Police appeal for help as fears grow for missing Russian tourist

rooster59

2 hours ago, smedly said:

if she was diving off a beach then she was doing little more than snorkeling - if she went further afield then someone had to take her there - there seemed to be a cloud of silence for over 2 weeks until someone started asking questions - not saying there is foul play involved but that 2 weeks was a very long time for someone's absence not to be noticed especially when she may have needed to top the rent for the room that she overstayed

That's the one thing that concerns me: I've never heard of any kind of resort or guest house just leaving a room for so long after a fixed stay, and without the guest checking out. It could just be a very sloppily run (and quiet) place though. Did she pay her rent upfront?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

a friend of the missing girl checked in on the other thread and is reading all these comments.

i have been using twitter to get the message out.

if anyone on the island can help, contact her friend here:

if you've seen her - please let us know! https://vk.com/victoriazubkova https://vk.com/id8574487"

https://vk.com/skazochnicca

Evadgib.... Post 38 (included above)... this should provide corroboration for you.

but.... I answered your post stating that you had seen nothing indicating family or embassy were concerned.... regardless of how reliable TV is, the OP clearly shows/ claims that the family are concerned

or try Sergey bugsin, a relative... has contacted police... also in this thread a couple of pages back

or google missing Russian girl in Thailand.... many news carriers and articles. Surly you can find one there a little more credible than TV.

but I suppose that you can claim something is uncorroborated, right up until you get a phone call from the family, telling you she is missing ( providing that they can actually prove to your satisfaction that they... caller... is actually a family member... so maybe you'll have to wait until an embassy official turns up on your doorstep with valid credentials)

The corroboration to which I referred was no more than would be expected by credible media elsewhere for good reason. Your failure to grasp why this is necessary is not my concern, but the assumption that I somehow expect hourly updates could not be further from the truth. It is however something that a wide number might expect simply because the have FB or Twitter, but I am not one of them..

1 hour ago, bannork said:

I have no interest in protecting the reputation of Koh Tao, the last time I went to any of the islands in the south was back in 1989/90.

It just amazes me how poster after poster comes out with assumptions she has been murdered by the  associates or owners of the AC 1 bar without a single shred of evidence so far.

I'm not 'blaming' her for being bi-polar by the way.

fair enough but there was no need to mention it

23 hours ago, smedly said:

It would not surprise me if certain people were just hoping nobody would notice her missing - problem solved, suddenly when someone turns up looking for her they are all jumping through hoops or pretending at least

Honestly - no matter where you are or what you are doing - people just don't vanish from a holiday resort without someone noticing

Exactly , and if she was in a shared dormitory her housemates would probably have vacated some time ago . They need to be traced and interviewed along with people who attended the same entertainment venues that she used . Now that is a task but is doable . One thing is almost certain is that she could not have left the country without her passport .

5 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

mmmm wants to dive alone

takes weights

deep water

hope they find her body

Assuming this is the result of a free dive that went horribly wrong, only leads to further questions.

Where did she get the weights?  Unlikely she brought them with her for obvious reasons - but of course, its always possible.

Presumably for a deep free dive she needed to rent a boat to take her out to deep water as finning from the shore would be extremely difficult with weights, even if deep water was relatively nearby?

19 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Assuming this is the result of a free dive that went horribly wrong, only leads to further questions.

Where did she get the weights?  Unlikely she brought them with her for obvious reasons - but of course, its always possible.

Presumably for a deep free dive she needed to rent a boat to take her out to deep water as finning from the shore would be extremely difficult with weights, even if deep water was relatively nearby?

exactly, if she really was looking to do some free diving onto popular dive sights then there is a very obvious place she would go to organise it - a local dive shop

if it was just some snorkeling off a beach then there would have been lots of people that would have seen her but I doubt very much that would interest her - there is nothing to see on a sandy bottom except ........ sand  

Could be even Russian mafia related...  Too little to late now and has been far to long now .. Anybody guess to be honest with you all but i doubt she is alive now .. anyway i hope they find her also Russians are very good swimmer and some of the water sports they are into is crazy like  International Extreme Race of winter swimming across Yellow River  ..where the weather is -19c and the water is 0c  .. 

Archived