Building Home In Baan Thepkeeree

chuckd

We are currently building a home in Baan Thepkeeree, which is on the Udon Thani/Loei highway.

It is 39 kilometers west of Nong Bua Lumphu and 88 kilometers west of Udon Thani.

Any members living in this general vicinity? :o

• 1 month later...

I am probably off your usual 'beaten track', but if you (or any other reader) is going up Highway 2 from Khon Kaen to Udon, give me a call.

I live just 400 metres off the Highway, in Amphoe Non Sa-at, 64 km north of KK and 54 km south of Udon.

Ring 0833 422 609 to see if I am at home to offer you a beer or a mug of tea.

I have found a great source of excellent apple pies in KK and am passing on the details to anybody who PMs me.

Small world, yes I live in Baan ThepKeeree. I've been in the Na Klang area for some 10 years now.

I'm about 2kms from the main junction on the left hand side - turn right at the junction (school and AC repair shop on the junction) if you are travelling from Udon going towards Erawan. The house is on the left side just past the juction to the Bang Fai ThepKeeree location.

Most of the locals know the house Ban Falang - Khun Steve.

I'm currently overseas working in Libya but I'll be home late Feb.

PM me if you like.

Rgds,

Steve (Rocket)

Small world, yes I live in Baan ThepKeeree. I've been in the Na Klang area for some 10 years now.

I'm about 2kms from the main junction on the left hand side - turn right at the junction (school and AC repair shop on the junction) if you are travelling from Udon going towards Erawan. The house is on the left side just past the juction to the Bang Fai ThepKeeree location.

Most of the locals know the house Ban Falang - Khun Steve.

I'm currently overseas working in Libya but I'll be home late Feb.

PM me if you like.

Rgds,

Steve (Rocket)

Steve:

Small world, indeed. I bought the land immediately in front of your brother-in-law's place some 300-400 meters from your new home. I am impressed with your place. It is quite spacious and looks good. Mine will be somewhat less palatial, being only 160 Sq. meters living space. We did buy 1.8 rai of land though so I think it will be comfortable.

My wife tells me your in-laws know her parents and probably her as well.

We are leaving Saudi (where I work) the first week in February and will probably go up-country around the 11th or 12th. We own a home in Pattaya as well but I want to check on the progress of the building up-country.

I will PM you some more details.

I look forward to meeting the other farang in ThepKeeree. If I can do anything in advance of your visit, let me know via PM.

My wife and i have just built a new home in Sok Pla Dok (Nong Bua Rawe)I have yet to see it other than pics.my wifes father has a farm there and has been overseeing the build.It is now complete and my wife and i , my 2 sisters, and brothers in law and my 2 best friend will travel from Canada to there March 10 for a traditional Thai wedding ceremony.if you hear the noise..come on in .Not sure what road it is on exactly , but if you take the bus from Bkk to Chaiyapum , you go right past it.Its right beside my sister in laws house before the bridge.I will post pics of it when we return.We hope to retire to it in another 5 years.(the posted pic is of my inlaws)Maybe you have see the work going on! Cheers...Gary & Suchitta

post-26503-1169387140_thumb.jpg

Edited by lowerlakeside