Unprocessed Chicken Sandwich Meat?

jbsears

If you want it healthy, you would be farther ahead to buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the supermarket. Cook them in the microwave, slice them and store them in your refrigerator. Who knows what preservatives are in deli meat and especially worrying is how old it is.

excellent idea...I would suggest cooking the sliced chicken breasts stove top with garlic, onions, paprika, salt and pepper and a little broth. Put into the fridge overnight and prepare the chicken salad with a little mayo per usual next morning for sammiches.

fergit what them brits are suggesting...in england a meat salad sandwich consists of withered meat, with withered salad veg on withered bread...they ain't got a clue... and they put butter on the bread rather than mayo??? (Vincent Vega to Jules in Pulp Fiction describing inappropriate french fries cuisine with mayo on their fries in europe 'they do it, man...I seen them drown them in that stuff'...)

Ah.... such culinary supercilious superiority from the country that gave the world Macdonalds, Burger King and Kentucky Fried Chicken......

Pretty unhealthy obsession with sandwiches when you turn it into a Brit bashing thread, methinks :o

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want it healthy, you would be farther ahead to buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the supermarket. Cook them in the microwave, slice them and store them in your refrigerator. Who knows what preservatives are in deli meat and especially worrying is how old it is.

excellent idea...I would suggest cooking the sliced chicken breasts stove top with garlic, onions, paprika, salt and pepper and a little broth. Put into the fridge overnight and prepare the chicken salad with a little mayo per usual next morning for sammiches.

fergit what them brits are suggesting...in england a meat salad sandwich consists of withered meat, with withered salad veg on withered bread...they ain't got a clue... and they put butter on the bread rather than mayo??? (Vincent Vega to Jules in Pulp Fiction describing inappropriate french fries cuisine with mayo on their fries in europe 'they do it, man...I seen them drown them in that stuff'...)

Ah.... such culinary supercilious superiority from the country that gave the world Macdonalds, Burger King and Kentucky Fried Chicken......

Pretty unhealthy obsession with sandwiches when you turn it into a Brit bashing thread, methinks :o

a nice alliterative touch...and I must admit that I like a nice fish dinner from the chippie or a nice indian takeaway...so you guys ain't all bad.

(tutsi offers the olive branch before things escalate out of control...mods please take note)

without havin' a go at little black waddlin' jerk offs and his obnoxious associates I say that the US is the home of the chicken salad/turkey salad sandwich. To the OP I'd say forget about US deli style sliced chicken/turkey breast...it don't exist in Thailand. However, there are plenty of places where you can get a whole roast chicken. Buy one for yer supper, eat half and pull the meat offa the bones of the other half and prepare chicken salad as you normally would for yer lunch the next day.

In the middle east arabs eat a lot of roast chicken and on the way home from work when I was single would get a whole one, hoummous, salad and arabic bread for about 3 dollars and do as described above...like the ads useta say about the US candy bar 'indescribably delicious'...

Well if that's not having ago, I'd like to know what is. :D

And then you go on to repeat what the obnoxious associate has already said - twice :o

Original thought indeed from my country cousin :D

Yeah, I made the same observation when reading through that, thought maybe I'd missed something at first... :D

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I saw something which could be what the OP's after in the food hall in Central Chitlom the other say. I'm a bit confused though as I don't see how what you're describing has any advantage over taking a ready cooked whole chicken and slicing off the meat ready for a sandwich.

a nice alliterative touch...and I must admit that I like a nice fish dinner from the chippie or a nice indian takeaway...so you guys ain't all bad.

(tutsi offers the olive branch before things escalate out of control...mods please take note)

Sounds good to me - I can't resist a good olive :D

BTW the Brits claim to cullinary fame is that they gave Chicken tikka masala to the world - so they say.

But I guess it must have been an Indian with a British passport. :o

Hi Tuts..Little Black Waddling Jerk Off here..The OP was offered a heap of suggestions and told these things are not available here as are many of the things I love to eat.. Which he chose to ignore..One therefore wonders if he was serious... But since the Olive branch was offered It doesn't worry me what people call me so, You were man enough to offer..

Mobi I thank you for coming to my defense..

In less than 10 hours there has been 38 posts regarding unprocessed chicken sandwich meat! My god, do we have too much time on our hands or what? Oh dear, I'm the 39th.... Hi, my name is mdeland and I'm a expat forum addict. Welcome to the Sunday night Bangkok meeting of EFAA (Expat Forum Addicts Anonymous). Let's go around the forum and introduce ourselves, is there anyone at their first EFAA meeting ever?

Get off your high horse.

Burger King is a British company and don't forget Wimpy's Buger Bar. :o

We will claim Wimpy but not BurgerKing. It is an American company.

"I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

In less than 10 hours there has been 38 posts regarding unprocessed chicken sandwich meat! My god, do we have too much time on our hands or what? Oh dear, I'm the 39th.... Hi, my name is mdeland and I'm a expat forum addict. Welcome to the Sunday night Bangkok meeting of EFAA (Expat Forum Addicts Anonymous). Let's go around the forum and introduce ourselves, is there anyone at their first EFAA meeting ever?

do you offer chicken salad sammiches?

Get off your high horse.

Burger King is a British company and don't forget Wimpy's Buger Bar. :D

Brits might hold the shares ( although I seem to recall it was recently sold - maybe back to Yanks, not sure), but Burger King is 100% an American invention from top to bottom, and is run by the Yanks in every respect. It's just Brits holding (or did hold) a majority interest in a Yank company - it happens sometimes.

Your statement is a bit like saying HP sauce is French - because a Froggie company bought the company who make it. I don't think you'll find many French who would admit to being the country that gave HP sauce to the world.

Since when did we give Wimpy to the world? :D

Chicken Tikka masala maybe :D

High horses? - no :o

Just Googled: Burger King, an American company operating in 50 States, was acquired by Grand Metropolitan, a British company, in 1988. Since 2002 it has been back in American ownership.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Get off your high horse.

Burger King is a British company and don't forget Wimpy's Buger Bar. :o

We will claim Wimpy but not BurgerKing. It is an American company.

"I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

it has always puzzled me why an american animator for popeye cartoons had a plump englishman tying to cage hamburgers from unsympathetic americans...maybe this transatlantic culinary dichotomy that we have been discussing has greater and more profound implications...

My name is Neeranam and I'm a EFA - here are some steps that have helped me overcome my addiction;-

1. I admitted I was powerless over Thai Visa, my life had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than my ISP could restore me to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our keyboard and our monitor over to the care of the next person waiting to use the computer as we understood Him for the first time what they had been yelling at us "get the hel_l off the computer".

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves without the help of any search engine.

5. Admitted to our moderators, to ourselves and to another mundane human being the exact nature of our mistyped URL's.

6. Were entirely ready to have the mod's remove all these mistypes of characters.

7. Humbly asked them to remove our run on flame wars and dead-end threads.

8. Made a list of all persons we had flamed, and became reluctantly convinced to make other arguments with them all.

9. Made new topics for such people wherever possible, except when to do so would incite new wars with them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory still without the aid of any search engines and when we were wrong promptly looked for any excuse available.

11. Sought through beer and medication to improve our conscious contact with any living human being nearby as we understood their native tongue, praying only for some form of conversaton nearly as stimulating as to what we have become accustomed to on these forums.

12. Having had a reality check as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other hopeless geeks and to practice these principles in all our affairs online.

My name is Neeranam and I'm a EFA - here are some steps that have helped me overcome my addiction;-

1. I admitted I was powerless over Thai Visa, my life had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than my ISP could restore me to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our keyboard and our monitor over to the care of the next person waiting to use the computer as we understood Him for the first time what they had been yelling at us "get the hel_l off the computer".

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves without the help of any search engine.

5. Admitted to our moderators, to ourselves and to another mundane human being the exact nature of our mistyped URL's.

6. Were entirely ready to have the mod's remove all these mistypes of characters.

7. Humbly asked them to remove our run on flame wars and dead-end threads.

8. Made a list of all persons we had flamed, and became reluctantly convinced to make other arguments with them all.

9. Made new topics for such people wherever possible, except when to do so would incite new wars with them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory still without the aid of any search engines and when we were wrong promptly looked for any excuse available.

11. Sought through beer and medication to improve our conscious contact with any living human being nearby as we understood their native tongue, praying only for some form of conversaton nearly as stimulating as to what we have become accustomed to on these forums.

12. Having had a reality check as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other hopeless geeks and to practice these principles in all our affairs online.

Neeranam...get outta here, willya...I'm trying to enjoy my vodka and improve on my compelling expository technique...never could do that in collich!

I think we've found a way out... I sure hope these online meetings can cure our internet addiction

"90 meetings in 90 hours"

:o

To any omnipotent Mod - how about a new sub-forum - 'I use the internet too much forum'?

Our anonymous name can be 'friends of Bill G(ates)'

Edited by Neeranam

Do you know there was once a Wimpy bar in Bangkok?

Very tasty they were too, but I don't think they had any affiliation to the British Wimpys.

I guess they just stole the name :o

Yes they were over by the Erawan Hotel, Rajadamerie & Rama 1. It was there in 63, maybe 64. I prefered the hamburgers at JUSMAG though.

Get off your high horse.

Burger King is a British company and don't forget Wimpy's Buger Bar. :D

Wrong!!!

Founded in Florida (which I believe is America) 1954 :o

briefing_pic1.jpg

Behave!!

:D

relax, sweets...I already offered the olive branch and was accepted...the folks are just havin' a bit of fun. Maybe we got us another epic thread here...they all start out so innocently...chicken lunchmeat, how prosaic... :o:D

Edited by tutsiwarrior

briefing_pic1.jpg

Behave!!

relax, sweets...I already offered the olive branch and was accepted...the folks are just havin' a bit of fun. Maybe we got us another epic thread here...they all start out so innocently...chicken lunchmeat, how prosaic... :D:D

Yes, It will become all about Americans.

Somehow, I knew it would happen :o

Let the chicken war begin.........

Edit due to the fact, that I have a taste for fried duck.

Edited by Jeff1

briefing_pic1.jpg

Behave!!

relax, sweets...I already offered the olive branch and was accepted...the folks are just havin' a bit of fun. Maybe we got us another epic thread here...they all start out so innocently...chicken lunchmeat, how prosaic... :D:D

get outta here if you ain't got no chicken salad input ye limey bastid...ain't never heard ob no duck salad sammiches...

an'...this ain't no brit bashing thread...'ol tutsi lived in the UK for 10 years an' I like greasy fry ups in the morning, roast dinners onna Sunday, a nice pint ob bitter down the pub wid de lads and etc. (I don't care about footie and cricket though, an' that probably makes me a fraud)

the OP simply wanted to know about chicken lunch meat and all of a sudden the cross of St James and the stars and stripes come out and the point gets lost entirely...

a simple sammich? or a metaphor for national pride? :D

briefing_pic1.jpg

Behave!!

get outta here if you ain't got no chicken salad input ye limey bastid...ain't never heard ob no duck salad sammiches...

an'...this ain't no brit bashing thread...'ol tutsi lived in the UK for 10 years an' I like greasy fry ups in the morning, roast dinners onna Sunday, a nice pint ob bitter down the pub wid de lads and etc. (I don't care about footie and cricket though, an' that probably makes me a fraud)

the OP simply wanted to know about chicken lunch meat and all of a sudden the cross of St James and the stars and stripes come out and the point gets lost entirely...

OH! Thats it! The gloves are commin off!

I know exactly what you are talking about. It's also available at most Australian delis. I also love the convenience of good sliced chicken or turkey ready to make a quick sandwich. I'm also not into the highly processed bologna.

I get some nice rare roast beef at Foodland in Pattaya. I'll have another close look next time I go there.

briefing_pic1.jpg

Behave!!

OH! Thats it! The gloves are commin off!

national pride and fisticuffs are mutually exclusive except in the case of football hooligans...(chicken salad hooligans...a new addition to the lexicon courtesy of thaivisa.com)