F1 2017

Mosha

Massa to retire     ...again

I have now enjoyed four great years with the team, but my career in Formula One will finally come to an end this season
Felipe Massa
The Brazilian, whose 267 Grand Prix starts are the sixth most in history, was initially scheduled to leave the F1 grid at the end of 2016, but was tempted back to Williams when Valtteri Bottas moved to Mercedes.

Williams confirmed last month that Massa was one of several drivers under consideration for a 2018 race drive alongside Lance Stroll, but the 36-year-old has now confirmed that the upcoming races in Brazil and Abu Dhabi will be his last.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/11/massa-to-leave-williams--retire-from-f1.html

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massa to retire     ...again

I have now enjoyed four great years with the team, but my career in Formula One will finally come to an end this season
Felipe Massa
The Brazilian, whose 267 Grand Prix starts are the sixth most in history, was initially scheduled to leave the F1 grid at the end of 2016, but was tempted back to Williams when Valtteri Bottas moved to Mercedes.
Williams confirmed last month that Massa was one of several drivers under consideration for a 2018 race drive alongside Lance Stroll, but the 36-year-old has now confirmed that the upcoming races in Brazil and Abu Dhabi will be his last.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/11/massa-to-leave-williams--retire-from-f1.html

I wonder if he'll get this seasons car as a parting gift? 555

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

Mercedes F1 team robbed at gun point in Brazil...

Lewis Hamilton says he was "upset" by news that personnel from his Mercedes team were robbed at gunpoint in Sao Paulo on Friday night.

A van of Mercedes workers was held up on the road away from the Interlagos track. No-one was hurt in the incident.

Hamilton said: "Gun shots fired, gun held at one's head. This is so upsetting to hear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41954941

This seems to happen every year in Brazil.

of course they can beef up security, for FIA and F1 teams but a near impossible to keep the fans safe.

FIA should say adiós to Brizil, but I suppose it is a case of money talks, just nuts to to continue with Brazil on the calender.

Mercedes F1 team robbed at gun point in Brazil...

Lewis Hamilton says he was "upset" by news that personnel from his Mercedes team were robbed at gunpoint in Sao Paulo on Friday night.

A van of Mercedes workers was held up on the road away from the Interlagos track. No-one was hurt in the incident.

Hamilton said: "Gun shots fired, gun held at one's head. This is so upsetting to hear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41954941
This seems to happen every year in Brazil.
of course they can beef up security, for FIA and F1 teams but a near impossible to keep the fans safe.
 FIA should say adiós to Brizil, but I suppose it is a case of money talks, just nuts to to continue with Brazil on the calender.
Pirelli cancel test after another attack.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/21398919/pirelli-test-cancelled-another-f1-staff-attack-brazil

5 minutes ago, Mosha said:

This is getting silly. Next season's engine limit is 3. If this is about green credentials, can't the make the engines simpler, and repairable?

If we have a cars, which can drive 1.000.000 km with one Mercedes engine, why can't we ask F1 engines to last for 10.000km?

If the engines are more reliable, we'll see less engine failures in the future. The idea of being able to repair the engine, not changing it's complete parts, is good. 

On 14/11/2017 at 12:12 PM, oilinki said:

f we have a cars, which can drive 1.000.000 km with one Mercedes engine, why can't we ask F1 engines to last for 10.000km?

how long do you think a normal standard engine will last doing 15,000RPM

Although nice to see Williams considering Robert Kubica I really do not think he would be the best choice if Williams want to be really competitive again, better off with Pascal Wihrlien.  

Edited by Basil B

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Although nice to see Williams considering Robert Kubica I really do not think he would be the best choice if Williams want to be really competitive again, better off with Pascal Wihrlien.  

I'm not sure why the F1 teams are still interested of Kubica, but he being out of the F1 for several years, trying to get his arm working again.. and the F1 teams are still interested of him, tells me that he had some impressive skills. 

The skills to overcome all of that recovery time. How many years it was since his last F1 race?

Rally accident was March 2011 just before the start of the season so has been out of F1 for nearly 7 years, has been doing some rally driving since 2013 but did a test with Mercedes back in 2013.

Kubica conducted a number of simulator tests with the Mercedes Formula 1 team which showed promise, but limitations in the range of motion of his injured arm would prevent him from driving in twisty circuits like Monaco due to the tight confines of an F1 cockpit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kubica

If Kubica has been out of F1 circuit for 6 years, what makes him so great that the teams wishes him to be back after all those lost years?

That 6 years is already as itself an expiration time for the most moderately skilled F1 drivers. There are not too many who can stay in the game longer than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been head hunted by Red Bull...

Dear Basil, 

Apologies for the direct approach but I am currently looking for 3-4 design engineers to work 
on at both Red Bull Technology and Red Bull Advanced Technology.  These roles are initially 
short term up until the end of the year but should be a good opportunity to get your foot in 
the door for upcoming roles with them in the new year.

We are looking for a range of mechanical and composite experience ideally with NX experience 
in the automotive / motorsport industry.  If you or anyone you know are coming to the end of 
the contract and can jump on at short notice, please send CV over to [Email redacted]

Rates - Neg due to short term contract but can pay £40-50 per hour dependent on experience
Contract - Until end of dec 2017 (projects likely to need future designers in the new year 
but initially signed off until end of 2017
Hours - Current contractors working 60 hour weeks (Mon-Fri)

If you or anyone you know are looking, please send over your up to date CV or contact 
details of design engineers who may be available to start asap.

Unfortunately my hourly rate is higher than that...

Edited by Basil B