Russia who have not had contact with her for over two weeks...

An uncorroborated translation proves nothing; especially with the frequency in which they are spectacularly wrong.

Archived