Cable HD and digital tuner lip sync issues

bobbin

A few days ago I made a post in the Pattaya forum about my issues with a new LG UHD tv. Almost all of the foreign language HD (not really, as it's 1080i) channels had a lip sync problem. Thai language HD channels were fine but I'm not a conspiracy nut... :smile:  The LG could not resolve them using the built in AV Sync setting.  Bypassing the built-in digital tuner and using a digital tuner set-top box solved the problem. However, I balked at that solution for a new tv and returned the LG yesterday. It was a 49in. on sale for 17,199 baht. 

The return experience was not painless. The LG rep said I didn't know how to use the AV Sync setting and insisted on coming to my home to "adjust it". He could not, got angry and said it was ok to return it.

While returning it I saw that there is now a sale on the TCL 49in. UHD for 15,299.  When I bought the LG the TCL was 17,300 so I thought I would be getting a better tv by buying the LG for the same price. I have no problem with TCL. I have had 3 of them over the years.

My dilemma is that I would like to buy the TCL and save 2000 baht but the Big store does not have cable. So I have to buy it and wait to see how good the digital tuner is when I get it home. If it also has problems syncing the digital channels I will have to return it and will probably be banned from the store! :shock1:  Seriously, I now know that this is not an uncommon problem with HD broadcasting due to the large difference in data streams.

Can anyone contribute their experiences with digital tuner equipped television?