BOI to promote Thailand as a centre for subcontracting

webfact

BOI to promote Kingdom as a centre for subcontracting
By THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- WITH THE government’s plan to base the economy more on technology and innovation, the Board of Investment will promote Thailand as the centre of subcontracting industries in Asean and in Asia as a whole, as many foreign investors look to expand businesses in this emerging region.

“With emerging growth of industrial development under the ‘Thailand 4.0’ and ‘Industrial 4.0’ policies to emphasise technological development and innovation, Thailand could become the trading centre for industrial [equipment] and a sourcing centre for high-quality industrial products,” said Wirat Tatsaringkansakul, director of the BOI Unit for Industrial Linkage Development (BUILD).

He said Thailand’s supporting industries were set to grow even further, since many foreign investors were hoping to expand their bases into Asean, particularly Thailand, as the government plans strong infrastructure development, while the Thailand 4.0 policy will facilitate their business growth.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/EconomyAndTourism/30308008

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-06

48 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Sometimes it's at the tip of your tongue, but just doesn't get out.....the word they're looking for is "hub"....:coffee1:

They will come up with it in Thailand 10.0, until than keep on dreaming Thailand.....

1 hour ago, Chang_paarp said:

Who is going to work in these ventures? There is a shortage of competent staff for the current crop of businesses.

Thai staff spea inlit vely goo sir. Hab calculatooor and deglee flom kao-san load. Can do sir, you like?

I was at a recent business event in Bangkok and met a very smart woman from the BOI, she said that there are a lot of things they are working on to make it easier for SMEs to setup in Thailand. 

I'm going to meet with them soon to discuss my enterprise.

Investment into Thailand in 2016 was 584 Billion Baht.

BANGKOK: -- WITH THE government’s plan to base the economy more on technology and innovation, the Board of Investment will promote Thailand as the centre of subcontracting industries in Asean and in Asia as a whole, as many foreign investors look to expand businesses in this emerging region

technology, innovation....555...did I read this right?? It's not april fools day yet, wow!

A fine example of technology and innovation can be observed down on soi 6, 2nd road pattaya.