Two Burmese workers killed and 13 others injured in road accident in Thailand

webfact

Two Burmese workers killed and 13 others injured in road accident

IMG_9467.jpg

KAMPAENG PHET: -- Two Burmese migrant workers were killed and 13 others were injured, three of them in serious condition, when a passenger van in which they were riding slammed into the rear of a trailer truck in Kampaeng Phet province before dawn on Sunday.

The passenger van carried 13 Burmese migrant workers from Pathum Thani to be sent to Mae Sot district of Tak. As the van was travelling on Pahonyothin road in Tambon Nakhon Chum, Muang district of Kampaeng Phet, the driver, identified as Chartchai Phupanee, 49, for unknown reason, slammed the vehicle into the rear of a trailer truck.

The van then lost control and crashed into a roadside tree. Two female passengers were thrown out of the van by the force of the collision impact and died.

The rest of the passengers, including the driver and his wife, were injured. All of them were later taken to Kampaeng Phet provincial hospital for medical treatment.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-burmese-workers-killed-13-others-injured-road-accident/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-13

47 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

And almost daily event in la la land and nothing ever done. In a country where history is either ignored or dismissed, there will never be hope of improvement.

No. Bpoblėm. Farlang. Think. Too. Mutt.....

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

And "The book of Carnage, Thailand" has once again written a chapter!

It's merely a footnote.No chapter,paragraph or even a sentence here.It is buried on page 13,206 of "Sanook,Sabai" the ever growing great cultural fantasy novel of the region.

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity.

There were three - THREE - accidents on Sunday within half a kilometre on a road near my house. On a long straight road. The driving here is just unbelievable. Brother-in-law on a bike was hit by a car overtaking a lorry without the driver checking to see if it was safe. He lost two bone parts in his leg which they are going to replace with plastic bone. Ironically he had been called by a friend to observe the first accident.

1 hour ago, Cuchulainn said:

Those pesky vans again! Nothing to do with the driver of course.

No! No! Pesky bpama!!! Coming here to die!!!! Why can't they die in own country!!! Bpama no good!!!!!

Edited by Mook23
Typo

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There were three - THREE - accidents on Sunday within half a kilometre on a road near my house. On a long straight road. The driving here is just unbelievable. Brother-in-law on a bike was hit by a car overtaking a lorry without the driver checking to see if it was safe. He lost two bone parts in his leg which they are going to replace with plastic bone. Ironically he had been called by a friend to observe the first accident.

There have been 2 nasty accidents and one particularly gruesome murder of a mendicant monk where I live over the weekend.I expect none of the incidents to make the national news.I drive past the spot where the poor monk met his end every time I drive to the 7-11.

not sure if the van driver was speeding but it certainly would contribute to the accident

these trailer trucks are a menace on the roads they travel at a ridiciously low speed

even if the van was doing normal speed the driver would have been caught out

On 3/13/2017 at 4:19 PM, oldgent said:

not sure if the van driver was speeding but it certainly would contribute to the accident

these trailer trucks are a menace on the roads they travel at a ridiciously low speed

even if the van was doing normal speed the driver would have been caught out

So in a country that has very slow moving trucks coming up to one would be a surprise.

21 minutes ago, roger101 said:

So in a country that has very slow moving trucks coming up to one would be a surprise.

you can take that as a yes , not sure if you have driven on the Thai roads

but if not then you can not comment on this

On 3/16/2017 at 7:22 PM, oldgent said:

you can take that as a yes , not sure if you have driven on the Thai roads

but if not then you can not comment on this

I don't drive that much over here, apart from in-town on my bike. But I did drive the best part of a million kilometers in the UK. I always found that when driving on bendy hilly roads it was batterer to slow down when approaching a blind bend.