Woman claims rape at Bangkok massage parlor and says police refused to prosecute

webfact

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, The Dancer said:

Probably a communication issue. If she went to a happy-ending place for men and women and chose a male masseur then, unless she had the Thai to make clear she just wanted a man's touch but nothing more, the expectation would have been she wanted "full service".

I know it's not PC to say this but it's pretty stupid to go into a massage place in a country known for pay for pleasure, disrobe and ask for a man to knead your body in a closed room. Unless ... Nah, I don't think she was entirely innocent. My guess is she started out wanting full monty but got cold feet at some point.

agreed- especially near Patpong!!! what was she expecting?!?!?!?!?

don't know if she actually wanted "full monty", but ignorance is NO excuse...

if i want a REAL massage, i ALWAYS choose another female-

the ONLY time i want a male to massage me is if i WANT him to "touch me ALL over"

1 hour ago, Wildliferescue said:

Ok so this woman was raped, so is the victim here. Why is there a need to link the story to her personal Facebook address? Seems a bit odd as rape victims and underaged victims should be protected. 

She went public with it, why not link it?  Was she underage?

A qualified professional massuese is a world apart from the "oil spreader" and feel good factor generally available in those types of establishment where the only "training" they probably had was watching someone else do it for an hour.

29 minutes ago, smedly said:

what a crowd of misguided lowlifes we have posting on this thread

This girl went for a massage - that is all

This lowlife scumbag took advantage of her - pinned her down and raped her, she fought back and managed to get out of the room and reported it to the police, unfortunately the moral standards and understanding of rape are very primitive in Thailand, what you will find is that the police she was complaining too were likely thinking - I would have done the same if it had been me, men in this primitive country are just that - primitive

the ONLY time i was actually RAPED, it was at GUNPOINT-  

and i have NEVER been raped during LEGITIMATE massage by either sex-

she went for a massage near Patpong, a NOTORIOUS red-light district in Bangkok-

it is only "straight" males who are afraid of same-sex massage; whenever i want a massage, i go to another female;

if i want SEX with my being touched, i would go to a male...

i can be reasonably certain that i am one of the only FEMALES commenting on this thread, and i call "BS" on her entire story...

22 minutes ago, thenoilif said:

What is wrong with some of you? I understand that TV does attract more than its fair share of men who have been disenfranchised by Western feminism but give this lady a break.

The woman reported it as a rape. I would think in this day and age we would assume she was telling the truth first and take things at face value and stop adding your own narrative to promote some bitter misogynistic agenda. It's not like this guy is some famous athlete or celebrity ;)

Patpong is a very touristy location now and most of the massage shops on Silom Rd and Surawong are not rub and tugs. I frequent them for a foot massage or an oil and the majority do not try anything. Some will provide extra services but you usually have to prod them for it. Since certain events, they have become even more conservative about it as police are seemingly cracking down on this sort of thing.

I also often see foreigners, mostly backpackers stopping in for a foot, Thai or oil massage with no desire for anything sexual. 

And regardless of what services she did ask for, if it got to a point where she didn't want things to go any further and said 'stop' or 'no' than it ends there. Anything the guy does after that is rape and I typically don't find that being held down against your will as part of a typical massage even in this area of the city.

Excellent answer !!!

15 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I have taken many ladies for massage over the years.  Not once has one of them asked for a male.  Some dude in a private room feeling her naked body, touching and rubbing her all over.  So, why would a female want some dude to do that???  Maybe we should ask her BF.

Maybe she thought civil liberty law would protect her 

25 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

No, I think many on here may be smart enough to question the story.  Have you seen the guy?  Maybe he is some young stud an d she had other motives.  I have not seen the post but if a woman was screaming loud enough even in a massage room, wouldn't someone else hear her? Any defensive wounds? Semen or evidence collected? Video of her running out of the room? Is she going to the US embassy to report it? I can go on and on.

Guys go into these places all the time for.....  So, I would not put it past an occasional lady to do the same.  

have you seen the guy, sounds to me like you are trying to excuse his behavior and blame the girl, maybe this situation is familiar to you, that I would not doubt

your whole post is absolute nonsense, she has already explained in great detail what happened, she managed in the end to escape after being assaulted and pinned down violently

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Rape is a terrible crime, and should never go unpunished.

Reading this thread, something not quite correct.

She went for a massage ok, but females available to provide the service and she chose male. WHY?

Maybe she prefers male masseurs. I prefer female doctors, barbers, cooks, and drivers, but that does not mean I want to have sex with all of them.

29 minutes ago, thenoilif said:

What is wrong with some of you? I understand that TV does attract more than its fair share of men who have been disenfranchised by Western feminism but give this lady a break.

Sadly, it seems that most here have been conned by Thai women too! Now, left in no man's land they put all their efforts into dissing Thailand.

ANYONE knows if going to Pat Pong, alternative massages are the norm. I bet this woman wanted a bit, then changed her mind, shouting, "rape".  Quit blaming the guy, there is no proof.

9 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

it is only "straight" males who are afraid of same-sex massage; whenever i want a massage, i go to another female;

i can be reasonably certain that i am one of the only FEMALES commenting on this thread, and i call "BS" on her entire story...

Entirely based upon what you prefer, I note.

Given you are two distinct individuals, your shared gender gives your personal opinion no extra weight in this instance.

It used to be the case that massage was a semi reserved profession for the blind. It provided good employment opportunities for a group that found it notoriously difficult in the 'mainstream' market. Not so common anymore.

In respect of this case, it's odd but hardly symptomatic of any ulterior motives that she chose a male. If I want a massage I always ask for a male, preferably blind, to avoid any confusion over "endings", but the places I go are 100% therapeutic.

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

have you seen the guy, sounds to me like you are trying to excuse his behavior and blame the girl, maybe this situation is familiar to you, that I would not doubt

your whole post is absolute nonsense, she has already explained in great detail what happened, she managed in the end to escape after being assaulted and pinned down violently

Yes, it is familiar because I worked in law enforcement for 30 years.  This case stinks really.  Obviously, the cops thought so. But, if you want to believe all she says and be her advocate, good for you.

1 hour ago, jenifer d said:

and that makes your opinion what exactly, your opinion carries no more weight that anyone else posting here -  female or not, maybe if he'd had a gun you'd be thinking differently

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

7 minutes ago, ThaiCitizen said:

Sadly, it seems that most here have been conned by Thai women too! Now, left in no man's land they put all their efforts into dissing Thailand.

ANYONE knows if going to Pat Pong, alternative massages are the norm. I bet this woman wanted a bit, then changed her mind, shouting, "rape".  Quit blaming the guy, there is no proof.

well according to her you lost the bet

37 minutes ago, thenoilif said:

The woman reported it as a rape. I would think in this day and age we would assume she was telling the truth first and take things at face value and stop adding your own narrative to promote some bitter misogynistic agenda. It's not like this guy is some famous athlete or celebrity ;)

Patpong is a very touristy location now and most of the massage shops on Silom Rd and Surawong are not rub and tugs. I frequent them for a foot massage or an oil and the majority do not try anything. Some will provide extra services but you usually have to prod them for it. Since certain events, they have become even more conservative about it as police are seemingly cracking down on this sort of thing.

I also often see foreigners, mostly backpackers stopping in for a foot, Thai or oil massage with no desire for anything sexual. 

And regardless of what services she did ask for, if it got to a point where she didn't want things to go any further and said 'stop' or 'no' than it ends there. Anything the guy does after that is rape and I typically don't find that being held down against your will as part of a typical massage even in this area of the city.

i am a woman, and I call "bs"!!!

naked with a male in a closed room??? seriously??? 

the ONLY time i want a male massaging me (even if he supposedly is gay,

and one must remember that MANY so-called gay boys here and elsewhere

are just gay for pay) is if i WANT the "full monty"!!!

anybody who DOESN'T know what goes on in Patpong must be blind-

tourist or not-

so don't play the misogynist card, i call "bs" on her story

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, it is familiar because I worked in law enforcement for 30 years.  This case stinks really.  Obviously, the cops thought so. But, if you want to believe all she says and be her advocate, good for you.

you know as well as I do that people who make a false rape allegations have specific reasons for doing so and also are familiar with the person they are accusing

I see no evidence of that here and find it most unlikely

6 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

tourist or not-

who says she was naked ?

you sound like you are very familiar with these types of places - not everyone is like you - male or female

3 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

tourist or not-

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but based on my experience, that is not the case.

6 minutes ago, robertthebruce said:

Patpomg......most people know to stay clear of that area....

but it maybe she never clicked on ....., until it was too late...

"Healthland".... For me is the best.....Clean,Nice,Showers, no funny Buisness....

Professional....

exactly

My girlfriend is Thai but she would never, and I repeat never, allow a man to give her a massage due to this kind of activity and treatment that seems to be quite apparent to most female Thai nationals, but not so much to trusting tourists. If the massage parlour doesn't have an available female masseuse, then my girlfriend will politely decline their services and go elsewhere. Now, maybe this poor lady felt safe knowing her boyfriend was on hand, I don't know? Maybe the boyfriend wasn't actually there and had gone for a walk, allowing this fiend to have his evil way? This part of the story happens to be a little sketchy, to say the least. Maybe she was upstairs and he was downstairs? Clearly he was indisposed in some way and couldn't come to her aid, otherwise there would've been a huge fight. It's also a shame that she didn't get her facts right, such as incorrectly naming Patong when she actually meant Patpong. I'm afraid, it's these little things called details that can  get in the way and cast doubt on the legitimacy of her entire story and make other TV posters here question the validity of the events.

Personally, I believe her, I have no reason not to. Maybe she needs to take her story to the English press, such as The Sun or the Daily Mail? That way, the police will be forced to justify their abhorrent treatment of the poor lass, and maybe something more will be done about it.

However, I will add that I think it mighty strange that a woman would go into Patpong, a notorious red-light district that not even I would ever personally go to, and seek out a massage, clearly in a private room, not one of those universal foot rub jobs, and not expect anything untoward to happen. Then maybe I'm more savvy and  well-versed in these unscrupulous shenanigans, and would never put myself in such an uncompromising position, especially when I could go to a luxury spa in a hotel and know I was safe. Just sayin.

Edited by Senior Player

18 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

tourist or not-

And I call a BS on you being a female.

Only way she can expect any sort of justice, or payback (esp if establishment is police-owned), is to get out of Thailand and spread it all over the internet and papers. Thais hate nothing more than their image tainted and potential loss of revenue.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I hope this is BS or at the very least you weren't a police officer. If you were I call for a review of every case you ever investigated. 

Making these sort of claims with only some internet news to go by and even with a slight tinge of 'she got what she deserved' tone. Are you American? You last name wouldn't happen to be Zimmerman would it?

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Rape is a terrible crime, and should never go unpunished.

Reading this thread, something not quite correct.

She went for a massage ok, but females available to provide the service and she chose male. WHY?

Assuming you are not gay would you ask for a male masseuse? I know most hetero males wouldn't.