Discovery Channel adventurer calls for justice for his Thai wife

webfact

13 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

0.25 grams is so little its probably like dust. If she was a user n destroying her own life then send her to rehab. But she had a family n was not hurting anyone. 

0.25grams is not even worth anything at all to be a drug mule or risk anything for.

I would think she was framed. 

I post a pic of bullet powder as posting drugs would not be appropriate to have an idea of how little 0.25grams is. 

images (2).jpg

it was 5mg

"According to the original police arrest statement seen by Spectrum, Yuyee was carrying 5mg of cocaine — about 12 baht worth based on current street value, and substantially less than a single line of the drug."

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, LannaGuy said:

it was 5mg

"According to the original police arrest statement seen by Spectrum, Yuyee was carrying 5mg of cocaine — about 12 baht worth based on current street value, and substantially less than a single line of the drug."

if the amount is under 100 grams

That means any amount of coke, from any detectable amount, say 0.5mg to 15000+ KG 

It's what's known as draconian drugs laws, massively disproportionate I agree, but that's the law of the land.

11 hours ago, vadid said:

She couldn't care less about her children, knew the risks of being caught with cocaine, but still carried. Double her sentence.

Absolutely agree. Any responsible parent would not become involved in such antics. She could not have been working alone, who were her contacts and suppliers? Was her husband also involved in this?

Keep it off the streets, let her rot in jail along with her deadly substances.

10 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Absolutely agree. Any responsible parent would not become involved in such antics. She could not have been working alone, who were her contacts and suppliers? Was her husband also involved in this?

disgraceful and ignorant post

7 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

You may think my comments are disgraceful and ignorant, but the law doesn`t side with your opinions. One reason I love Thailand more then my native UK, is because they don`t fanny around here, break the law, go to jail serve big time. If they can`t serve the time, then don`t commit a crime. How difficult can it be for people to stay clean in Thailand. If they can`t then who cares when the consequences of their actions falls on top of them like a ton of bricks.

11 hours ago, Amras said:

Agreed. Geez I haven't been reading a lot of comments lately, but damn. Most ThaiVisa posters are still the same. High mighty sitting behind their computer. 

It's 0.2grams for personal use. Hardly worth 15 years in prison. A significant fine maybe, community service (which would be good in Thailand) but not jail. 

While other's drive unlicensed or drunk and kill 1 or multiple people in car accidents walk away with no more than a sorry, it's pathetic really. 

She's not a dealer, she's not selling. 

Remember the only difference between Alcohol and other 'hard' drugs is one is illegal the other isn't. The all ruin a heap of lives, cause violence, dependency and so on. Except 'weed', you'd be hard pressed to find the same amount of negative social consequences of that plant. (Note I don't do any 'drugs' and rarely drink, but I also believe in the choice for other people to do and deal with, the consequences of their own choices). 

Asia and their war on drugs....while running people over in the street is more acceptable. I'll never understand it....

This is not America, it's Asia .... and they are shit hot on anyone caught with drugs !

6 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

You may think my comments are disgraceful and ignorant, but the law doesn`t side with your opinions. One reason I love Thailand more then my native UK, is because they don`t fanny around here, break the law, go to jail serve big time. If they can`t serve the time, then don`t commit a crime. How difficult can it be for people to stay clean in Thailand. If they can`t then who cares when the consequences of their actions falls on top of them like a ton of bricks.

5mg?  'influential people'?  no lawer?  no drug test?  you can't be serious

did you READ the reports?  you really think people who break the law go to jail big time?  your response is unfathomable by any reasonable person who understands Thailand 

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

it was 5mg

if it was 5mg then it is even less than 250mg, its like less than the grain of the pic i posted. the police probably had to wipe her suitcase clean and squeeze every rag with their strength since their milk drinking days to get that much. 

1 minute ago, Moonmoon said:

if it was 5mg then it is even less than 250mg, its like less than the grain of the pic i posted. the police probably had to wipe her suitcase clean and squeeze every rag with their strength since their milk drinking days to get that much. 

These same reporters are the ones who don't know that an .11 caliber weapon is actually a .45 caliber weapon (which is roughly 11 mm).

5 mg or 250 mg. 15 years is ludicrous!

54 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

wow really? Thailand is a land of justice? That's something new I've learn here.

the reports of the elites breaking laws, killing innocents with their cars and not seeing a day of jail while testing positive for drugs and alcohol in their system must have slip your eyes.

the reports of children of high ranking policemen, and mafias beating up, shooting and killing others for some petty quarrels must have slip your notice.

How difficult can it be for ppl to stay clean in Thailand? i think more then 80% is probably drinking alcohol everyday and of which a handful are probably driving around recklessly and causing traffic accidents 

12 hours ago, vadid said:

She couldn't care less about her children, knew the risks of being caught with cocaine, but still carried. Double her sentence.

you are a disgrace to society to post comment like this.

A woman got caught with .2 g of illegal substance, obviously it was for her own consumption and you want to treat her like the worst criminal.

People with your attitude are those who should be locked up

8 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

You think taking cocaine is the same as having a bottle of beer?

this is a very intelligent comment, with that amount of drugs she could not be a risk for the public, but with your beer you could easily kill and get away free... how can people think this is acceptable is beyond me.

5 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

These same reporters are the ones who don't know that an .11 caliber weapon is actually a .45 caliber weapon (which is roughly 11 mm).

5 mg or 250 mg. 15 years is ludicrous!

freaking 5mg is like dust, it could have been blown onto her suitcase and they would have to forensics CSI dust the whole suitcase to get that amount lmao.

1 minute ago, Moonmoon said:

freaking 5mg is like dust, it could have been blown onto her suitcase and they would have to forensics CSI dust the whole suitcase to get that amount lmao.

Yeah!

I've probably sneezed 5 mg of coke the day after, back in the 1980's when I experimented.

Blame it on Eric Clapton.

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

..3-20 years or a fine of 60,000 – 400,000 Baht

if you are caught with a small amount of drugs (using the above example), you will likely be allowed to pay the low end of the fine at the police station.  so about 60,000thb (note the 'or' in the sentence quoted, not 'and').  the longer you/or your financial situation drags it out, the fine increases.  then, assuming you go to trial, you risk the jail sentence part of it.  as i said in another recent thread, it is best to make a payment as soon as possible.

what i don't understand is why this woman didn't make a payment ?  she is thai, she knows the drill.  i know she was not really taken in for drugs, it was for messing with the wrong people.  however, i read about a fine somewhere and i think it was 400,000 or so.  and she'd be free.  then later on i saw a fine amount of over a million baht.  just speculating but she may have passed on making the smaller payment and then ended up with a bigger one.  a million baht is not chump change but when you are looking at a prison sentence in thailand - and you have a husband and four kids - i'd hope you/your family would make arrangements for the payment to be made so you are free to go.  the husband is a foreigner so one would think his chances of raising the money would be alot better than hers.

a real sad story for this woman. 

Just now, buick said:

if you are caught with a small amount of drugs (using the above example), you will likely be allowed to pay the low end of the fine at the police station.  so about 60,000thb (note the 'or' in the sentence quoted, not 'and').  the longer you/or your financial situation drags it out, the fine increases.  then, assuming you go to trial, you risk the jail sentence part of it.  as i said in another recent thread, it is best to make a payment as soon as possible.

what i don't understand is why this woman didn't make a payment ?  she is thai, she knows the drill.  i know she was not really taken in for drugs, it was for messing with the wrong people.  however, i read about a fine somewhere and i think it was 400,000 or so.  and she'd be free.  then later on i saw a fine amount of over a million baht.  just speculating but she may have passed on making the smaller payment and then ended up with a bigger one.  a million baht is not chump change but when you are looking at a prison sentence in thailand - and you have a husband and four kids - i'd hope you/your family would make arrangements for the payment to be made so you are free to go.  the husband is a foreigner so one would think his chances of raising the money would be alot better than hers.

I agree, a very sad story.

I was only quoting from Siam Legal, broadly what kind of sentences are on the book here.

I have known for a long time that one should take the first offer here, regardless of what crime it is.

When I quoted these things I think some thought that I was a hang 'em high, anti drugs nut, I'm not, just pointing out how things are over here.

11 minutes ago, buick said:

I would suspect in this instance there wasn't an option of getting out of it.. seems to me someone influential wanted her put away for as long as possible.

The fact it was even found indicates this, why would customs be paying so close attention to her purse that they would locate 5mg (or even 250mg), unless they knew exactly where they were looking and what they were looking for?

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

22 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

wow really? Thailand is a land of justice? That's something new I've learn here.

the reports of the elites breaking laws, killing innocents with their cars and not seeing a day of jail while testing positive for drugs and alcohol in their system must have slip your eyes.

the reports of children of high ranking policemen, and mafias beating up, shooting and killing others for some petty quarrels must have slip your notice.

How difficult can it be for ppl to stay clean in Thailand? i think more then 80% is probably drinking alcohol everyday and of which a handful are probably driving around recklessly and causing traffic accidents 

All that you have said is exactly why people should not get on the wrong side of the law here. If you know the score then everyone else should know the score as well.

It makes no difference whether some consider drugs as being less harmful than alcohol and tobacco, what matters is what`s legal and illegal to use, meaning those that deal in illegal substances are pushing their luck. Don`t you get it?

In a country where there are laws for some and laws for others, then surely this is even more good reasons for people not to get involved in criminal activities and those that do, as I said; who cares about those that gamble and lose.

1 minute ago, cyberfarang said:

All that you have said is exactly why people should not get on the wrong side of the law here. If you know the score then everyone else should know the score as well.

It makes no difference whether some consider drugs as being less harmful than alcohol and tobacco, what matters is what`s legal and illegal to use, meaning those that deal in illegal substances are pushing their luck. Don`t you get it?

In a country where there are laws for some and laws for others, then surely this is even more good reasons for people not to get involved in criminal activities and those that do, as I said; who cares about those that gamble and lose.

People with empathy.

6 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

My wife got hit by a motorbike (in her Toyota truck), who was speeding, in the wrong lane with no license & no insurance.

She had a license and insurance.

The cops charged her 10,000 baht, because "You have farang name. All farangs have big money".

I paid. Not much choice.

a good example of what can happen (although thankfully no injury to wife and small fine, who cares about the car).  anyone of one us can be in a bad situation here in thailand without doing anything wrong.  people need to be aware of what to do in case it happens.  pay the amount requested ASAP, in case of an accident where someone is injured (your fault), make a settlement ASAP with the injured family, etc.., etc..  some on TV seem to think they will never be in 'the situation' but it can happen when you least expect it.  and you need to be ready.  have cash readily available (in case it is your friend who has the problem), have a friend(s) who have access to money, even better, have a thai friend with money. 

2 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

you stated that Thailand is a land of justice where there are good laws and not like the UK .

so why is crime rate still higher in Thailand and not UK?

why is Thailand so much higher than UK on the crime index? 

So having good laws but corrupted authorities and bad education system still does not help Thailand.

The difference is being educated and having real knowledge that crimes will be committed no matter if the person is intoxicated or not.

I would like to see drug and alcohol abusers be treated as a mental health problem rather than a crime.

If dealing in forbidden substance or item is a crime in this country, then treat it as such. 

Yuyee was caught with 0.0005grams which is 5mg which is just a speck of dust if u ask me.

if anything then she might be a user. 15years for rehab in a Thai jail is too much. her background does not suggest she was a drug trafficker or she was involved in any heinous crime.

there was a rich hiso jepop i think his name was. killed 2 good university students while high on drugs and yet he is still free n the case is quiet now.

there was a rich owner of a thai beauty brand who recently cause a major accident on ratchada while high on meth and tested positive has no driving license but is now free and able to post on social media that she is taking her license now.

these r examples that i would say punish them and jail them for justice.

I would like to see u say Thailand is a land of justice for all the real examples i pointed out to you.

why was Yuyee jailed for 15 years for a speck of dust while others have committed much worse crimes high on drugs. surely there is more than meets the eye here.

if the authorities wanted to help Yuyee then send her to rehab not jail for 15 years.

People commit crimes for many reasons. if someone robs or kills for money to get the next high, then he/she should be prosecuted.

but if a responsible citizen of the society who has a good family, makes good money uses drugs now n then for his/her own recreational and does not hurt anybody in anyway at all, then i would say leave him/her alone and let him/her still contribute to society.

Just because alcohol is legal doesn't make it any better than drugs. It messes up a person's judgement n health in every way when consumed. But when a responsible person drinks and just have fun and not hurt anyone we leave him alone right? 

there are many cases of drunk driving here in Thailand, many cases of Man asking money from wife, mother, gf and friend and hitting hurting and killing them when refused the alcohol money.

anything can be an addiction, even video games, seen a case of a grandson killing a grandma when refused money for games.

You can say there are good laws here and people have good reasons to follow them but you did not answer why then people are not following them here.

obviously having good laws are not enough. and I for 1 don't think Thailand have good laws. still so much room for improvement.

I think he is trolling - in a particularly nasty little way.

2 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

People commit crimes for many reasons. if someone robs or kills for money to get the next high, then he/she should be prosecuted.

but if a responsible citizen of the society who has a good family, makes good money uses drugs now n then for his/her own recreational and does not hurt anybody in anyway at all, then i would say leave him/her alone and let him/her still contribute to society.

WELL said!

8 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Found this link:-
http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citylife-articles/big-fish-little-fish-why-thailands-drug-laws-just-dont-work/

Maybe if the police made an exchange, 21 Rhino horns handed over to the powerful illegal wildlife cartel in exchange for them to drop the charges.

What a great link. All the details on this case and has nothing to do with the BP. Shame no one reads previous posts.

12 minutes ago, buick said:

a good example of what can happen (although thankfully no injury to wife and small fine, who cares about the car).  anyone of one us can be in a bad situation here in thailand without doing anything wrong.  people need to be aware of what to do in case it happens.  pay the amount requested ASAP, in case of an accident where someone is injured (your fault), make a settlement ASAP with the injured family, etc.., etc..  some on TV seem to think they will never be in 'the situation' but it can happen when you least expect it.  and you need to be ready.  have cash readily available (in case it is your friend who has the problem), have a friend(s) who have access to money, even better, have a thai friend with money. 

What planet are you living on?

Have friends with access to money, or Thai friends with money. Ha, ha, ha, best joke of the century. If your situation turns bottom up in Thailand and the only way out is to buy out, then you are on your own, the cavalry will not be coming to your rescue and why I avoid trouble here at all costs. Of course bad things can happen by no fault of our own, but why increase the chances of agro by breaking the law, even the most minor of offences.

Everyone knows the low tolerance levels Asian countries have towards drugs, in some countries the woman in the OP would have been sentenced to the death penalty. No excuses, just don`t do it if you are wise.

From the link I posted earlier

many supporters feel the presence of spite in the case against Yuyee. Comments on Thai online forums discuss her past notoriety; dressing provocatively, being proud of her dark Thai skin, and outspokenness, all of which were seen by some as an insult to the Thai ideal – read: fantasy – of womanhood, and perhaps a (terrible) reason behind her harsh punishment.

My missus is proud of her dark skin also. She's from Isaan. She's often said "me, no good, small and black, Thai man want tall, white lady, I like black skin, I real Thailand".

Obviously that was a few years ago when my missus spoke like Tarzan and Jane. Now she's very fluent in English. Still it shows that the elite won't except certain types. You have to be born and bred upper class to be accepted it seems.1489756840366.jpg.f68afd7722edff9589512b1007de57f4.jpg

26 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

What planet are you living on?

Have friends with access to money, or Thai friends with money. Ha, ha, ha, best joke of the century. If your situation turns bottom up in Thailand and the only way out is to buy out, then you are on your own, the cavalry will not be coming to your rescue and why I avoid trouble here at all costs. Of course bad things can happen by no fault of our own, but why increase the chances of agro by breaking the law, even the most minor of offences.

Everyone knows the low tolerance levels Asian countries have towards drugs, in some countries the woman in the OP would have been sentenced to the death penalty. No excuses, just don`t do it if you are wise.

I cannot say what I want to or I'll be banned (again). Please stop being so stupid and naive?  READ, RESEARCH the real reasons and it ain't to do with 5mg of coke

13 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Good Laws are good when Good people, authorities apply them for the protection and safety of good honest citizens, but when Good Laws and powers of authority are placed in corrupted individuals, they destroy, degrade and spat on the very oath that they undertook when they took up the badge and uniform.

Yuyee and her husband works hard for endangered animals and protect them from trafficking. Tell me these people deserved 15 years in jail for 5mg of coke.

they refused to pay the fine becos they knew they were innocent and thought the Good Laws and justice system would protect them only to have it destroyed their lives.

i wont condemned anyone who fails to see it but from me to you I sincerley request you please open your eyes..