F1 2017

Mosha

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those some forgotten F1 drivers? If not, they are not any of interest, thou keep them away from this discussion. 
Apparently it'll be the next boxing spectacular on Fox Sports. :D

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

Well.. The rain circuits shows who are the really good drivers.

I have never been a fan of Hamilton, in fact I have never liked him.

But I do admit he is a pretty damn good driver. 

Well done Hamilton, you showed your heart previously. Continue doing the same and I'll be a fan of you. 

2 questions.
Is the problem in the wet not the tyres, but that the current crop of drivers for the most part can't drive if some someone spits on the track.
Why does Brundle assume everyone has watched game of thrones?

1 minute ago, Mosha said:

2 questions.
Is the problem in the wet not the tyres, but that the current crop of drivers for the most part can't drive if some someone spits on the track.
Why does Brundle assume everyone has watched game of thrones?

1) The cars are going really fast and the tires can't keep up with the water on the track.

2) Brundle is a... can't say it here.

Here is the front row of this Truly Italian F1 Grid :)
DIyzo_XVYAQX9fT.jpg.4bcba4b101a867a5b30fb0444c0aee53.jpg

1) The cars are going really fast and the tires can't keep up with the water on the track.
2) Brundle is a... can't say it here.

Here is the front row of this Truly Italian F1 Grid :)
DIyzo_XVYAQX9fT.jpg.4bcba4b101a867a5b30fb0444c0aee53.jpg
So the tyres are not fit for purpose. :D

5 minutes ago, Mosha said:

So the tyres are not fit for purpose. :D

That was the answer, which was given before. 

Then there is also the case of drivers not been able to see what is ahead. Not so much a problem, when everybody are driving similar speeds, but if there is an accident, there is no time to slow time. 

Yesterday, when Grosjean had the accident, there was hardly visible yellow flags on the side. Given that the drivers go nearly 350km/hour at the main straight, there is absolutely no time to react. 

The guys get big money for a dream job, but possible not so big that it's worth of dying every time it rains :) 

That was the answer, which was given before. 

Then there is also the case of drivers not been able to see what is ahead. Not so much a problem, when everybody are driving similar speeds, but if there is an accident, there is no time to slow time. 

Yesterday, when Grosjean had the accident, there was hardly visible yellow flags on the side. Given that the drivers go nearly 350km/hour at the main straight, there is absolutely no time to react. 

The guys get big money for a dream job, but possible not so big that it's worth of dying every time it rains :) 
Lewis's car twitched he lifted, Grosjean didn't.

Well driven Lewis. A deserved win this time. 

My second boy, Bottas did well as well. He didn't try to challenge team mate to get the first place, instead he kept his distance so that both team members could save their engines, gearboxes etc. for the future races... which is actually pretty sad for the sport. 

My first boy Kimi, well.. he did his best with some errors. 

There has been a lot of talk about grid penalties due engine, gearbox changes etc.

What would be a reasonable alternative to make sure that only the highest paid teams would not have the ability to win the races?

Each time a team changes it's engine, it's reward of F1 prize money at the end of the season will given to charities?

- Engine change (after 5 engines): 5% of the prize money given out

- Gearbox change, etc. 2.5% prize money given out

The penalty has to be something, which makes each team to think really hard, before they change engines and parts. Something, which hurts each team in the similar way. 

The best and most funded teams get the most money. This way the penalties would hurt each team more fairly. 

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

There has been a lot of talk about grid penalties due engine, gearbox changes etc.

What would be a reasonable alternative to make sure that only the highest paid teams would not have the ability to win the races?

Each time a team changes it's engine, it's reward of F1 prize money at the end of the season will given to charities?

- Engine change (after 5 engines): 5% of the prize money given out

- Gearbox change, etc. 2.5% prize money given out

The penalty has to be something, which makes each team to think really hard, before they change engines and parts. Something, which hurts each team in the similar way. 

The best and most funded teams get the most money. This way the penalties would hurt each team more fairly. 

The problem with that is Ferrari and Mercedes don't care how much it costs, this is their marketing budget, they'll change engines every race if the penalty is financial, whilst the smaller teams that struggle financially, whom this rule is supposed to help, will be hit hardest by financial penalties, even if its lower penalties than the largest teams.

F1 funding of teams needs to change. 2017 estimates of direct funding to teams from the sport:

Ferrari $180m

Mercedes $171m

Red Bull $161m

McLaren $97m

Williams $79m

Force India $72m

Torro Rosso $59m

Renault $52m

Sauber $49m

Haas $19m

Finances are a mess, so financial penalties are out. The sport is a team game, so you can't split the penalties to impact only the team of the driver. I think they should just be allowed the 4 (or is it 5?) engines through the season, no more. If one fails before time is up, they can use another for more races, or try to patch the other up. Who knows, the final race of the season could come down to who's engine lasts longest.

Let's face it. The F1 races are boring. Most of the races are silly boring. 

The only times the races are interesting is when there are lot's accidents during the race. (Baku 2017).

The other time when F1 races are interesting is when top drivers have to start from behind and they are trying to gain places by overtaking slower cars. 

All the other times, the races are pretty frucking boring 2 hours of watching cars driving behind others. When the most exciting moments are the pit stops, it says a lot about the excitement of the whole races. 

So, how do we get the races more interesting. How do we get the races more fair, so that money can't buy the end position?

But the big teams don't care about the financial penalties. They want the finances the way they are so that the smaller teams don't compete. Look at Le Mans 24hrs, a total mess with all the manufacturers pulling out because the smaller teams were allowed to compete and started beating them. This is Ferrari's, and to a lesser extent Mercedes', marketing tool. They will pay the fine without blinking, only the smaller teams will suffer from financial penalties.

Is silly the present system, with only 20 cars how can you take a 65 grid drop ?  bearing in mind some of the heavy grid drops are from teams running towards the back....

Next year is to be only 3 engine for the year + a possible extra race...... McLaren both retired this race with more problems and they are on engine 7 already.. with many more Races to go....

financial penalties would not work, Ferrari and Mercedes are not the ones often breaking down or the teams that are supplied by these engines...    Maybe the Engine suppliers should get the financial penalties ?  

One wonders but for these silly grid penalties just where Max and Ricardo would have finished ?  the grid penalties were not the fault of the drivers, or that matter the fault of Red Bull...  

12 hours ago, farmerjo said:

The sport is in a pretty good place.

Daniel Riccardo's drive was worth watching the race for me.

The best driver of the day IMO. :thumbsup:

But you can't discredit the Mercedes team (and I mean both drivers and the pit crews) and Hamilton's superb driving skills.

Singapore should be interesting...

On 03/09/2017 at 4:53 PM, naboo said:

The problem with that is Ferrari and Mercedes don't care how much it costs, this is their marketing budget, they'll change engines every race if the penalty is financial, whilst the smaller teams that struggle financially, whom this rule is supposed to help, will be hit hardest by financial penalties, even if its lower penalties than the largest teams.

F1 funding of teams needs to change. 2017 estimates of direct funding to teams from the sport:

Ferrari $180m

Mercedes $171m

Red Bull $161m

McLaren $97m

Williams $79m

Force India $72m

Torro Rosso $59m

Renault $52m

Sauber $49m

Haas $19m

Finances are a mess, so financial penalties are out. The sport is a team game, so you can't split the penalties to impact only the team of the driver. I think they should just be allowed the 4 (or is it 5?) engines through the season, no more. If one fails before time is up, they can use another for more races, or try to patch the other up. Who knows, the final race of the season could come down to who's engine lasts longest.

A levy on sponsorship??? 40, 50 even as high as 60% that is divided equally between teems so the smaller teams would get more funding. force power unit manufactures to supply engine of same spec for up to 5 or 6 teams who want their power units, drivers limited to drive no more than 3 years for any one team.

Edited by Basil B

On 04/09/2017 at 9:01 AM, Mosha said:

McLaren Honda announcement due soon.

Yes, they are getting a divorce...

McLaren Group executive chairman Shaikh Mohammed bin Essa Al Khalifa said: "Honda is a great company...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41248320

I do not think you will see him in a Honda Jaz any day soon.