Glass Film

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will not have issues with the police.  It is not illegal and even if there is legislation it is never enforced. There were plans to make the very dark tints illegal some years ago but that was abandoned after it was realised that all police vehicles with their almost opaque tints had to have it removed also.  At that stage it was decided to let things remain as they were. 

On 10/03/2017 at 1:35 PM, giddyup said:

Why do you think they make very dark film illegal?

It's not illegal.  Ever heard a report of anyone being warned about using it never mind being done for having it?  Ever seen police vehicles' windows?

Picked up a new car and tint film was pre-installed. I was asked if I prefer without I said No.

Personally I like that drivers cannot easily see a "farang" driving, makes you less of a target for some who think its an "opportunity".

On 10/03/2017 at 10:05 AM, giddyup said:

How do you expect to see out of 80%. Ever been in an undergound car park with dark film, or driving at night? Crazy!

On 10/03/2017 at 10:12 AM, Ace of Pop said:

Give up Giddy it's a Kids Fashion Statement,goes with the Ghetto Wheels..3M s clear is a pleasure after that gunge emoji872.pngemoji872.png

Why do posters who very clearly just don't like dark tints (or the people that sit behind them) always insist that it is virtually impossible to see through them when those that do exercise their right to have the tint know that it's use does not make visibility impossible 90% of the time? 

21 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Why do posters who very clearly just don't like dark tints (or the people that sit behind them) always insist that it is virtually impossible to see through them when those that do exercise their right to have the tint know that it's use does not make visibility impossible 90% of the time? 

It's the 10% that gets you killed. Never said it was impossible to see through, but it has to cut down on visibility in certain light conditions. Anyone who says different is not being honest.

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It's the 10% that gets you killed. Never said it was impossible to see through, but it has to cut down on visibility in certain light conditions. Anyone who says different is not being honest.

I didn't say that you said it was impossible to see through that type of tint but you did suggest that 80% was impossible to see through with your comment "how do you expect to see through 80%?"

The 10% of the time that visibility is drastically reduced more than likely won't "get you killed", you'd probably be in a very dark place driving very slowly.

34 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

I didn't say that you said it was impossible to see through that type of tint but you did suggest that 80% was impossible to see through with your comment "how do you expect to see through 80%?"

The 10% of the time that visibility is drastically reduced more than likely won't "get you killed", you'd probably be in a very dark place driving very slowly.

Do what you want, your life. Unless you hit somebody else because you don't see them of course.

Just now, giddyup said:

Do what you want, your life. Unless you hit somebody else because you don't see them of course.

There you go again, I can see through my tints, that was the point of my original comment!

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

When does does it kill me ?

I wanted the tints on the side windows because my kids sit there...when we go to the beach...i spend half my time trying to stick an inadequate sun shade on the window..which always falls off....we travel a lot and i thought the tinted film might reduce the sunlight in tje car and make it more comfortable

7 minutes ago, battersea said:

I wanted the tints on the side windows because my kids sit there...when we go to the beach...i spend half my time trying to stick an inadequate sun shade on the window..which always falls off....we travel a lot and i thought the tinted film might reduce the sunlight in tje car and make it more comfortable

You can try 40% on the front and front doors and 60-80% on the rear doors and back. I have that on my swift and it works well. Keep the windscreen as light as possible for night driving. 

Haven't a clue what % mine is, Toyota put it on, they had a selection to choose from, I chose blue to match the body colour. Fitted all round but only the top 6 inches of the screen, just above eye level.

When pulling out of side streets at night where the street lighting is poor I have to open the side windows as a car or bike with no lights can be missed. Where I am these clowns are abundant.

If you or I were to have an accident because you did not see one of these clowns just remember you ain't in farangland trying to sort it out..

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Haven't a clue what % mine is, Toyota put it on, they had a selection to choose from, I chose blue to match the body colour. Fitted all round but only the top 6 inches of the screen, just above eye level.

When pulling out of side streets at night where the street lighting is poor I have to open the side windows as a car or bike with no lights can be missed. Where I am these clowns are abundant.

If you or I were to have an accident because you did not see one of these clowns just remember you ain't in farangland trying to sort it out..

leave the windows up, lock the doors and call the insurance company.

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

leave the windows up, lock the doors and call the insurance company.

The point was that he couldn't see an unlit car or motorbike unless he rolled down the side windows.

21 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

A motorbike or car that runs into the side of you is in the wrong.

You really don't get it do you? The point is he can't see the car or motorbike unless he winds down the window.

Archived