DSI to form special task force to hunt Phra Dhammachayo

rooster59

DSI to form special task force to hunt Phra Dhammachayo

47_Wat.jpg

As defiant monks and followers of Phra Dhammachayo have started to back off after weeks of standoff, and some have withdrawn from Dhammakaya temple, the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) will continue to locate the fugitive monk until he is brought to trial.

Special task force to find him will be set up after the DSI proposes the scrapping of the order that has declared Dhammakaya a control area.

DSI director-general Pol Col Paisit Wongmuang disclosed today s special team would be formed to look for the running monk.

He said that yesterday’s search of two suspected zones, A and B, failed to find him.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dsi-form-special-task-force-hunt-phra-dhammachayo/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-11

Given the robustness of the Thai military security apparatus I suspect that they will eventually find him, if they really want to (now).

Interesting that they haven't attached a reward for information leading to his capture?

It feels a bit like they were given a short window to close this out (until 13 March was used by some "authorities"), from "someone", after which they had to wind it down as it ultimately might have proven to be embarrassing to "someone".

The bulk of the KCCU embezzled funds not associated with the temple remain unaccounted for. Again an interesting nugget probably best left unexplored.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Given the robustness of the Thai military security apparatus I suspect that they will eventually find him, if they really want to (now).

Interesting that they haven't attached a reward for information leading to his capture?

It feels a bit like they were given a short window to close this out (until 13 March was used by some "authorities"), from "someone", after which they had to wind it down as it ultimately might have proven to be embarrassing to "someone".

The bulk of the KCCU embezzled funds not associated with the temple remain unaccounted for. Again an interesting nugget probably best left unexplored.

You make some good points. The word "someone"  hmm whom might that be??

17 hours ago, clockman said:

They seek him here, they see him there. Never mind another campaign medal!

I think your onto something. After they capture him they can caste a new medal for their uniform showing him handcuffs. That of course could be the straw that breaks the generals backs. No interior load bearing capabilities. 

9 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

I think your onto something. After they capture him they can caste a new medal for their uniform showing him handcuffs. That of course could be the straw that breaks the generals backs. No interior load bearing capabilities. 

No spine and being jellybacks does reduce medal carrying capacity

I don't think that they stand a chance to catch him.

This guy has access to enough funds and support to be invisible unless someone's willing to put even more money on the table (huge bounty?).

He will doubtlessly be able to flee the country if the pressure becomes to high, assuming he hasn't done this yet.

I might be proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

It´s gonna be hard to find him now. Hair grow out, change of wardrobe, new glasses and beach tanned body. He´s just going to fit in like a normal tourist in every country.
Maybe have to take the help from a medium, might be their best chance.