Discovery Channel adventurer calls for justice for his Thai wife

webfact

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

I still remember her posted on a giant billboard on the Asoke-Sukhuvit rd 15 or so years ago, since than she has lived in a tumultuous times

with many ups and downs in her life and career and to end up in jail as a drug mule, Oh, what a tangled web we weave....

0.251 (251 milligrams)  doesn't make a drug mule, does it? 

The stupidity level on this forum is astounding sometimes. She was caught with a tiny amount, so what? Drug laws are a joke anyway.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Amras said:

Agreed. Geez I haven't been reading a lot of comments lately, but damn. Most ThaiVisa posters are still the same. High mighty sitting behind their computer. 

It's 0.2grams for personal use. Hardly worth 15 years in prison. A significant fine maybe, community service (which would be good in Thailand) but not jail. 

While other's drive unlicensed or drunk and kill 1 or multiple people in car accidents walk away with no more than a sorry, it's pathetic really. 

She's not a dealer, she's not selling. 

Remember the only difference between Alcohol and other 'hard' drugs is one is illegal the other isn't. The all ruin a heap of lives, cause violence, dependency and so on. Except 'weed', you'd be hard pressed to find the same amount of negative social consequences of that plant. (Note I don't do any 'drugs' and rarely drink, but I also believe in the choice for other people to do and deal with, the consequences of their own choices). 

Asia and their war on drugs....while running people over in the street is more acceptable. I'll never understand it....

You think taking cocaine is the same as having a bottle of beer?

I fully understand the charge,but 15+ years and a 1.5 million baht fine,for what amounts to a quarter of a gram of class 2, just seems so disproportionate.We have 2 Burmese on trial for their lives,not for murder but for a fit up.These justices or injustices,are more than enough to scare the average western tourist off,from wanting to visit.Not exactly the sort of headlines to promote tourism.

8 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

you think it's unconnected to the animal rights issue?   maybe you think that it started as 5mg then grew to 251mg of no significance?  EVEN IF it was her's it was a pin prick of residue cocaine for personal use what business is that of anyone's?  

you think society should control and jail people for a minor misdemeanor with regards to something which is for them only?  10,000 baht fine at most but FIFTEEN YEARS?  you need to go research the whole story, she's an animal rights activist.

Edited by LannaGuy

27 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Both are classified harddrugs only alcohol is legal, and alcohol is socially accepted but it remains a fact that they are both harddrugs that cause damage. Some can handle it some cant. Weed is actually a softdrug and does less damage than alcohol. 

27 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

It is in Portugal. Crime rates down. Addiction down. Employment up. Jails emptying. Maybe you can do a little research. It may enlighten you. 

1 hour ago, djayz said:

How long until they come after the husband? 

I've seen a couple of his TV shows and have wondered if maybe he was on drugs.

He does things like tormenting snakes until they bite him, stalks tigers on foot in the Sundarban, dives face first into mangrove mud while filming mudskippers and walking in deep snow wearing shorts, socks and Crocs. His dubbed commentary is full of inaccuracies.

However, his lady has been stitched up.

7 minutes ago, kmj said:

Go and get a sense of f**king humour

yes really, really funny  :partytime2:    my sides are splitting thinking about Khun Yuyee sitting in a cell of 40 women 

well done bro that really lightened the mood I'll have to remember that one  "ain't a mule but makes her an ass"   :clap2:

Edited by LannaGuy

I presume innocense until proven guilty. To my there was enough doubt to continue innocence assumption. 

Also interesting the catalog of pubishment mentioned earlier on. If I am reading it right, the her scentence exceeds the maximum punishment for the amount. Strange really, as the amount was very low within the bracket. 

Usually users get just a penalty for first time offenses and then have to follow up for some time with reporting etc.

Anyway. To me this story stinks. 

Google bangkok-post/20150621/282797830013543 to read the full story.

It'll be the top link.

Basically she rescued some wild animal that was destined for Europe, and the cops wanted her to pay 400,000 baht.

She didn't pay so they framed her.

Just now, jaywalker said:

Google bangkok-post/20150621/282797830013543 to read the full story.

It'll be the top link.

Basically she rescued some wild animal that was destined for Europe, and the cops wanted her to pay 400,000 baht.

She didn't pay so they framed her.

I wonder who will rescue her kids ?

2 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

and so you are assuming she knew she had it?  and the 'influential person' she upset, according to the 'other' paper???   unbelievable some posters on here 

5mg looks like this

even IF she knew 15 years??? my heart goes out to her it really does

main-qimg-2dfb0002bb0986167ae65bfcb5c0499b-c.jpg

They should have tested her for drugs in her blood; or did a swab of her hands to cocaine. Then we would know if it was planted or not ? Also search her home.

Thailand used to use death sentence for drug smuggling and during the War on Drugs when Thaksin were running the country more than 2000 people were killed... maybe 15 years in prison isn't really that bad after all.
Try a stunt like that in the Philippines now with Duerte in power and you probably end up in the morgue and if you are famous it's just make it a better warning to others to stay away from that shit...

2 minutes ago, Blindedbythelight said:

They should have tested her for drugs in her blood; or did a swab of her hands to cocaine. Then we would know if it was planted or not ? Also search her home.

bangkok-post/20150621/282797830013543

Google it.

She REQUESTED that the cops drug test her, but they refused.

They also refused to allow her an attorney, AND did not/could not present any physical evidence in court.

2 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Alcohol does a lot more (social) damage as most other drugs! 

Yes that is true, problem is many people can handle drugs quite wel, but a minority can't those are the guys that turn into monsters after alcohol or any other drugs. The majority uses drugs has fun and then return to a normal life. Its all about how often you drink and how you handle it. 

Quite a few people can't even do without alcohol (see the posts when there is a dry day). They are just as addicted as some other drug addicts. Its just that some can handle stuff and others can't

Unfortunately for those who can the lawmakers have decided to make use criminal even if they don't do any other crimes, they do so to protect the weaker people who can't handle it. (not that its really working.. but its kinda a damm if you do damm if you dont scenario)

6 minutes ago, Blindedbythelight said:

they certainly searched her home as that's where they found the evidence to convict her on the Wildlife charge and I understand she REQUESTED a blood check and it was refused

Edited by LannaGuy

1 minute ago, LannaGuy said:

they certainly searched her home as that's where they found the evidence to convict her on the Wildlife charge and I understand she REQUESTED a blood check and it was refused

Of course .. cant have refuting evidence when your setting someone up.

Here's something to ponder next time you're landing at Swampy:

Results demonstrated that "92% of the bills were positive for cocaine with a mean amount of 28.75+/-139.07 micrograms per bill, a median of 1.37 μg per bill, and a range of 0.01-922.72 μg per bill. Heroin was detected in seven bills in amounts ranging from 0.03 to 168.5 μg per bill: 6-AM and morphine were detected in three bills; methamphetamine and amphetamine in three and one bills, respectively, and PCP was detected in two bills in amounts of 0.78 and 1.87 μg per bill. Codeine was not detected in any of the one-dollar bills analyzed".

(Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contaminated_currency)

Any one of us with a few $100 bills in our pocket could be next.  She had 200-250 micro-grams on her.

Wonder how the members of the "hang-em-high, they know the rules" brigade  would feel if it was their loved one?

Edited by impulse

Just now, impulse said:

Here's something to ponder next time you're landing at Swampy:

Results demonstrated that "92% of the bills were positive for cocaine with a mean amount of 28.75+/-139.07 micrograms per bill, a median of 1.37 μg per bill, and a range of 0.01-922.72 μg per bill. Heroin was detected in seven bills in amounts ranging from 0.03 to 168.5 μg per bill: 6-AM and morphine were detected in three bills; methamphetamine and amphetamine in three and one bills, respectively, and PCP was detected in two bills in amounts of 0.78 and 1.87 μg per bill. Codeine was not detected in any of the one-dollar bills analyzed".

(Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contaminated_currency)

Any one of us with a few $100 bills in our pocket could be next.  She had 200-250 micro-grams on her.

Wonder how the members of the hang-em-high, they know the rules would feel if it was their loved one?

Yep.

=================

In a study reported in Forensic Science International, A.J. Jenkins, at the Office of the Cuyahoga County Coroner (Cleveland, OH), the author reports the analysis of ten randomly collected one-dollar bills from five cities, and tested for cocaine, heroin, 6-acetylmorphine (also called "6-AM"), morphine, codeine, methamphetamine, amphetamine and phencyclidine (PCP). Bills were then immersed in acetonitrile for two hours prior to extraction and subjected to Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) analysis. Results demonstrated that "92% of the bills were positive for cocaine with a mean amount of 28.75+/-139.07 micrograms per bill, a median of 1.37 μg per bill, and a range of 0.01-922.72 μg per bill. Heroin was detected in seven bills in amounts ranging from 0.03 to 168.5 μg per bill: 6-AM and morphine were detected in three bills; methamphetamine and amphetamine in three and one bills, respectively, and PCP was detected in two bills in amounts of 0.78 and 1.87 μg per bill. Codeine was not detected in any of the one-dollar bills analyzed". The study confirmed that although paper currency was most often contaminated with cocaine, other drugs of abuse may also be detected in bills.[4]

5 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

bangkok-post/20150621/282797830013543

Google it.

She REQUESTED that the cops drug test her, but they refused.

They also refused to allow her an attorney, AND did not/could not present any physical evidence in court.

Bangkok Post, gets money from the Discovery Channel; to advertise; so cannot believe this paper. 

1 minute ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

In most countries she would have walked because of the bungling investigation. The chance of her being framed is greater han 50%. They also never tested her for use. I think this was a mistake by the defence. 

She didn't HAVE any defense.