Getting Married

Well the time has come and i'am taking the plunge in january,i have my paperwork to take to the uk embassy to get signed but from there on i need a little guidence,i now you need to have this translated into thia then take it to be stamped by the thia ministry of office before applying to get married,So what i'am really asking has anybody gone through this process latley on there own without using the services of a agency,or do you recomend having a agency help you and if you do are there you would recomend.

Also the cost's envolved

Thank's for any help mikeybee :o

Agreed... don't use an agency as you will be wasting money.

If your wife to be knows Bangkok then she will know where to take you to get this all done at the right price and the biggest cost you should pay is the embassy visit for the declaration for marriage. Everything else is small change and the registration at the amphur for the wedding should be no more than 200 baht and 30 mins of your time.

Yeah, dont use an agency, its a big waste of money. Its so easy to do yourself.

We did the process comfortably in two days.

The letter from our embassy was 500THB and the Translation plus the foriegn affaris stamp cost 1900THB (this is a bit expensive but you will get the doccument stamped by foriegn affairs back the same day, and the translation agency handeled all of this for us)

Day 2 go to the Amphur and get maried, you will need 2 wittnesses, if you dont have any, the amphur will charge about 100-200THB per staff member to be a wittness. Then your married.

Yeah, dont use an agency, its a big waste of money. Its so easy to do yourself.

We did the process comfortably in two days.

The letter from our embassy was 500THB and the Translation plus the foriegn affaris stamp cost 1900THB (this is a bit expensive but you will get the doccument stamped by foriegn affairs back the same day, and the translation agency handeled all of this for us)

Day 2 go to the Amphur and get maried, you will need 2 wittnesses, if you dont have any, the amphur will charge about 100-200THB per staff member to be a wittness. Then your married.

Well i take you used the translation agency to help you aussiestyle,from all your reply's i plan to go alone,i have the addresses of where we need togo so fingers crossed and i will let you now the out come,thank's for your reply's and have a happy xmas and a merry newyear.

Edited by mikeybee

hi there mikeybee just a bit off advice when you get married dont forget to get your marriage papers translated back into english and stamped by the thai or british embassy as you will need this if and when you apply for ilr for your wife,as it will be cheaper there in bangkok.

all the best to you both

pete & som

happy xmas and new year to everyone

hi there mikeybee just a bit off advice when you get married dont forget to get your marriage papers translated back into english and stamped by the thai or british embassy as you will need this if and when you apply for ilr for your wife,as it will be cheaper there in bangkok.

all the best to you both

pete & som

happy xmas and new year to everyone

Pete you mentioned the marriage certificate translation any ideas of the cost and a recommendation for this translation?

I hope to be get married on the 25th Dec all the paperwork is in order just a case of visiting the Amphur and arranging the translation.

Also does anyone have any advice on arranging the UK visa? I will be arranging her visa in Qatar so that she can live with me here but there will be a time when I have to return back to the UK.