Thailand ranks the least miserable country for the third year in a row

snoop1130

Thailand ranks the least miserable country for the third year in a row

Thai-PBS.jpg

For the third year in a row, Thailand was ranked the least miserable country out of 65 countries assessed by Bloomberg’s Miserable Index for 2017.

Thailand scored 2.6 on Bloomberg’s Miserable Index for 2017 compared to 1.2 for 2016 largely due to its low unemployment rate of 1.08 percent of its working population and an average of 0.59 percent inflation rate.

The second least miserable country is Singapore with 3.1 scores, followed by Switzerland, Japan and Iceland.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-ranks-least-miserable-country-third-year-row/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-3-6

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to work in Singapore and it is about the most miserable place I have ever lived.

As for here, unemployment of 1%? Where did that figure come from? Never Never Land? Every second Thai I know is out of work.

I wonder if the publishers of this report based their figures on the level of bribes donated.

I can't see the figures being true any other way.

I used to work in Singapore and it is about the most miserable place I have ever lived.
As for here, unemployment of 1%? Where did that figure come from? Never Never Land? Every second Thai I know is out of work.
I wonder if the publishers of this report based their figures on the level of bribes donated.

Nothing. I used to live in Yorkshire the most miserable place on earth.1488808245779.jpg.4484bf94f9a0c609d8a4c61488808265079.jpg.30797f4dcba5488d06ef31

12 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

You find Singapore most miserable because it lacks the two most important meaning in your life - cheap booze and sex...?

Pattaya would heaven for you...thus, Thailand's ranking.

Edited by trogers

1 hour ago, clockman said:

Which is the most common drug, in use in Thailand?

I just took my wife's grandfather to hospital, he is depressed after a dog killed his favourite chicken and has not slept for three days. They gave him 50 diazepam tables and 30 paracetamol. I could not work out if the doctor wanted him to have a good time or die.

7 minutes ago, trogers said:

You find Singapore most miserable because it lacks the two most important meaning in your life - cheap booze and sex...?

Pattaya would heaven for you...thus, Thailand's ranking.

Oh! My very own psychiatrist. I think you have the files mixed up though. I do live in Pattaya, prefer the expensive booze, like Grey Goose, and I am married.

So admittedly, not much sex.

2 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Spouses, boyfriends blamed for violence against women and children

I suspect that none of these abused or murdered women were asked for an opinion.

Is there a country in the world where women aren't being abused and murdered? If not, then I fail to see the relevance.

Unemployment 1.08 %, inflation 0.59 %, surely the Government must have 

supplied Bloomberg with these figures, as they are not whats happening 

in the real World,

With so many people up to their eyes in debt,dont know what they have

to be happy about.

regards worgeordie

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Just because somebody "doesn't work" doesn't actually mean that he's "out of work". 

There are loads of people in the village in Korat where I live who don't work/don't have to work/don't want to work, but none of them consider themselves out of work. 

Most of them are happy not having to work and get by with having very little. 

I love it here in Thailand. I have about 12 rai and find it almost impossible to find labour to help me. (I am getting on in years)There are few unemployed under the age of 70 years of age.  No one here in my village goes hungry (except a few roaming dogs), everyone helps each other out. My suggestion to all the cynics is to move out of the cities and find bliss in the country. That works in any country in the world BTW

I love it here in Thailand. I have about 12 rai and find it almost impossible to find labour to help me. (I am getting on in years)There are few unemployed under the age of 70 years of age.  No one here in my village goes hungry (except a few roaming dogs), everyone helps each other out. My suggestion to all the cynics is to move out of the cities and find bliss in the country. That works in any country in the world BTW

Oh! My very own psychiatrist. I think you have the files mixed up though. I do live in Pattaya, prefer the expensive booze, like Grey Goose, and I am married.
So admittedly, not much sex.

Of cos Thailand is the least miserable, its the Land of Happy Endings :partytime2:

No worries let me grab my banjo and I'll be right along

9 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Spouses, boyfriends blamed for violence against women and children

I suspect that none of these abused or murdered women were asked for an opinion.

In the USA, mothers are the biggest threat to children.  They kill double what fathers do.  Also, lesbian and bisexual women are the most at risk group for domestic violence.  Women are just as violent in the home if not more so.

Well they obviously didn't include the opinions of most of the miserable cynics here. I have to wonder why most of you stay at all. Yeah, the country's not perfect, but nowhere is. I personally love the part of my life that is in Thailand, and that includes the many wonderful people that have become a rich part of my life in general there. Brighten up, folks!

Well they obviously didn't include the opinions of most of the miserable cynics here. I have to wonder why most of you stay at all. Yeah, the country's not perfect, but nowhere is. I personally love the part of my life that is in Thailand, and that includes the many wonderful people that have become a rich part of my life in general there. Brighten up, folks!

And there is the daily falang tourist authority propaganda rant!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

And there is the daily falang tourist authority propaganda rant!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well spotted, Mulder, you got me rumbled! Pra-yuth asked me personally to come and infect your miserable existences with some much required positivity. This is because our mighty leader cares about you!

If you only seek the bad, you will only find the bad.

At least we are out of the rat race. Who like being in a big capital like new york or Paris? , tramway for 2 hours a day, be paid good money but spend a lot in rent and finish in front of TV every night.
Here in Thailand, cheap food, cheap life and beach and sea everyday. If you live cheap you will live longer and healthier.