Glass Film

11 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

Should be banned.

I notice most of the people driving without lights at night have dark tint. It obscures visibility so much they can't tell their 

headlights are on or off. Doubt they can see pedestrians either. And as a frequent one of those, unable to make eye contact. There

are situations when crossing such vehicles, I can't tell if they see me, or sometimes if the vehicle is even running and is just parked.

Dealer offered me tint, don't want it Factory glazing on HR-V good enough.  AC strong enough for a small home, run 5 minutes, Icebox.

If their visibility is so bad, wouldn't they think to check to see if their lights are on?  Or are you suggesting they turn the lights on and off and they cant tell any difference so they leave them off?  More likely the operator of the vehicle is drunk.  Almost every car pulled over at night without the lights on is driven by a drunk driver.

Why would you care if they made eye contact with you?  Making eye contact would not make their actions any more predictable. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 If their visibility is so bad, wouldn't they think to check to see if their lights are on?  Or are you suggesting they turn the lights on and off and they cant tell any difference so they leave them off?  More likely the operator of the vehicle is drunk.  Almost every car pulled over at night without the lights on is driven by a drunk driver.

Why would you care if they made eye contact with you?  Making eye contact would not make their actions any more predictable. 

Why do Folks bother to defend the stuff We know you love for its cosmetic,just grow some balls and admit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Why do Folks bother to defend the stuff We know you love for its cosmetic,just grow some balls and admit it.

Yes, some should grow some balls and deal with the fact that everyone has different likes/dislikes instead of rolling out the same dribble time and time again.

9 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

With a VLT of 11% would this film be listed as 11 or 89 ?

As you know well ...CR90 has a very high VLT.

But films listed as 80 can also have a very low VLT ...

And the reason is ........☺

9 hours ago, 1BADDAT said:

More likely the operator of the vehicle is drunk ?

More likely the operator of the vehicle is Thai !

17 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

I am not defending anything and I don't even have window tint on my car.    I am just applying logic.  Simple logic.  Something that is very difficult for some posters to follow.  Much better to just spout off nonsense about balls to prove a point. 

8 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Perhaps if you had lost someone due to Heavy Tints and big headed puppies driving with arrogance,a less nonsensical reply would be understandable

Condolences of the loss of a loved one,  you should have had them remove the dangerous tint !!

12 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Perhaps if you had lost someone due to Heavy Tints and big headed puppies driving with arrogance,a less nonsensical reply would be understandable

What is the problem of losing anyone ? As long as insurance pays...

18 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

The more times I read this, the more i have no idea what you are trying to say.  But maybe that was your intention.

48 minutes ago, 1BADDAT said:

The more times I read this, the more i have no idea what you are trying to say.  But maybe that was your intention.

5 of his family members were on a pushbike riding in the middle of the road and were hit by a vehicle and died. the vehicle had tinted windows so it is to blame.

1 hour ago, tomultmann said:

At night you will think you are looking at a mirror. You will need to open the driver/passenger window to see anything. Very dangerous.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What is?

Very unfortunately there has been a lot of miss-information presented in this topic.

You cannot argue against the fact that adding a window film will make the view look darker. However a person with good eyesight and window film may very well see clearer that one whose eyesight is not so good.

This will the third lot of quality window film that we have purchased. The first been Lamina Special Series, the next SolarFX. This one will be Cardinal Premium Ceramic Seven Series identified as L or 50.

It gives the same clarity of view as Cardinal Premium Ceramic Tuxedo 40.  But better total solar energy rejection and 99% rejection of both IR and UV whereas Tux40 only rejects 76% IR

So the number that the film goes by is not always a good guide to clarity of view.

As our windows are tinted we asked the company to put a piece of ‘L’ on the passenger side so that we could judge its effect on night vision. They probably did this for us as we told them we met the owner of the company at the Motor Show. I don’t think every company will do this.

We will more than likely put a higher number on the rear window and the rear side windows.

I also believe that the clarity will be better still when all the window film is on as the inside will be considerably darker than when we took the pictures

20170330_115708.jpg.b3276752aef664c2525b495f93d2518c.jpg

20170330_200206.jpg.b511fae4683c591323cb053d1a7dd8f8.jpg

20170330_200306.jpg.322a5afbb5d82d7fc85c2a711d227502.jpg

Hope this helps someone....

Archived