Pattaya raids continue - now district chief targets E-cigarettes

webfact

Pattaya raids continue - now district chief targets E-cigarettes

2pm.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

PATTAYA: -- Banglamung district chief Naris Niramaiwong found a new target for his department at the weekend - people openly selling E-cigarettes in the Thepprasit market.

Three shops were raided and three arrests made on Sunday. Some 68 smoking devices, and 351 bottles of vaping fluid were taken into evidence as well as chargers.

Sent to Pattaya police for prosecution were Suphawat Chutipanyo, 29, Pallop Taengsri, 29, and Natkhanet Natsarutbusakon, 39, who are all traders in the market.

77Jowo reported that the items were on open sale and are illegal to be sold in Thailand.

Source: 77 Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-07

The law is the law.

We need to get these criminals off the street..They need to go to jail..

Which reminds me I need to pick up a few packs of cigarettes when

I stop by 7-11.. Me and my mates enjoy a few cigs when were drinking

in a bar...

Edited by fforest1

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

is this the shop next to the "Do Me Bar" or is it next to "Love You Long Time" Bar?

I can' remember...

nothing wrong with the bars... they aren't illegal.

but one has certainly to wonder why on earth they go after e-cigs when there are so much real criminals to hunt down in addition of thousands of potential manslaughterers driving motor vehicles.

1 hour ago, manarak said:

but one has certainly to wonder why on earth they go after e-cigs when there are so much real criminals to hunt down in addition of thousands of potential manslaughterers driving motor vehicles.

It's to protect the families who grow & run the local tobacco industry.

The e-cigs are imported as is the vaping liquid.

Good work guys.. I will sleep well tonight knowing these are off the streets of Pattaya.

If this is your top priority, then Pattaya must now be a wonderful, clean and safe place to be.

It's good to know that the bars and gogos are all aboveboard, that assaults and thefts have been erradicated, and the BIB have stopped their extortion rackets.

What a happy place to be!

2 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

They definitely have a problem with priorities going after the low hanging fruit every time. I am sure there greater villains than these wandering around Pattaya.

They sort of remind me of the guy who walks around the office carrying a clipboard.  He looks busy but isnt actually doing anything

they need to crack down on old people playing bridge. pretty sure that upsets thai people in some way.

Come on guys get a bit more creative, the bridge thing comes up a hundred times a month.. It's boring and so yesterday

The 1k fish thing should be the gold standard

3 hours ago, manarak said:

Or bridge clubs?

Well hearty congrats to them they cleared up last weeks priority of 27000 indigenous whores and city wide rampant prostitution with alacrity.

Now just polishing up these periferal miscreants and Pa ta yaa can resume its pristine family resort persona.

That'll be next week then

Sterling effort brown suited superheros - your work here is done.

Just to add that I find this crass ignorant and bloody stupid in the extreme.  It is a well knwon fact that e-cigarettes are far far less harmful than tobacco and indeed has not secondary smoking effect on others in the same room or location.  For goodness sake the Thai Government should truly get real on this and use their brains before their wallets and think about PEOPLES' well being not Baht !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I generally love this country and it's people and choose to live here as a guest so of course I fully respect the laws here, but hey come on now this particular law regarding e-cigarettes is surely total rubbish !!! Peoples' health is surely the primary goal here, so lets help those trying to quit the dangerous and highly addictable drug called tobacco by encouraging not outlawing the use of these e-cigarettes as a far far safer alternatives and as a great help in breaking the damaging to health smoking habit.    

Personally I thankfully do not smoke tobacco or even use e-cigarettes, but if I was a smoker (as I once was over 30 years ago) then I would certainly switch to e-cigarettes in respect to my health and work to then give up the habit entirely. It would be one case where I would feel my health matters more than complying with a silly law that is unfounded and unworkable IMHO and does nothing to protect innocent folk from beign the victims of crime as laws should be doing.  

Stopping this daft law outlawing e-cigarettes is a no brainer way to help millions of folk give up the dangerous tobacco drug.  I am sure lost tobacco revenue can be recouped form other taxes like higher ones on tobacco and other harmful legal drugs like alcohol, sorry to say that as it won;t be popular with many but it is being real;istic and sensible IMHO.

This is simply my own personal opinion and one I feel I want to openly share, as I am sure is already shared by millions of other folk, and I would safely guess most ordinary decent Thai folk too will agree too. An unwanted and unfounded law imposed on decent Thai people that needs repealing ASAP.  

4 hours ago, fforest1 said:

The law is the law.

We need to get these criminals off the street..They need to go to jail..

Which reminds me I need to pick up a few packs of cigarettes when

I stop by 7-11.. Me and my mates enjoy a few cigs when were drinking

in a bar...

You just gave me a great idea; sell cigarettes only between 11AM and 2PM  or between 5PM and midnight. That would save some poor souls from becoming nicotine addicted.

Even better idea: extra excise tax on cigarettes sold outside those hours but not near schools ever. 

Just a first draft, improve at your will.

1 minute ago, wakeupplease said:

I don't expect there is any tax paid on these, so gov not get share maybe.

Whoever laid that lot out would make a good window dresser

As they are illegal there is a very good chance the Govment aint collecting any tax on them :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

As they are illegal there is a very good chance the Govment aint collecting any tax on them :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Does anybody know if it is also illegal to import / bring your own vaping device and a small bottle (30ml) of vaping fluid into the country? For those who don't know, it's a refillable, rechargeable device that doesn't look like a cigarette at all, so it's easily recognisable on the luggage scan (at the very least as a "suspect" electronic device), meaning I won't take the risk if it's illegal even for personal use.