D-Day for South Pattaya as parking now banned at the port - but confusion reigns

webfact

D-Day for South Pattaya as parking now banned at the port - but confusion reigns

3am.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

PATTAYA: -- Yesterday was D-day for the ending of parking of public transport vehicles at the port in South Pattaya.

But the authorities said that there was still confusion among operators and tourists and so they promised continued public relations to inform about plans for the area and what it means for the operators and the public, reported Siamchon News.

The area is being redeveloped with a budget of 97 million baht. Pattaya district hope to turn the area into a large park for the benefit of the public.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-17

4 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Where are all the buses going to park now?

Bali hi is turning into a real mess...

2 hours ago, LennyW said:

They had a park there already but built a green elephant of parking garage on it.......maybe that is the plan for here too....make a park and build a car park on it!!

Ah Yes,LOS where common sense is an uncommon thing.

22 hours ago, Bangna Betty said:

A park would be nice, however it is also a major drop off point for tourists using the jetty and boats to Koh Larn.  Where are they supposed to park? 

I hear your argument but it is not the job of the police to find parking spaces for people. It is their job to prevent illegal parking.

A spectacular failure.  About 1 - 2 pm today the area around Bali Hai was grid locked chaos. It stretched right back to Theppreya and the fly over.  The traffic lights at the junction of Theppreya/Third Road were not much use as the junction was permanently blocked by tour buses.  When the lights changed no one could move because of buses in the middle of the junction.  Not a policeman in sight.

1 hour ago, CRUNCHER said:

A spectacular failure.  About 1 - 2 pm today the area around Bali Hai was grid locked chaos. It stretched right back to Theppreya and the fly over.  The traffic lights at the junction of Theppreya/Third Road were not much use as the junction was permanently blocked by tour buses.  When the lights changed no one could move because of buses in the middle of the junction.  Not a policeman in sight.

The entire town was a huge cluster..ck of buses today.  What a wonderful high season we had with the zero-baht crackdown.  Now they are back with more than ever.   

On 3/17/2017 at 11:18 AM, LennyW said:

They had a park there already but built a green elephant of parking garage on it.......maybe that is the plan for here too....make a park and build a car park on it!!

don't you know its a "parking park"  park park...

As I have said for years, BUSES need to get out of Pattaya. Need to give them central parking locations on the DARK SIDE and have the hotels shuttle passengers into Pattaya. buses  are are a bain on traffic in Pattaya. It is a mini Bangkok. Does not have the infrastructure to handle the traffic yet they keep building. Buses cause major traffic problems, drive as if they just got behind the wheel of a bus for the first time and drive way too fast. They continually park illegally and the BIB do nothing as far as enforcing the law. I have seen convoys of buses on 3rd Road 18 in one minute. This is a major traffic problem as there are too many buses on the small roads of Pattaya 

On 3/19/2017 at 0:52 AM, tootall said:

As I have said for years, BUSES need to get out of Pattaya. Need to give them central parking locations on the DARK SIDE and have the hotels shuttle passengers into Pattaya. buses  are are a bain on traffic in Pattaya. It is a mini Bangkok. Does not have the infrastructure to handle the traffic yet they keep building. Buses cause major traffic problems, drive as if they just got behind the wheel of a bus for the first time and drive way too fast. They continually park illegally and the BIB do nothing as far as enforcing the law. I have seen convoys of buses on 3rd Road 18 in one minute. This is a major traffic problem as there are too many buses on the small roads of Pattaya 

They should/could pull "Imminent Domain" under Article 44.

Tear down half the structures built waaay back when, compensate the owners, and widen the roads, and build 8 or ten big parking garages.

My Mother's house was built in 1967 & for sure, they are going to do that with half her front yard to make way for a larger road.

Luckily she has a big front yard.

I've never been able to understand why it is, in Asia, that folks build things so close to each other, and never take into account the need for people to park their cars.

Tucom & Villa have the only parking garages in town that I know of. Getting to the Tucom garage is like threading a camel thru the eye of a needle as well.

2 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

They should/could pull "Imminent Domain" under Article 44.

Tear down half the structures built waaay back when, compensate the owners, and widen the roads, and build 8 or ten big parking garages.

My Mother's house was built in 1967 & for sure, they are going to do that with half her front yard to make way for a larger road.

Luckily she has a big front yard.

I've never been able to understand why it is, in Asia, that folks build things so close to each other, and never take into account the need for people to park their cars.

Tucom & Villa have the only parking garages in town that I know of. Getting to the Tucom garage is like threading a camel thru the eye of a needle as well.

Central mall ,avenue mall. royal garden,Tukcom,mikes mall, big c extra,big c festival mall,harbor mall all have parking garages and terminal 21 mall will have parking garage as well.Maybe the next seaside mall should be built in Jomtien to spread the mall traffic more over both towns.