Condo Purchase Website

eric1000

a pal of mine and myself wouldnt mind looking at a condo purchase but we are concerned at the lousy construction of the building servcices in the building.

This blue plastic pipework set in concrete and set to leak at some later stage is what's worrying. Normally pipes are made of steel or copper and welded or soldered and then pressure tested before being used .

Leaking waste pipework is another concern , as is lousy cabling in the building.

what we want to know is , how can we be sure about these building construction ?.

Is there some sort of certification available of the buildings construction , as regards , cabling ,pipework and A/C instalation ? could we check on this somehow with the construction company thru the sales people ? Could we get some sort of guarentee so that we would not get embroiled in some problems at a later date ?

The better quality malls have good building services but the condos dont appear to be built to the same standards ,shoddy workmanship appears to prevail.

In my own experience with a dozen or so different so-called Class A buildings, you have already grasped the first half of the essential point in understanding the condominum purchase process here in Thailand. The second half is that you either llearn to ive with it or dyou on't buy a condo.

While some buildings are better than others, it's not generally by all that much. On the whole, construction here is shoddy and slipshod, designed primarily to cut as many corners as possible in order to maximize the developers short-term profits. There is no premium for buidling a long-term reputation as a quality developer.