Brian the Cameroonian English teacher gets a D minus - deportation minus a job.

rooster59

Just getting more and more tired. I try to explain it this way for you. Below example sentences taken from Cambridge dictionary (The blue explaination is mine):

I'm not blaming you - we all make mistakes.   (Here somebody has made somebody aware of a mistake, which he didn´t know or can´t be blamed for.) This letter's full of spelling mistakes.  (This person did clearly not make these mistakes being aware of them. That´s why they are mistakes!) I've discovered a few mistakes in your calculations.   (This person did not calculate wrong on purpose. That´s why it is a mistake) Why am I under arrest? There must be some mistake.  (This person is not aware of why he is under arrest, and therefore believe it´s a mistake)

Conclusion: This cambodian must have been aware of that his passport included a visa that was another persons. Therefore it is not a mistake!

Which Cambodian?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was just looking to get him a better live for himself and send some cash to his family.

And many are good teachers and have a motivation to be so.

I been in many African countries, at the moment in Ivory coast and I thank god every day that I been born at the right place, and don't have a daily struggle as most do in this part off the world.

So, yes I feel sorry for him that he couldn't fulfill his dream, as we all have.

1 hour ago, roo860 said:
1 hour ago, Get Real said:
Conclusion: This cambodian must have been aware of that his passport included a visa that was another persons. Therefore it is not a mistake!

Which Cambodian?

the Cambodian from Cameroon of course :smile:

30 minutes ago, needforspeed said:

He was just looking to get him a better live for himself and send some cash to his family.

And many are good teachers and have a motivation to be so.

I been in many African countries, at the moment in Ivory coast and I thank god every day that I been born at the right place, and don't have a daily struggle as most do in this part off the world.

So, yes I feel sorry for him that he couldn't fulfill his dream, as we all have.

So, now we feel sorry for people that cheat the system. Was that cheaper for him in some way, so he had to struggle less?? No!
Was just his illegal and wrong way of trying to achieve a goal.

17 minutes ago, Get Real said:

So, now we feel sorry for people that cheat the system. Was that cheaper for him in some way, so he had to struggle less?? No!
Was just his illegal and wrong way of trying to achieve a goal.

Maybe, or a illegal way to stay alive.

23 hours ago, chainarong said:

Oz just had a doctor,   who , would you believe  practiced for 10 years on someone else's stolen identity from England,  so good ol Brian from Cameroon was in there with a chance for awhile, who knows he might have ended up as the best Engish teacher Thailand has ever seen......................................:cheesy:

Scams are everywhere....

https://collegetimes.co/webster-university-thailand-corruption-fraud/

note that Andrew Drummond's site has not been blocked in Thailand ...hmmmm

On 3/11/2017 at 6:58 AM, ezzra said:

A Cameroonian to teach English, yeah right, and than everybody asks

why is Thai students English sucks.....

Remarking on another's poor English demands a grammatically correct response.........

6 hours ago, geronimo said:

Remarking on another's poor English demands a grammatically correct response.........

:clap2:

On 11/03/2017 at 6:58 AM, ezzra said:

What a racist comment. And by the way, your English is terrible. Maybe you should take a few lessons from Brian.

I find this a sensible idea.

Assuming, of course, they all have the proper qualifications.

It's good to get used to English pronounced with different accents.

I remember my first business trip to the US as a fresh graduate who had been taught Oxford English (yes, much of this is lost now, I realise this). I was having real trouble communicating.

I also remember the first time I had to be part of a project involving Indian engineers...

On 3/11/2017 at 2:02 PM, johng said:

The new militarily appointed "article 44 mayor" of Pattaya has has said he wants to change the sin/sex city image and attract "high end tourist and families"

I think he's got a monumental job to do because high ends expect hi end infrastructure,not potholed roads,un walkable sidewalks,rabid soi dogs,garbage dumped everywhere,waste water disposed of into the sea in designated swimming areas,a Marina that was broken before it ever opened,taxis that won't use the meter and horrendous traffic jams every weekend.

Once all those and more are fixed I'm sure some high ends would come for the sin and sex.

On 3/11/2017 at 3:57 PM, Shawn0000 said:

From the OED;

mistake, n.

d. concr. In predicative use: something chosen through an error of judgement; a badly selected thing, a regrettable choice.

Got it now?

The Cambodian passport got arrested with an African teacher? That's strange though.

A very intelligent comment. Do Germans hire Brits, or Americans to teach English?

Those without mistakes are allowed to throw the first stone. You aren't. 

I had a Cameroonian colleague more than ten years ago and his English was brilliant.

Does the color of the skin have anything to do with the language ability? 

Do you really want to know how many really serious mistakes you made in your one sentence post?  

Edited by ajarngreg

8 minutes ago, Naam said:

let's recapitulate:

the Cambodian passport of a Cameroonian gentleman was by mistake arrested and that's why the English language proficiency of young Thai students sucks. :laugh:

Nope. It really seems that you’re not a native lecher. The passport was originally from a Cambodian who changed it into a Cameroonian.

Brian, who’s actually from Nigeria thought that too many brothers are scamming single Thai women who’re seeking companionship and decided to buy a stamp with a fake visa from a Vietnamese broker who was really broke.

Brian is innocent.  

31 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

Nope. It really seems that you’re not a native lecher. The passport was originally from a Cambodian who changed it into a Cameroonian.

...by marrying a Ghanaian and that was a fake visa mistake.

24 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

So called European teachers have been teaching English here for over 70 years. Nothing to show for it. Thais still suck at English. These Cameroonians  wouldn't do any worse. 

14 minutes ago, Naam said:

...by marrying a Ghanaian and that was a fake visa mistake.

Yep, but the Ghanaian was actually from the Ivory coast. 

2 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

What has that got to do with my post. Fact is Europeans have failed to teach Thais English.After more than half a century and zero output, it's maybe time others have a go at it.Besides, those years when Thais  thought  Europeans are god-sent are long gone.In southern Thailand most schools now prefer non Europeans. Reliable and not drunks. 

And cheaper - which is perhaps more to the point!

2 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

So called European teachers have been teaching English here for over 70 years. Nothing to show for it. Thais still suck at English. These Cameroonians  wouldn't do any worse. 

so you didn't get the job then?

17 minutes ago, JAG said:

And cheaper - which is perhaps more to the point!

I would say smart investing by southern schools is more to the point. Why pay a higher wage for the same result? Why pay a higher wage to a non performing so called native(even if hes from Bulgaria) when you can cut costs,achieve the same result and have an added bonus of an employee who actually turns up for work every Monday sober.

I truly hope that he won't be blacklisted in Thailand. The life of Brian might be a difficult one. If not worse. Or both.

Where's Brian now? 

And here's a dialog between Brian and an Immigration officer:

Brian: Excuse me. Are you the Judean People's Front?

Immigration officer I: Fragg off! 'Judean People's Front'. We're the People's Front of Judea! 'Judean People's Front'.

Immigration head officer, Mr. Somchai:: <deleted>.

Please read an older thread of this honorable forum:    

Edited by ajarngreg

22 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

Or maybe the salary is higher than what they could get back in Cameroon. Or maybe it's enough because they don't hop to Phuket or Pattaya every other weekend on a 30000baht  salary. Or unlike Europeans, they aren't fakes who blow their salaries on Thai bar girls.

Americans, Africans, Australians, Asians do not use the short time advantages then? 

Edited by ajarngreg