Extension Of Stay - Pathum Thani

Did my extension of stay based Retirement today at the Pathum Thani. With all the bad reports we often here about various offices just wanted to give them a big thumbs up. I was in and out in 30 minutes. With polite and professional service, this office really runs smoothly.

Previously had picked up all the required paperwork from this office when I did my 90 day report so was well prepared. First stop is room one where they review you paperwork then off to room two to lodge a TM 30 which is required for each renewal, very quick with a new receipt into the passport. Back to room one, given a number and waited about five minutes to be called.

Submitted just one set of all the usual documents. They also required a copy of the House Masters ID card and blue book to go with the application. I had printed extra copies prior to submitting the TM 30 just in case. Quick stamp in the passport over to the next counter for payment, picture taken and passport returned. Arrived 9.05am left at 9.35am DONE!

As a footnote, it seems they no longer require your income declaration to be legalised by MFA anymore.

38 minutes ago, Anthony Loh said:

That's really sound great and kindly help to explain, what do you mean " no longer require your income declaration to be legalised "

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

last year some immigration offices suddenly required that the consular agent signature on your embassy income declaration affidavit be certified by the thai MFA causing a significant inconvenience...the MFA is a place that ye wanna avoid if possible...

thankfully, in most cases the 'sudden requirement' has been withdrawn...

if anyone still has this problem please adivse...the Ayudtthaya, Nakhon Pathom and Pathum Thani offices were previously mentioned in this regard...I did my retirement extension renewal in the adjacent new Suphanburi office in December and thought that I was gonna be next but decency prevailed...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, ilovethailand1961 said:

I can confirm I was asked to have my income declaration legalised by MFA today at Nakhon Pathom immigration. UK citizen,  retirement extension.

It is not a legalization of the income document. It is a verification of the consular officers signature on it at the department of consular affairs.

They will put a sticker on it like this.

584a1b9a175c3_signaturecertification.jpg.f3c4b8eb52f66a9b31d10c7097258d38.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ldiablo72 said:

I concur that Pathumthani immigration deserves a big thumbs up. Great staff, helpful and friendly.

????

with regard to post #5 I've never been required to get an MFA verification of consular signature in many years of retirement extensions...and I would consider any immigration office that had this requirement to be idiots...

the rogue IO requirement for MFA verification was the subject of various threads some months ago...