Elevated rail structure falls on car; Narrowly misses woman

snoop1130

Elevated rail structure falls on car; Narrowly misses woman

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

57954154160882.jpg

Image: @oosora / Twitter

BANGKOK — A driver narrowly escaped injury – or worse – when a giant metal bar fell from an elevated rail under construction and landed on her car Friday afternoon.

The piece, known as a launcher, struck the hood of the Nissan March at about 3.30pm on the inbound Phahonyothin Road close to Ratchayothin intersection.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/03/17/elevated-rail-structure-falls-car/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-3-17

I wonder if this will be investigated by the Thai.

It's the ultimate example of not obeying any safetyrules.

In Thailand you have to look left-right-infront-behind-up-down all the time....let's lure some more quality tourists now.

14 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Another almost fatal accident by Italian Thai. One of the big 5 contractors with an appalling safety record

Probably not even recorded as a lost time accident 

9 minutes ago, 8OA8 said:

Probably not even recorded as a lost time accident 

Agreed, but given who has the majority shareholding it will not change anytime soon because the influence that those shareholders have gets them the contract award in the first place.  The feedback I get is that their safety record does not even figure in the bid analysis procedures.

Yet another reason why I give construction sites as wide a berth as I can. A couple of months ago out here in Phra Khanong a tall hole-boring machine keeled over and fell onto the BTS stairway, breaking the railings and smacking the roof a good one. It completely destroyed a fat communications box on the street too. I was, fortunately, across the street just after it happened.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp