Sickening: Dog owner in Chonburi claims three year old girl bit his dog, so it attacked her

webfact

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogs are not meant to bite people and if they do they are considered dangerous. Domesticated dogs are meant to be able to take a bit of punishment without reacting violently, otherwise no family would feel safe having one with their children. A 3 year old girl is hardly capable of provoking this kind of reaction from a dog deemed safe to live among humans. This is the owner's responsibility and the girl is the victim. 

Surely, I do agree that the little girl is the victim, but why her parents allow her to play outside without any preconditions. If what happen if the girl fall into the river? So we blame the river? or what happen if she went up a tree and fall down? And we blame the tree? many many things can be happening, shouldn't her parents also need to be responsible? That's why I said " Both ". The owner of the dog also need to keep or lock to ensure that his dog can't come out from the house when they are not at home, nothing wrong with the dog and little girl.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Hold on a mo... 

The family owns several dogs but they were not around when a neighbor's dog got out and attacked his daughter

So he has a pack of dogs that he allows to roam the sois as they were 'not around' so this story could be about his pack biting another kid?

I bet his dogs still run free, Thainess at it's self centered purest.

I hope the little one recovers fully, best wishes to her.
Her father is an idiot, 3yr old playing unattended where there are cars and allowing his dogs to run free, he's every bit as bad as the idiot trying to justify his dog biting the kid.

Edited by Steiner

So easy to blame the dog 100%......because it can't defend itself.

People are to blame here.

3 year old should NOT be outside alone, parents fault.

Dog should NOT be outside alone, owner's fault.

My dogs do not go outside the gate alone but yes, they will bark at strangers in the soi (we live at the end of a cul-de-sac). They have never bitten anyone but if somebody threatened them or lashed out at them????? They could well get what they deserve.

I'm not saying the little girl lashed out at this dog but maybe, just maybe, she pulled it's tale or ears in what she thought playfulness but the dog did not appreciate it and simply snapped it's jaws, unfortunately making contact with the girl's face.

I think this is more likely than an unprovoked attack.

Having said that, many Thai people need educating to the fact that they should not leave their dog outside in the soi all day unless they are with it.

Predictably so many here make this an excuse to attack all of Thailand based on the crazy actions of one ignorant backwater idiot.  There are such people in America too, that raise attack dogs, particularly in rural villages where the police are staffed by insiders that might let their cousin Dickie get a pass.  Now I think Thailand is corrupt and inefficient, to a comical degree, but I also think that in order for it to change, not only do we need to enthusiastically mock the stupid stuff like this, but also to call out the ones working for positive change.  </end random soapbox> 

3 hours ago, remobb said:

Should a 3 year old be left alone in the first place? Ignorant parents. No excuse for a dog attack though. Also it is possible the little girl bit the dog first as little ones tend to bite while teething.

Bad parental care in my eyes.

However I do wish her a good recovery.

Good on you for blaming the victim even though she is only 3.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Kill the dog..owner pay all medical.his dog walked loose he is fully responsible.

My thoughts exactly..... just when you have thought you have heard it all, Thailand amazes yet again

I own dogs all my life and them never bit anybody but have been all killed by poison from sick people like you. what I should do? kill all the people I dislike? parents have to teach their kids to not play or hurt dogs they doesn't know. parents do not have to leave kids around without look at them, they could get hurt by anything car, motorbike, dogs, snakes, pedos or anything else. The dog attacked her was free around same as the dogs owned by the girl's father. dogs should be keep fenced at home to protect them first from people like you. 

Edited by Rimmer
Quoted reply of removed troll post removed

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And the owner of the dog knows this how?

Was he stood idly by watching as all this occurred?

I heard the dog told him, pleaded self defense.  Frivolity aside, firstly, the child should never have been left alone, secondly, the number of morons who cannot control their animals just highlights one of the many things that are wrong here in Thailand.  But then, many have trouble controlling their kids, so how can we expect them to have control over their dogs.  A real sad state of affairs.:wai:

1 hour ago, Anthony Loh said:

Surely, I do agree that the little girl is the victim, but why her parents allow her to play outside without any preconditions. If what happen if the girl fall into the river? So we blame the river? or what happen if she went up a tree and fall down? And we blame the tree? many many things can be happening, shouldn't her parents also need to be responsible? That's why I said " Both ". The owner of the dog also need to keep or lock to ensure that his dog can't come out from the house when they are not at home, nothing wrong with the dog and little girl.

Do you know if there is a river nearby or a tree that a 3 year old can climb and fall down or are you playing the what if game?

If you have small children you will understand that it is impossible to keep an eye on them 24/7.

It is the dog owners responsibility to ensure that the dog cannot escape but TiT.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Wanwichai said that at first the neighbor said he would take responsibility but after several hospital visits and the need for cosmetic surgery to avoid his daughter being scarred for life, Wanwichai said the neighbor had made no more contact with him.

Talk about a adding machine for a mind this guy loaded up all the costs and suddenly his mind went "Tilt" and he ran like a thief in the night. What scum. If you do not like the story "The bit the dog" I am sure by now he has dreamed up others. Push a selection button. 

Edited by elgordo38

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Do you know if there is a river nearby or a tree that a 3 year old can climb and fall down or are you playing the what if game?

If you have small children you will understand that it is impossible to keep an eye on them 24/7.

It is the dog owners responsibility to ensure that the dog cannot escape but TiT.

Impossible! Thing is possible  if you have plan and arrange, I do have two children with me and I'm always be the one who taking care  and worries for them as my Thai wife still live in the thai way as she are. Have you ever seen a thai working in the frame and just let her 3/4 years old kids running around near the river? Have you ever seen a thai playing with her phone and leave they kid running up and down the staircase in the shopping? and so........Anyway, to me is! When thing go wrong, don't always blame other first, asks yourself! What have you done in the first place.

41 minutes ago, Anthony Loh said:

Impossible! Thing is possible  if you have plan and arrange, I do have two children with me and I'm always be the one who taking care  and worries for them as my Thai wife still live in the thai way as she are. Have you ever seen a thai working in the frame and just let her 3/4 years old kids running around near the river? Have you ever seen a thai playing with her phone and leave they kid running up and down the staircase in the shopping? and so........Anyway, to me is! When thing go wrong, don't always blame other first, asks yourself! What have you done in the first place.

I share looking after our son who is now 12 with my wife. NOBODY can watch a child 24/7. What happens when you want to go to the toilet for example? Do you take the children with you? If one child goes in one direction or to another room and the other doesn't, do you split yourself in half to watch them both?

6 hours ago, remobb said:

Should a 3 year old be left alone in the first place? Ignorant parents. No excuse for a dog attack though. Also it is possible the little girl bit the dog first as little ones tend to bite while teething.

Bad parental care in my eyes.

However I do wish her a good recovery.

Another far left comment to counter the hang em high mob. 

Is there enough people left in the middle to make this a better world?

3 hours ago, Anthony Loh said:

Sad so. 

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Yay. Some sense. 

I share looking after our son who is now 12 with my wife. NOBODY can watch a child 24/7. What happens when you want to go to the toilet for example? Do you take the children with you? If one child goes in one direction or to another room and the other doesn't, do you split yourself in half to watch them both?

That is inside the house what I refer is outside the house. You can don't take my advice and live in your own way. But when thing happens, just don't cry.

The surprising thing about this story is that a Thai admitted to owning the offending dog!  Until the Government enacts legislation to make dog owners liable for the damage caused by their free-roaming pets this will continue to happen.  There are numerous examples of fatalities of motor cyclists knocked from their bikes by unattended dogs.

There should be a dope test before you can own a dog.  Only the dopes get to own a dog.

1 hour ago, NOWHERE said:

Yay. Some sense. 

RE "Surely, I do agree that the little girl is the victim, but why her parents allow her to play outside without any preconditions. If what happen if the girl fall into the river? So we blame the river? or what happen if she went up a tree and fall down? And we blame the tree? many many things can be happening, shouldn't her parents also need to be responsible? That's why I said " Both ". The owner of the dog also need to keep or lock to ensure that his dog can't come out from the house when they are not at home, nothing wrong with the dog and little girl"

Remember to blame Yourself when a dog attack you in Your own backyard - especially if the dog comes out of "nowhere"...;)

Edited by ttrd
Forgot the source

8 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

How else do you think you would eat them ?  Boil them for 5 hours and then just swallow the broth ?  The goodness by then would have been lost.

Actually no, after 5 hours all the goodness is in the broth.. I can see you've never lived lol