Underage in gogo

randymarsh

Anyone suggesting this is cultural and therefore should just be accepted is laughable.  These are go go bars targeted at farang.   

Anyway I will leave it.  I'm just surprised it can happen in even the most high profile of places.  

13 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

- Underage girls in Pattaya (or elsewhere), sadly yes they exist.

- 15 yo? News proved they can be found too, usually in small lost dark bars or clubs

- 17 yo girls in agogos, yes again, mainly because the "grey area" Thai people built with "I am in my 18th year" kind of expressions...

- 15 yo in a major WS agogo? I call that BS! Owners/Managers will not put a successful business at risk this way. A 17yo can lie to the mamasan and use the ID card of her 18 or 19yo sister (it happened) but a 15yo... no way.

So, you think a 15 year old with an older sister's ID would be caught and a 17 year old in the same situation would not?

51 minutes ago, randymarsh said:

Anyone suggesting this is cultural and therefore should just be accepted is laughable.  These are go go bars targeted at farang.   

Anyway I will leave it.  I'm just surprised it can happen in even the most high profile of places.  

You seem to think there aren't underage girls working in Thai karaoke bars, targeted specifically at Thais. How long have you lived here?

1 hour ago, randymarsh said:

Randy,  you think you've got the high ground. We have no ground at all in this country. Some 20 or so people have told you the same thing in different words, people who have been here for, in some cases, decades.  We do not condone it with our replies but it's NONE of our business. More important, there's nothing we can do about this issue or any other issue. Point blank. Full stop. We are guests here and are not welcome to insinuate ourselves into  local affairs. But I'm glad to see you "will leave it."  It's the better path by far.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

3 hours ago, randymarsh said:

Little wonder we are always reading of one of you Brits or another getting yourselves in one jackpot after another with your superior sense of colonization. Empires over buddy. 

20 hours ago, Denim said:

Odd thread. You go to a town famed for its seedy prostitution then get offended by some of the goings on.

If you want to take the moral high ground avoid low lying areas.

+1

You really need to mind your own business!

Most young women came to the big cities, because they and their families were and are currently suffering deep poverty and very hungry. More and more have lost their jobs and even the farmers are struggling now.

They are desperate for money so they come so they can provide for themselves, for their family and friends.

Most working ladies will tell you most understand the problems, and 'nobody really cares,' 

By the way, it's not illegal for a Thai man to have sex with a Thai women under 18,  however she has the option to file a complaint at a later date if  he misbehaves.  As I recall, I believe the cut off age for Thais is 15.

Your not a policeman, not a citizen and you probably don't have a clue about extreme poverty, the laws,  and the challenges that many face here.

If your actions close the bar, more will be out of work and all their families will suffer.  You will also piss off a lot of expats and citizens.

Your a guest, so behave like one!

Edited by Kabula

9 hours ago, randymarsh said:

I doubt very much she looks underage, so naturally it can happen, whether it be a gogo bar aimed at tourists or karaoke bar for locals.

2 hours ago, Kabula said:

You really need to mind your own business!

Most young women came to the big cities, because they and their families were and are currently suffering deep poverty and very hungry. More and more have lost their jobs and even the farmers are struggling now.

They are desperate for money so they come so they can provide for themselves, for their family and friends.

Most working ladies will tell you most understand the problems, and 'nobody really cares,' 

By the way, it's not illegal for a Thai man to have sex with a Thai women under 18,  however she has the option to file a complaint at a later date if  he misbehaves.  As I recall, I believe the cut off age for Thais is 15.

Your not a policeman, not a citizen and you probably don't have a clue about extreme poverty, the laws,  and the challenges that many face here.

If your actions close the bar, more will be out of work and all their families will suffer.  You will also piss off a lot of expats and citizens.

Your a guest, so behave like one!

To ba fair, it is illegal for a Thai man (or anyone) to pay for sex with someone under 18.

As other posters have said - stay out of it.

And do you really think the local police are going to do much? Brown envelopes plus "influential persons" come to mind here.

I f you want to get your own back - pee into a headwind!  :cheesy:

4 hours ago, randymarsh said:

theres a difference between seedy and illegal

anyway, forget it.  END OF THREAD.

So now I will close the topic, maybe next time you are in Thailand you will be able to pursue the matter further

//CLOSED//