Unprocessed Chicken Sandwich Meat?

jbsears

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something about the thread title "unprocessed chicken sandwich meat, everything is pork here" that fuels our imaginations. A thread like this doesn't just happen, it's not like one of us sits down and types "pure poetry" like that. It has to be divinely inspired. To be a part of that magic is what drives us on.

There is something about the thread title "unprocessed chicken sandwich meat, everything is pork here" that fuels our imaginations. A thread like this doesn't just happen, it's not like one of us sits down and types "pure poetry" like that. It has to be divinely inspired. To be a part of that magic is what drives us on.

Exactly!

This is the hottest topic since " rain " I can see it lasting even longer if it does'nt get to out of hand.

What really gets me mad is the bad rap that pork is getting around here. Who wants to start with me on that? Bring it on chicken boy.

I guess there's no such thing as unprocessed ham :D

By defintion it must be processed.

But who makes the best ham in Thailand?

There's some pretty shitty stuff around and some pretty good stuff. Any recommendations?

It makes a change from unprocessed chicken meat sandwiches - now and again :o

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

I just wanted to add my name to the most ground breaking topic of 2006/2549. :o

What could be more important than making a good healthy sandwich. Finding good bread might be just as challenging.

Edited by tropo

I guess there's no such thing as unprocessed ham :D

By defintion it must be processed.

But who makes the best ham in Thailand?

There's some pretty shitty stuff around and some pretty good stuff. Any recommendations?

It makes a change from unprocessed chicken meat sandwiches - now and again :o

Depends on the definition of processed.

The ham comes from the leg of a hog, and the processing is actually only a curing process or deboning if you get a canned ham.

I haven't seen many hams available in Chiangmai, can find sliced ham for sandwiches. Thai-German brand is pretty good, now if I could only find some good cheese for my sandwich.

I am reviewing this thread because I am 15 minutes from lunch time and I'm starving, so it's way more interesting that anything happening in the deep South, or the New Airport or the CM flower show.....

now if I could only find some good cheese for my sandwich.

It's surprising you should say that you need to find good cheese. It's the easiest ingredient to find of all. I can find some great Dutch imported Gouda cheese at Foodland.....that's world famous and the ultimate in my book....although my Dutch heritage would make me a little biased that way.

now if I could only find some good cheese for my sandwich.

The New Zealand MAINLAND beand vintage cheddar is good enough for me. Not sure what you are used to, though.

I heard that one bro...the addition of this mature cheddar is the single best improvement to the offering at the Suphan tescos...cheese onion and tomato sarnys, ummmm, ummmm good

I tried to offer my stepdaughter some and she sniffed and recoiled in horror...

Shouldnt this be put in the food forum?

Anyways, real chicken and chicken snitzel is the only chicken you put on a sandwich.

All that other BS chicken stuff is crap, why eat crap for?

I suppose you missed the OP comment on "low fat". Chicken snitzel is loaded with fat.

I suppose you missed the OPs point about convenience. Who wants to track down a "real chicken" when they are hungry for a sandwich.

Catch a chicken, kill it, pluck it, butcher it, roast it, then carve it? You must be joking. :o:D:D

Shouldnt this be put in the food forum?

Anyways, real chicken and chicken snitzel is the only chicken you put on a sandwich.

All that other BS chicken stuff is crap, why eat crap for?

I suppose you missed the OP comment on "low fat". Chicken snitzel is loaded with fat.

I suppose you missed the OPs point about convenience. Who wants to track down a "real chicken" when they are hungry for a sandwich.

Catch a chicken, kill it, pluck it, butcher it, roast it, then carve it? You must be joking. :o:D:D

Who is going to butcher a chicken just to put it on your sanga?

Just buy a cooked chicken and put it on your bread.

Low fat chicken doesnt really mean its healthy, as seen in many instegations on alot of foods low fat means jack sh1t.

what's this stuff about 'low fat' chicken?...chicken is naturally low fat compared to other meats...the fat, low or otherwise is the result of the preparation...roasted? right on...stir fried without the skin? not bad...deep fried as in KFC with the whole gadget then look out! :o

has anyone noticed that it is impossible to make chicken salad using KFC chicken?...it's in the way that they dismemeber the boid...a deliberate attempt to frustrate chicken salad lovers everywhere.

Raise yer fist at the supposedly benign countenance of Col Sanders and howl...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

get outta here if you ain't got no chicken salad input

Well, it's a reach, but when I think of chicken salad this aways comes to mind:

Dupea: I'd like a plain omelette, no potatoes, tomatoes instead, a cup of coffee, and wheat toast.

Waitress: No substitutions.

Dupea: What do you mean? You don't have any tomatoes?

Waitress: Only what's on the menu. You can have a number two - a plain omelette. It comes with cottage fries and rolls.

Dupea: Yeah, I know what it comes with. But it's not what I want.

Waitress: Well, I'll come back when you make up your mind.

Dupea: Wait a minute. I have made up my mind. I'd like a plain omelette, no potatoes on the plate, a cup of coffee, and a side order of wheat toast.

Waitress: I'm sorry, we don't have any side orders of toast...an English muffin or a coffee roll.

Dupea: What do you mean you don't make side orders of toast? You make sandwiches, don't you?

Waitress: Would you like to talk to the manager?

Dupea: ...You've got bread and a toaster of some kind?

Waitress: I don't make the rules.

Dupea: OK, I'll make it as easy for you as I can. I'd like an omelette, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.

Waitress: A number two, chicken sal san, hold the butter, the lettuce and the mayonnaise. And a cup of coffee. Anything else?

Dupea: Yeah. Now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.

Waitress: You want me to hold the chicken, huh?

Dupea: I want you to hold it between your knees.

Waitress: Do you see that sign, sir? Yes, you'll all have to leave. I'm not taking any more of your smartness and sarcasm.

Dupea: You see this sign? [He sweeps all the water glasses and menus off the table]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

get outta here if you ain't got no chicken salad input

Well, it's a reach, but when I think of chicken salad this aways comes to mind:

Dupea: I'd like a plain omelette, no potatoes, tomatoes instead, a cup of coffee, and wheat toast.

Waitress: No substitutions.

Dupea: What do you mean? You don't have any tomatoes?

Waitress: Only what's on the menu. You can have a number two - a plain omelette. It comes with cottage fries and rolls.

Dupea: Yeah, I know what it comes with. But it's not what I want.

Waitress: Well, I'll come back when you make up your mind.

Dupea: Wait a minute. I have made up my mind. I'd like a plain omelette, no potatoes on the plate, a cup of coffee, and a side order of wheat toast.

Waitress: I'm sorry, we don't have any side orders of toast...an English muffin or a coffee roll.

Dupea: What do you mean you don't make side orders of toast? You make sandwiches, don't you?

Waitress: Would you like to talk to the manager?

Dupea: ...You've got bread and a toaster of some kind?

Waitress: I don't make the rules.

Dupea: OK, I'll make it as easy for you as I can. I'd like an omelette, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.

Waitress: A number two, chicken sal san, hold the butter, the lettuce and the mayonnaise. And a cup of coffee. Anything else?

Dupea: Yeah. Now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.

Waitress: You want me to hold the chicken, huh?

Dupea: I want you to hold it between your knees.

Waitress: Do you see that sign, sir? Yes, you'll all have to leave. I'm not taking any more of your smartness and sarcasm.

Dupea: You see this sign? [He sweeps all the water glasses and menus off the table]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you ain't foolin' no one...Five Easy Pieces with Jack Nicholson as the irresponsible cad Robert Dupea, directed by Bob Rafaelson circa 1970, nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars...

hard to put one over on 'ol tutsi...an excellent and memorable scene...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

There are unconfirmed reports that the Thaksin administration artificially manipulated the price of unprocessed chicken sandwich meat benefitting CP Foods a major contributor to TRT. Murshbags will be posting articles from the Bangkok Post and Nation ad nauseum as their qualified investigative jounalists fabricate, I mean, piece together the details of this reprehensible coverup. This kind of poultry politics has not surfaced internationally since the Clinton administration was propped up by Tyson Foods, headquarted in Little Rock, Arkansas.

There are unconfirmed reports that the Thaksin administration artificially manipulated the price of unprocessed chicken sandwich meat benefitting CP Foods a major contributor to TRT. Murshbags will be posting articles from the Bangkok Post and Nation ad nauseum as their qualified investigative jounalists fabricate, I mean, piece together the details of this reprehensible coverup. This kind of poultry politics has not surfaced internationally since the Clinton administration was propped up by Tyson Foods, headquarted in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Remember when Mr. T wanted to sell chickens to Russia for Airplanes?

I think this one escaped the OP, hence the lack of unprocessed chicken sandwich meat but back to the topic, everything is pork.

without havin' a go at little black waddlin' jerk offs and his obnoxious associates I say that the US is the home of the chicken salad/turkey salad sandwich. To the OP I'd say forget about US deli style sliced chicken/turkey breast...it don't exist in Thailand. However, there are plenty of places where you can get a whole roast chicken. Buy one for yer supper, eat half and pull the meat offa the bones of the other half and prepare chicken salad as you normally would for yer lunch the next day.

In the middle east arabs eat a lot of roast chicken and on the way home from work when I was single would get a whole one, hoummous, salad and arabic bread for about 3 dollars and do as described above...like the ads useta say about the US candy bar 'indescribably delicious'...

This is what your missing Goon!

img6920ow6.jpg

In less than 10 hours there has been 38 posts regarding unprocessed chicken sandwich meat! My god, do we have too much time on our hands or what? Oh dear, I'm the 39th.... Hi, my name is mdeland and I'm a expat forum addict. Welcome to the Sunday night Bangkok meeting of EFAA (Expat Forum Addicts Anonymous). Let's go around the forum and introduce ourselves, is there anyone at their first EFAA meeting ever?

I genuinly was not going to post here... I mean.. I hadn't even looked at this thread... What do i know about this, right? I've been out of the country for three years a tsunami and a coup... god know's what's happened to the chicken industry since I stopped eating delicious home made, home baked, unprocessed, fat rich chicken salad sandwiches at Jame's GH in Trat, and you'll know I post enough every where, but... Fourm is slow, full of the same spammer, so i thought i'd give it a look here....

Jesus, Allah and joseph.. I've never laughed so much over 85 posts as I have just now.. Theres not enough :D smilies for me to express my rolling around right now....I would have quoted all the posts, but as the forum won't allow it, and I'm seriously out of breath... I'll leave it at "isn't that photo Beef? Thank you :o

I always understood that Wimpy and MacDonalds hamburgers were specially sized and shaped so as to fit an Americans' hand..... or was it mouth??

No actually it was based upon the average IQ of an American, quite large.

I doubt it, cos their burgers are really rather small ;)

Yes, It will become all about Americans.

Somehow, I knew it would happen :o

Let the chicken war begin.........:D :D

Edit due to the fact, that I have a taste for fried duck.

get outta here if you ain't got no chicken salad input ye limey bastid...ain't never heard ob no duck salad sammiches...

an'...this ain't no brit bashing thread...'ol tutsi lived in the UK for 10 years an' I like greasy fry ups in the morning, roast dinners onna Sunday, a nice pint ob bitter down the pub wid de lads and etc. (I don't care about footie and cricket though, an' that probably makes me a fraud)

the OP simply wanted to know about chicken lunch meat and all of a sudden the cross of St James and the stars and stripes come out and the point gets lost entirely...

a simple sammich? or a metaphor for national pride? :D

OH! Thats it! The gloves are commin off!

I just wanted to add my name to the most ground breaking topic of 2006/2549. :bah:

Possibly the exact and only reason I'm posting here too...

Thus, the events of September 19th, 2006 will be forever known as the "Chicken Coup" of Thai political history.

Amen :bah: oh jesus.. somebody wipe my eyes from laughing so much... after you bake me a totally natural fat free chicken (OXYMORON ALERT!!!) and wipe my mouth for me !!

EFAA anon

kayo has no respect for chicken salad principles onna chicken salad thread...kayo must pay...

to the forum I say that there must be a collective effort to punish heathens, apostates and those that would corrupt the notion of a simple but tasty chicken salad sammich...are we not men???

What is the law?....how do ye know?

:o:D

kayo has no respect for chicken salad principles onna chicken salad thread...kayo must pay...

to the forum I say that there must be a collective effort to punish heathens, apostates and those that would corrupt the notion of a simple but tasty chicken salad sammich...are we not men???

What is the law?....how do ye know?

:o:D

If you prick me, do I not bleed...mayo?