My visa will expire tomorrow....

I am posting just because today i am still with high fever, so i am not sure if tomorrow i can go to immigration. My visa will expire tomorrow 10 of March. If i will go on Monday to extend, i will be fine as overstay?

If for any reason i will have a check of my passport on Saturday and Sunday, can i be arrested?

You should be able to apply on Monday, but you'll be charged for the 3 day overstay.

You could get arrested, but it's highly unlikely, and as you qualify for an extension of stay it's unlikely that you'd be prosecuted as long as you paid for the overstay/extension.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Get a note from a doctor, it is your duty not to expose other people to infection so you can not attend at immigration even if you are capable.

The application for an extension for medical reasons will need to be filed *before* his visa expires, though.

4 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Get a note from a doctor, it is your duty not to expose other people to infection so you can not attend at immigration even if you are capable.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

He didnt say he has an infectious disease and immigration will not care if he is half dead, they apply rules based on laws and in this case the law say he must renew today or leave the country. No TV member can change the law or its implementation, with snowflake comments like this you will cause people to be send to  jail.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ian1980 said:

If for any reason i will have a check of my passport on Saturday and Sunday, can i be arrested?

Your claim that you're too sick to go to immigrations until Monday might seem a little disingenuous if you're then out and about on Saturday or Sunday some place the police might stop you.

18 hours ago, Ian1980 said:

My visa will expire tomorrow 10 of March.

Hopefully you're talking about your permission to stay given you by immigrations and not the visa you used to enter the country. Visa expiration and expiration of permission to stay are two different things.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Once the visa or extension of stay has expired an extension is not possible.

A visa is never extended.

A permit to stay can be extended after the fine for an overstay is paid if it is only a few days.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Assuming he has an infectious disease, and we don't know that, he would put as many people at risk using transport to the doctor and sitting with other patients waiting to see the doctor.

Pretty sure immigrations would dismiss a note from just any doctor since they usually require it to come from a specific hospital in the area and it needs to be presented before his permission to stay ends. Immigrations may choose to accept the excuse, but it isn't a sure thing and, again, if he were up to paying a visit to a doctor he could probably just as easily visit immigrations.

2 hours ago, tgeezer said:

You people certainly love casting us all as criminals don't you? People become too ill to travel, genuinely, it isn't exceptional, the Chief of Police may well make exceptions, after checking with this forum of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

They don't make exceptions.

You are naive 

4 hours ago, tgeezer said:

You people certainly love casting us all as criminals don't you? People become too ill to travel, genuinely, it isn't exceptional, the Chief of Police may well make exceptions, after checking with this forum of course!

the issue would be with immigration not the police. 

On 3/9/2017 at 10:06 AM, Anthony Loh said:

Yes, you will be arrested if you are stopped by the police or immigration outside after 10 of march midnight, my advice is better go and renew it tomorrow before the immigration office hours.

Why do you like to scare people?  It is possible he could be arrested, but not a given. So maybe you should word it differently and say it's possible to get arrested if caught instead of making a firm statement "yes, you will be arrested"   

• Like 1

the issue would be with immigration not the police. 

Which just shows how much you know. The Chief of Police sits on the Immigration Commission also The Immigration Act gives the Chief of Police the discretion to set the conditions to implement the Act. He delegates his authority to The Immigration Officers who we deal with. We have the right of appeal to the Immigration Commission as a last resort.

Why do you like to scare people?  It is possible he could be arrested, but not a given. So maybe you should word it differently and say it's possible to get arrested if caught instead of making a firm statement "yes, you will be arrested"   

Do you understand the meaning of " IF " ?

a friend of mine went in the day AFTER his extension expired here in Phuket.

Immigration told him he has to start over, then they asked How much would it be for him to fly to Penang, stay at hotel  2 nights etc etc.

and they settled on a "gift" of 10,000 baht.

Moral;   dont leave it to the last day ( or even week)

on being arrested, in 32 years here i have only been asked ONCE for my passport other than at immigration and at the time it was in bangkok at an embassy getting a visa.

But than if u drink and ur out and about at a bar that is raided....

• Like 2

On 3/10/2017 at 2:50 PM, Jeffrey346 said:

My rule of thumb when it comes to Thai Immigration,  never wait till the last minute. I do my 90 day and Visa extension a week in advance...

I always do my visa extension 45 days in advance. Which has always been the case. You dont have to give a reason.

23 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Which just shows how much you know. The Chief of Police sits on the Immigration Commission also The Immigration Act gives the Chief of Police the discretion to set the conditions to implement the Act. He delegates his authority to The Immigration Officers who we deal with. We have the right of appeal to the Immigration Commission as a last resort.

Thanks Didnt know that.