webfact

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, maewang99 said:

government bonds offering a solid 3% rate... 

AEC 2015 coming on line....  

Toyota board to approve new "land mark" Thai investment....

a Thai Navy soon to have very capable new submarines heh heh!!!!

and the baht is set to weaken? 

okay if you say so. but my Thai..... and Philippine... businesses are not just humming they are zooming.. zoom zoom.. how you can agree with a yet weaker Baht I don't understand.

this is going to continue to become a consumer economy driven by spending at home... how? it just is. unlike the past. and the longer trend is very obvious. and it makes sense. 

No follow up,oh well!  questions being asked about the quality of these Chinese subs too,apparently a right old bag of junk to be delivered,from an army that could not fight its way out of a wet paper bag I guess it is just like the past,but more so,and the longer trend?...well with a population with average wage of 300 baht a day,yes a consumer-led economy,just what the consumer buys is a bit debatable

Ill let you zoom zoom zoom,but I agree with a stronger baht,just makes the Thai people generally poorer   (and cheaper)  lol

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:18 AM, starky said:

An adjustment must be coming eventually. 

Oh, I'm in this club.

the BOT website for bills shows it just about to cross into 33....

aha! it ****is**** getting weaker...  soon it may be worth only 33 dollars.

Edited by maewang99

Just now, maewang99 said:

Oh, I'm in this club.

the BOT website for bills shows it just about to cross into 33....

aha! it ****is**** getting weaker...  now it is only worth 34 dollars.

Now reported that all news sites will be blocked from reporting bad news emitting from Thailand,things must be getting bad ,,,its not 34  but 31,there good news

Speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil...right up Thailands ass

It IS Weakening against The Pound Today........About Time too.....Keep on Going.....43.82 Is about the best rate at ANY of the banks today At www.krungsri.com ......But If your'e in Bangkok www.vasu is giving 44.10 for 50 Pound Notes.......Vasu is located at Sukumvit Soi 7/1 Right on that corner.....

Edited by Nong Khai Man

The GBP is slowly creeping up against the THB but please try not to mention it out loud in case you frighten it off.

This is not too accurate unless you are using them and transferring large sums of GBP.

XE Currency Converter: GBP to THB

Read important information about the THB. 1 GBP =44.7881THB
British Pound1 GBP = 44.7881 THB
Thai Baht1 THB = 0.0223274 GBP
Live mid-market rate 2017-04-29 05:30 UTC

The £ strengthened against most currencies when the General Election in June was announced. June 9th; when results are in; should be highlighted in the diary for any UK expat. Unless WW3 breaks out first, perhaps.

These are crazy times on the Forex, nothing is sustainable or to be trusted - USD is being weakened purposely; GBP strengthened on the back of the election but the fundamentals haven't changed, if anything they'e worsened; THB has weakened because that's what it does at end April. Make hay while the sun shines, it may rain tomorrow.

7 hours ago, champers said:

The £ strengthened against most currencies when the General Election in June was announced. June 9th; when results are in; should be highlighted in the diary for any UK expat. Unless WW3 breaks out first, perhaps.

I have it on good authority that WWW3 will not start until after Thailand takes delivery of its first sub :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

These are crazy times on the Forex, nothing is sustainable or to be trusted - USD is being weakened purposely; GBP strengthened on the back of the election but the fundamentals haven't changed, if anything they'e worsened; THB has weakened because that's what it does at end April. Make hay while the sun shines, it may rain tomorrow.

Raining here today but how does that help my money :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-3-12 at 8:33 PM, spiderorchid said:

Please continue the debate. I have no idea what either of you are saying and sometimes I suspect neither do you. I think the original post suggests that the rise in the US dollar rate may cause the TB to weaken against it. Perhaps you could try to respond to that claim.

No one replied. sigh

3 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

No one replied. sigh

It seems clear - if you've read all the way from page 3 to page 11 and still not found your answer, nobody is prepared to talk to you since you tell us we don't know what we're talking about  and you have no idea what we're talking about anyway, I mean, why would we bother to answer your questions with those statements as an intro.! But OK, you say you don't understand, try this:

The article in the OP says that capital outflows have caused the baht to weaken, why? That's because holders of THB are selling THB against the USD which means there is less demand for THB hence it weakens - as already stated earlier. Why are holders selling THB in favour of USD? Because the expectation is that the Fed. will increase rates thus causing USD to be more in demand and consequently to strengthen - as already stated earlier. Is that clear now?

Edited by simoh1490

3 minutes ago, pentap said:

Weak! Strong! Hummm?!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

In the world of forex, what is weak one day can be easily be strong the next, and vica versa.

The story in the OP is dated 8 March when indeed THB was weakening against USD, but about four days later THB reversed and went into a strengthening mode. Why? Because the Fed released their meeting statement on 14th March hence the future became more clear.

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=THB&view=1Y

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=US+FED+13+March+rate+decision&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gws_rd=cr&ei=uGESWbTlC8H9vASvlIagAw

17 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

It seems clear - if you've read all the way from page 3 to page 11 and still not found your answer, nobody is prepared to talk to you since you tell us we don't know what we're talking about  and you have no idea what we're talking about anyway, I mean, why would we bother to answer your questions with those statements as an intro.! But OK, you say you don't understand, try this:

The article in the OP says that capital outflows have caused the baht to weaken, why? That's because holders of THB are selling THB against the USD which means there is less demand for THB hence it weakens - as already stated earlier. Why are holders selling THB in favour of USD? Because the expectation is that the Fed. will increase rates thus causing USD to be more in demand and consequently to strengthen - as already stated earlier. Is that clear now?

No, it is not clear. For every THB sold, some entity is buying. Obviously hoping for a profit. For every USD purchased, some holder of USD sold. Hoping for or making a profit.

Yet overall, the THB is holding its value. Maybe it is you who believe you have all the answers, is superior in intellect but have a 50/50 bet anyway to cover your wrong predictions. That is easy to do

33 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

No, it is not clear. For every THB sold, some entity is buying. Obviously hoping for a profit. For every USD purchased, some holder of USD sold. Hoping for or making a profit.

Yet overall, the THB is holding its value. Maybe it is you who believe you have all the answers, is superior in intellect but have a 50/50 bet anyway to cover your wrong predictions. That is easy to do

I'm sorry I can't help you any further, goodbye.

48 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Good lord!  If what you say is true, stock prices would never move as for every stock bought, one is sold.....I suggest you google supply-demand curve, do some reading and come back.

Governments all over the world are desperately trying to devalue there own currency in a bid to raise exports/decrease imports in addition to keeping citizens in their own countries (or attract those from outside) to keep funds in there own economy (which has become of more importance with more people on pensions due to aging population), this has created artificial values which wont be recalibrated until the next recession hits , but when it does will favour the developing economies.

7 minutes ago, tazly said:

Good lord!  If what you say is true, stock prices would never move as for every stock bought, one is sold

I'm not an expert but I think that is exactly how it works.

If you want to buy a stock, someone has to sell one, otherwise you will not be able to buy.

Sorry Aleck.