Police appeal for help as fears grow for missing Russian tourist

rooster59

Police appeal for help as fears grow for missing Russian tourist

russian.PNG

Image: Daily News

Police are stepping up their efforts to locate a missing Russian woman who disappeared from Koh Tao more than two weeks ago.

Twenty three year old Valentina Novozhyonova was staying at the Koh Tao Hostel hotel where she checked in on February 11th. She was due to leave on the 16th.

A considerable time passed before the owner of the hotel became suspicious. Napha Sanethip eventually went to check her room and found her phone, camera and passport but no trace of the occupant.

The owner went to report her missing to the police.

A Russian by the name of Sergey Busagin has also been in touch with police about the missing woman after he was asked to look into the matter by a friend.

Now the police have made an appeal to the public for help. Koh Tao police can be called on 077-456098.

Valentina is 170 cms tall and was due to go to Koh Samui after Koh Tao. Daily News reported that her favorite pastime is swimming.

Koh Tao has never been far from the news after the murder of two British tourists in 2014 for which two Burmese immigrants were convicted and are currently on death row.

An online appeal for information about Valentina was reportedly started by relatives in Russia who have had no contact with her for over two weeks.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-05

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly the chance are really that she is died it's way too long now and that there is a serial killer but the mafia on Koh Tao are covering up there nestegg for well over two weeks now and getting there stories right before making everything public .. I would also be surprised if a body will turn up this time around because where there is a body there will be media and a lot of pointing fingers  and a scapegoat in all matters and people stepping all over the crime scene and evidence.. 

25 minutes ago, Nicolas32 said:

Sadly the chance are really that she is died it's way too long now and that there is a serial killer but the mafia on Koh Tao are covering up there nestegg for well over two weeks now and getting there stories right before making everything public .. I would also be surprised if a body will turn up this time around because where there is a body there will be media and a lot of pointing fingers  and a scapegoat in all matters and people stepping all over the crime scene and evidence.. 

I was going to say much the same thing but decided not too until more information becomes available  due to sensitivity and that friends and family are likely reading this thread. so far all that is known is that she was alone staying in a hotel on Koh Tao and she has not been seen or heard of for 2 weeks

If and when more information is available I will reserve my opinions and comments until that time

Given the amount of people dying and going missing in Koh Tao, one has to question why people keep going there.

Maybe when the tourists dry up, a proper investigation might try to find the people behind these incidents.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Given the amount of people dying and going missing in Koh Tao, one has to question why people keep going there.

Maybe when the tourists dry up, a proper investigation might try to find the people behind these incidents.

Sex drugs and rock and roll.

17 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Scary island or is Thailand becoming the tourists killing fields??

I sincerely hope she is alive.

No is not about Thailand i live here since 5 years and go on many place but my feeling warns me to go Koh Tao coz there is something very wrong on this Island.

If you be Polite and know the Culture also accept it, Thailand is a nice Country with nice People on the most.

Gents, check and compare the pic of the murdered uk girl from 2014. Similarities I!  ! and I would say a serial killer on the island. Burmese boys are innocent. I am sure thai finest are looking Intomit NOT, that would mean they faked evidence and the Burmese trial. The real killer must be high up he food chain and surely has a thing for blond young ladies.

2 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

This will not end well. I hope I am wrong but blond, young girls are being targeted and this is not over by far. A much larger carpet will be required to sweep this under ........ 

not if there is nothing more about it - just some poor girl missing for ever

Just one more mystery to add to the many that have taken place over the last few years. Does anyone know how many mysterious deaths, and missing people, have taken place over, say the last ten years.on this Island?

There always is the possibility that she drowned while swimming...possibly...but not so likely as she was said to be a good swimmer and loved to swim.

But even then, many people do drown somehow.

Other than that, everyone who knows about Kao Tao island has good reason to be suspicious, especially  after all the other strange and often deadly occurrences happening on that particular island. 

Cheers

3 hours ago, smedly said:

If and when more information is available I will reserve my opinions and comments until that time

Me to, but the irony of this request from the very organisation that muddied the waters hasn't gone unnoticed.

25 years ago to not have heard from someone in a couple of weeks as they traveled

through South East Asia was the norm. These days with cell phones, lap tops, WIFI

in every hotel, it is unusual to be out of contact for two days. I doubt this will end

well.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Thailand in general is far more dangerous than people elsewhere believe...I wish these stories would go viral, so more people would know what really happens here...life is so cheap here...and there is no police or government to speak of...everyone seems to kept in check by the unspoken threat of mutual violence...

Twenty three year old Valentina Novozhyonova was staying at the Koh Tao Hostel hotel where she checked in on February 11th. She was due to leave on the 16th.

The 16th of Feb I assume  . If that is the case the owner needs to be interrogated . Was she in a dormitory sharing ? was she travelling solo ? Where did she go in the evenings ? when was she last seen ?    The trail is now cold and if a misdemeanor has occurred then those involved will be long gone unless the owner can shed some more light on the enquiry . Was the report to the police made because of the girls family in Russia made an online appeal ? Finally a mobile phone is a part of young peoples set up and is with them at all times yet it was left in her room , it needs scrutinising .

I hope for a miracle and that she is found . 

5 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Would be nice to know when the owner finally got round to checking her room.

Would also be nice to know if CCTV cameras at the hotel were working.

She must have had friends and eaten at places so a history of movement should come to surface, -- we hope.

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

EVERYBODY on the island KNOWS who is involved...

Archived