F1 2017

Mosha

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what happened today...

Will Vettel be packing his bags for this weekend?

Apparently he apologised, signed up to promote road safety, and accepted full responsibility. So was let of further punishment. Feel free to try that in court if you end up on a dangerous driving charge. 555

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

On 7/9/2017 at 3:41 PM, Basil B said:

Well Vetal only got 3 points on his licence, so that is nine points, and two of them expire next week so does not have to be a good boy for long.

The benefits of driving for Ferrari... 

Disagree and think the FIA authorities were lenient 'cos a race ban/loss of points for the race would affect the exciting WDC 'race -that is quite close at the moment.

They tend to have 'championship contenders' in mind when it comes to penalties.  Can't remember the race ('08/'09?) when a driver was given a penalty - for which one of the reasons given was 'taking out WDC contenders'.....

The very fact that Seb has 9 points tends to indicate that he receives no benefits purely because he's a Ferrari driver!

Apparently nobody has any opinion on the last race - which is fair enough, as I have zero interesting opinions either :laugh:.

Edited by dick dasterdly

7 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Vettel claims the experts and the gizmos studying Bottas's start were wrong. lol.

Do you have a link to this claim?

I ask as pretty much everyone seems to agree that Bottas anticipated the lights, and was v lucky as he was within the 'acceptable' allowance decided by the stewards at this race?

Not that it matters.  It was v close, and it would have awful if he'd been penalised on such a close call.

Edited by dick dasterdly

Do you have a link to this claim?

I ask as pretty much everyone seems to agree that Bottas anticipated the lights, and was v lucky as he was within the 'acceptable' allowance decided by the stewards at this race?

Not that it matters.  It was v close, and it would have awful if he'd been penalised on such a close call.

It was on either ESPN F1 or Sky Sports on FB yesterday.

Vettel goes early on the pit stop to get the undercut on Verstappen and succeeds, only to pay the price with a tyre failure on the penultimate lap.

10 races in and the gap between Vettel and Hamilton is one point.

1 hour ago, Mosha said:

Great race, please let Liberty and BDRC come to an agreement.

Lets hope so...

Well at least the Fruit Eccles Cake is out of the equation.

Simply BDRC can not afford to run at a loss and I am sure Liberty knows just how important a British GP is to the success of F1, and i doubt Castle Donnington will be invited to tender.

I take it back... There is a God  

and he does not like Ferrari's too...  :clap2:

what an exciting finish...

Last few laps, I went from happy, to despair, to punching the air and wanting to jump up and down and yell. I didn't want to lose control of the remote though. 555

• 4 weeks later...

Ferrari has now confirmed to continue with both Räikkönen and Vettel for the next year. 

Ferrari knows it's time to recover from the past mistakes and act like an adult to go further. 

Hiring huge ego Alonso was a big mistake for huge ego Ferrari. It would have worked only if there had been constant results from day one. There wasn't. 

Now Alonso have been learning that same lesson with McLaren. He'll be a much stronger driver, if he is not too old to learn by now.

Ferrari has now confirmed to continue with both Räikkönen and Vettel for the next year. 

Ferrari knows it's time to recover from the past mistakes and act like an adult to go further. 

Hiring huge ego Alonso was a big mistake for huge ego Ferrari. It would have worked only if there had been constant results from day one. There wasn't. 

Now Alonso have been learning that same lesson with McLaren. He'll be a much stronger driver, if he is not too old to learn by now.
I too think a good move. I'm a closet Williams fan. I like to see them do well.

3 minutes ago, Mosha said:

I too think a good move. I'm a closet Williams fan. I like to see them do well.

I'm Claire Williams fan. She has the knowledge how be a good manager. I'd work for her.

Just now, Basil B said:

Foget the Mayweather V McGregor fight, just wait till the Force India drivers get back to the garage...

Are those some forgotten F1 drivers? If not, they are not any of interest, thou keep them away from this discussion.